American Psycho 2 June 18th

Discussion in 'General' started by Suicide, Jun 7, 2002.

1. Suicide

Suicide Space Bastard!

[​IMG]

Apparently it's actually Children of the Corn 8. What with that big ass farm tool and all. Anyone gonna rent this one once it comes out? I kinda like the cover, mainly on account of I think Mila is hot. I'm looking forward to American Psycho 3: Bride of American Psycho.

2. Max Yokell

Max Yokell Guest

Yeah she is kind of cute though a little young for my tastes. I heard that William Shanter is in it too. I wonder if it will have as much T&A as the first one. Wuold not mind seeing her in the buff.

Max

3. moogong

moogong Arte Suave

I really want to see this movie but I hate William Shatner. He is such a parody of himself nowadays.

4. Jason Reynolds

Jason Reynolds New Member

I'm looking forward to the movie and plan to buy the DVD sight unseen. Might be a mistake, but we'll see.

There was a Fangoria article on it a few issues back and it sounded fairly decent. Though I think it was a stand-alone script they reworked into a loose sequel.

-Jason

BTW, I doubt very seriously she'll do any nude scenes... but we can only hope. :)

5. DVD Connoisseur

DVD Connoisseur Active Member

I'm one of those old stick in the muds...

...who become really wound up by "loose sequels." If the film was good enough to stand up on its own two feet, it wouldn't need a title like American Psycho 2. It's just wrong....:mad:

American Psycho is a brilliant satire on '80s capitalism. It should stand as a unique movie. I very much doubt that this sequel will have 1% of the original's intellect or style.

Shatner's cool, though. Especially when he's singing.;)

6. moogong

moogong Arte Suave

Re: I'm one of those old stick in the muds...

I think you are saying that just in spite of me:p

7. mcchrist

mcchrist A new breed of pervert!

I've been dreading this one for a while now... The first was amazing, the original material even more amazing, and now... They didn't even come up with an original screenplay, the studio announced long ago that they were going to look through some of the screenplays they owned to see if they could adapt it. Someone needs their ass removed.

8. Suicide

Suicide Space Bastard!

[​IMG]
    I think James D. R. Hickox is gonna sue somebody.

9. Andrew

Andrew Guest

That was the best CHILDREN OF THE CORN.

10. Suicide

Suicide Space Bastard!

Yeah, that was the best COTC. That statue scares the crap out of me. And don't forget that big thing kicking everybody's ass at the end.
    Anyway, there's a review of the movie up at the always fun Arrow in the Head site. http://www.joblo.com/arrow/americanpsycho2.htm
    If you've never been to the site I recommend you look at his other reviews, always a fun read. And check out the main Joblo.com site as well for more non horror stuff.

11. KillerCannabis

KillerCannabis Slow, Deep & Hard

This makes me want to cry. What a great way to ruin the legacy of a classic.........

12. Suicide

Suicide Space Bastard!

Well, I have a copy at my house. I'll put a little review up here later today after I watch it. If any of you saw my review over in the Off Topic section, don't worry, it'll be way smaller, I'll stick with a basic, it sucks, or it sucks, but not as much as you'd think, Mila is hot, that type of stuff. I'll try and keep it under 2 paragraphs.

13. Suicide

Suicide Space Bastard!

Well, I just got done watching it and I'm just gonna get this out of the way right now and say I liked it. Not a totally good movie, but I really had fun with it. The reason the movie worked for me mostly was Mila Kunis. Mila was very likable, not only for her looks, she was pretty funny and did well with the part. She carried the movie nicely, without her the movie wouldn't have stood much of a chance. I hope to see her in more stuff soon.

Other than her, there was some decent stuff. Shatner was interesting, if only to hear him say the "F" word a couple times.
    A few funny lines, one or two good kills, and some competent enough directing. Nothing brilliant, but the camera never jerked about or anything like that. One thing that I enjoyed was the music. It was very upbeat and sounded kinda out of place, like say - Ravenous for example - but it gave the movie a bizarre comedic feel to it. Especially the Beetlejuice sounding polka kinda song near the end. Hilarious.

Basically a decent direct to video movie with a performance by Mila Kunis that I really enjoyed. Not a terrible waste of time. But definitely not the damn near masterpiece the first was. But then again you really can't compare these two, and no one would if it didn't have the whole American Psycho thing in it.

You guys will have to take that tiny review lightly though, I watch and enjoy a pretty decent amount of movies most people would consider crappy. Freddy's Dead, for example.

I know for a fact most of you will hate this movie. A lot of comedy parts some of you just won't find funny, and very little horror. Basically if you are gonna see it. Set your expectations very low, and don't expect a brilliant serial killer movie, or some biting social commentary or anything like that.

