American Sniper (2014) quick review

Discussion in 'Reader Reviews' started by thing, Jan 10, 2015.

1. Mok

Mok Family is Forever

Whoa! I think you just cracked the case! Clearly from what you just said, it's obvious Jesse committed treason and indeed DID get knocked out! They should get you to defend all the tabloids that print false information (OR DO THEY? WINK WINK). They'd never lose!

2. baggio

baggio Well-Known Member

Silly

BTW, you do know that the whole case the Jesse won wasn't that he got punched out or not. Was that he said what he did or not. See Jesse has you believe the WHOLE story was made up out of the blue.

Ask Jeremiah Dinnell , Andrew Paul, Kevin Lacz all Seals at that bar who TESTIFIED that Kyle punched Jesse. Plus like 11 other witnesses. The case was won because they couldn't prove the Jesse said the comments. Not the punch. So it was basically Kyle word against Jesse in the "words" part. So the facts are that indeed Jesse did get punched, but what he said to Kyle aren't proven. He could have made a comment about his mother. But he did get punched.

Last edited: Jan 20, 2015
  3. baggio

baggio Well-Known Member

Listen to the FIRST time he ever mentioned the story anywhere. No it's not on Bill Orielly like most people think. That was the second time AFTER people heard it here first.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B1Ne-SuIuh4

Jump to 22:30 Listen to the whole part about the incident. Imo he's not lying or bragging whatsoever. In fact even gave Jesse props about being a true Seal after a question about not being one. And said something about Jesse was off balanced that's why he probably fell down. He doesn't seem to be bragging at all. Just telling the story. The guys in room are the ones that are egging it on about how cool it was. Not Kyle.

4. Mok

Mok Family is Forever

I refuse to listen to Opey and Anthony. They are retarded.

Jesse supposedly told Seal team members at the wake of a dead soldier, in a public bar, that they deserved to lose a few guys and this dude punched him out and then ran from police.

Somehow they could't get anyone to confirm this happened.

Case closed.

It's ok buddy, this will make you feel better:

[​IMG]

5. baggio

baggio Well-Known Member

Your brain is closed. No arguing with a truther.

Apparently you didn't read post 22. Guess you don't like facts. Why not listen to the interview? I watched the Jesse clip you posted. That's how you get educated. Always learn from the other side. Helps one make an intelligent decision.

Was that picture was pulled from your photo archive sunshine? :p

6. Mok

Mok Family is Forever

You know Badge? You're right, he did get punched. I can see it means a lot to you and I don't want you to get upset. I change my mind.

7. baggio

baggio Well-Known Member

At least we got that settled. I knew you would come to your senses.

8. Mok

Mok Family is Forever

You got it! ;)

9. Angelman

Angelman OCD Blu Ray Collector

I don't think of him as a killer, but he did kill people. My point was a completely apolitical one in that it is hard for audiences to see a man killing people and not showing remorse. Like you said and is true of me as well "I don't have the mental makeup to do it"... Because of that I find it hard to connect to people who do unless I see some humanity in there. The world is a tough place and very tough things happen in it. Cognitively I can wrap my head around it. Narratively it leaves me wanting more. Not a criticism of the guy, or war, or any political belief, just a comment as a viewer of the film.

10. Mok

Mok Family is Forever

Nothing to see here. No reason to start throwing tampons:
    http://www.vulture.com/2015/01/real-american-snipers-5-alleged-lies.html
    http://www.slate.com/articles/news_and_politics/jurisprudence/2015/01/american_sniper_lawsuit_chris_kyle_told_lies_about_jesse_ventura.html

Last edited: Jan 21, 2015
  11. Zombie Dude

Zombie Dude Well-Known Member

I saw the film last night and enjoyed it. It wasn't as great or intense as the trailer made it out to be but it was a hell of a lot better than Fury which I watched the night before.

12. baggio

baggio Well-Known Member

You do realize you proved my point, right?

Thanks for the leg work.

Anyway back to your hero Jesse. You do realize he's the same guy that for years has said on tons of talk shows, TV, etc... that the government took down the Twin Towers. That's right the government was behind the ENTIRE incident.

Stick to horror Mok (we need you on that side), get out of the truther business. Which is completely hack btw, yesterdays news. The fumes from the Thermite paint might be getting to ya.

[​IMG]

13. baggio

baggio Well-Known Member

The Fury wasn't too bad, it was that last section of the movie. It ruined the film for me. Can't put my finger on it, it was like a different director took over, they ran out of time, or something. Some examples, it went from day to night in 5 minutes, the logic of waiting to the last minute to engage (giving no distance between them and the enemy), the logistics of what would happen when a couple of German stalk grenades explode in a "tight" space, etc... A real mess in the finale.

Last edited: Jan 22, 2015
  14. Mok

Mok Family is Forever

If your point was that Chris Kyle lied to bolster his hype, then yes. High-five.

No. He's said for years that the only conspiracy that is accepted about 911 is that a few guys armed with box cutters defeated the american air defences. He has never drawn any conclusions from any of the inconsistencies that exist on that theory, only that he feels the government hasn't been entirely forthcoming. It is widely known that there are a number of redacted pages from the 911 report, which essentially proves him correct on that point.

Thank you, I like to be needed, but I'll stick to the truth, even if it makes me a villain.

15. cjg

cjg Active Member

Any kind of a pro war movie is not for me.

16. baggio

baggio Well-Known Member

No my point is that Jesse won a suit on defamation damages. Which he was awarded because in the jury's eyes they did not see enough proof that Jesse said what he said at that bar that day.

Not that that he wasn't there, not that he was punched, but the words that were said. That's the whole point of what Jesse was suing for. The words that came out of Jesse's mouth, that and that alone. Plenty of witnesses that he got punched, but not so much on what he said.

Sorry no. You have to be joking. Standard Jesse double talk. I think he slammed his head into one too many seashells while surfing in Mexico.

17. Mok

Mok Family is Forever

Wrong way around bud. To win a defamation suit, you have to prove that what was allegedly said, was a malicious lie.

Paid witnesses with inconsistent stories. No one thought Jesse would win because, as I said, the onus of proof is very difficult to produce and yet somehow the truth prevailed.

You are entitled to what you think. :)

18. baggio

baggio Well-Known Member

Paid witnesses. I need links and proof that this is true.

19. Mok

Mok Family is Forever

http://www.startribune.com/local/267170441.html

"Lee also said the Kyles had personally given her $26,000. Taya Kyle testified last week that the money is part of an effort to disperse income from her late husband’s book to veterans’ causes"

Last edited: Jan 22, 2015
  20. Zombie Dude

Zombie Dude Well-Known Member

I found it bleak and fairly boring most of the way through. Most of the characters were assholes and I could care less about them and I agree that the ending didn't make sense and was pretty stupid. I was definitely hoping for more excitement from Fury.