On it's own I give it a 6.5 out of 10. It would be about 2.5 less without Mila. Compared to the first 4 out of 10.

Ok, that's a few of my thoughts on it. I know, I know that review kinda sucks, but I just can't get many thoughts in without rambling too much. (see my review over in Off Topic, way too much rambling, this one not enough description, I quit.)

Last edited: Jun 13, 2002
  14. Erg0n

Erg0n My Baby Picture

In a House that's Up My Butt In A Cellar, Canada
    This movie went straight to video? Or was it released in selected theatres

15. Jason Reynolds

Jason Reynolds New Member

I believe it's a straight to Video/DVD release.

Best Buy is going to have it on sale next week for $12.99.

-Jason

16. Suicide

Suicide Space Bastard!

Nothing special here, just felt like bringing this back to the top, since it's been released, and maybe a few more of you have gotten to see it.

17. Max Yokell

Max Yokell Guest

Well I posted these thoughts elsewhere, so there maybe be somethings that did not need mentioning here. Copy and Paste is just so much easier then re-writing though. :)

First a little background on the movie. Now I am not 100% sure of all the facts, but it is my understanding that this was originally going to be a movie clalles All American Girl, but it was decided that it could be squeezed in to American Psycho II. As someone that enjoyed American Psycho upon intially hearing of this movie, I figured it would be an awful rip off but It was only $12 at Best Buy this week and sort of like a person that can't take their eyes off of a horrible car wreck I decided, Oh what the hell.

The movie Features Mila Kunis (Jackie from That 70's show) as an up & coming student of
    Bobby Starkwether (William "Kirk" Shatner) who teaches a class about investigating and understanding serial killers. She dreams of becoming his teacher's aid and eventually becoming a part of the FBI hunting serial killers. Only problem is that some serial killer seems to be hunting people on campus.

It basically keeps the viewer in touch with most of what is going on and leaves them wondering where it will lead. Kunis does a good job with the role she has been provided and Shatner is well, Shatner. There is a certain coolness and detachment much like the first American Psycho.

So I kind of feel this movie would have stood better on its own then be squeezed into the AP II name. While nowhere near as good a story or movie as the first one I did find I enjoyed it.

Now manny horror movies have traditionally featured two things that seem make them a draw, Gore and gratitous nudity. Heck some of the more enjoyable Horror movies have managed to be so inspite of poor stories and acting by just adding this two major ingridents in using healty servings of each. So when grading a Horror movie you need to let the fans know how they stack up in these depts.

Seeing as this movie got the R rating in a day when many of these movie try to hold themselves to a PG 13 rating you would expect that would not be scared off by some gore and gratitous nudity. Well so first off there was no nudity whatsoever. In the gore Dept, it was also pretty weak although there was some blood and a few quick shots of gore, but for the most part it was pretty tame.

Inspite of this, it seems that I did actually enjoy the movie. The story while not the greatest was good enough to keep me watching until it was over.

The DVD Features a 16x9 OAR transfer. Which looked good on my non prog 50" Mits 4x3 tv in the bedroom. The soudntrack was a perfect match and made good use of the LFE.

I would only rate at a C+ -B- in the horror genre, but it could be worth a rent some rainy night.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 21, 2002
  18. KillerCannabis

KillerCannabis Slow, Deep & Hard

This was directed by a student from UCSB. I know because my friend is taking a horror film class and the director is coming in to talk about the movie. I told him to smack him.

19. Ezekial24

Ezekial24 Guest

She's 18 going on 19 in August ... that's some prime pussy. (fresh too) :D

But that's my HO.

Bust this though, did you know apparently the age of consent in New Mexico is 13?

How fucked up is that? That is wrong wrong wrong, how can you fuck a 13 year old? Argh.

And what's worse is that New Mexico belongs to the country that is dubbed "The leader of the free world" ... the Good ol' US of A.

Shit, I know each state has it's own laws (like in Kentucky I think the age of consent is 14, Wyoming it's 19) ... but IMHO any age of consent law under 16 should have federal intervention to overide it and make it at least 16.

Shit even 16 is a bit taboo IMHO, I mean 16, 17 is better but maybe I'm just old.

20. CPT HOOK

CPT HOOK Well-Known Member

Didn't see this mentioned anywhere, but as of last September, American Psycho 2 is available on blu-ray (and you can easily find it for under $10). I finally picked it up today. I'm curious to revisit, I remember it being just a dumb fun slasher movie (as long as you can disconnect it from the original).

Can't imagine there's much interest other than myself, but if you dig the corny straight-to-video slasher boom of the early '00s, this one's out there for you. I wish they'd put more on blu-ray.

[​IMG]