American Werewolf in London Limited edition steelbook

Discussion in 'High Definition' started by thing, Nov 14, 2014.

1. thing

thing Well-Known Member

For the life of me i cannot fins a thread for An American Werewolf in London, surely there must have been one? Anyways I picked up the new steelbook, it is exactly the same disc as the Full Moon edition so it will be up to whether you like the packaging as to whether this interests you.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2ZDB5R_2j40
    My look at it here ^^^

2. Mikey Horror

Mikey Horror Active Member

Seen this new wave of steelbooks at Best Buy earlier this week and they honestly have some of the most hideous cover art I've ever seen.

3. dave13

dave13 Well-Known Member

yeah, thats incredibly unappealing. I would have liked to see the original artwork with Dunne and Naughton looking over their shoulders. If I were looking to buy this again, this type of artwork would cause me to rethink the purchase.

...and yes, thing, there are several American Werewolf threads. how are you performing the search? if you go the home page, select "Forums" in the search box to the left and type "American Werewolf" in the box below that, you'll see more than a dozen...

4. thing

thing Well-Known Member

o well, I dislike most of them but I much preferred this steelbook art to the old full moon edition art here http://www.nbcuniversalstore.com/imgcache/product/resized/000/348/508/catl/an-american-werewolf-in-london-blu-ray_600.jpg?k=fdc420c8&pid=348508&s=catl&sn=nbcuniversalstore, but the best for me is the classic werewolf face picture cover here http://www.screenscribe.tv/wp-content/uploads/NZWERE_D1_BDHiRes_BDCover.jpg

Firstly i searched the high def forum then went to a wider search on the main forums page using the search tool on the blue strip (typing in American Werewolf) that goes across near the top? is that not the right search?

Last edited: Nov 14, 2014
  5. dave13

dave13 Well-Known Member

I don't know if there's a "right" or "wrong" way to search, but honestly i never look for things within one sub-forum or another...i just go based on the front page. that way you get all possible hits for any given topic you might be looking for. so i would say that the front page "Search Box" on the left of the screen is the broadest way to search.

you know, i haven't been happy with any of the AWIL artwork since the VHS, which was a variation on the original poster art:

[​IMG]

i wasn't a fan of the werewolf face one you mentioned, which is more or less what we had on the original dvd. the full moon edition one was fairly weak too, although it felt like a bit more effort had been put into creating a nice composition. i suppose that would have been my favorite so far. because this new one looks like a street sign or a bumper sticker...not a movie cover.

6. russweiss

russweiss Well-Known Member

The Japanese and Thai posters for this film are my favorite.

7. dave13

dave13 Well-Known Member

jesus, is that last one really an original poster? it's completely bonkers! i love the wolf with his head up the nurses dress in the bottom left, that's amazing!

8. russweiss

russweiss Well-Known Member

I have 3 Japanese posters for American Werewolf. As far as I know they are all originals. They are all standard 22 x 28 size.

9. thing

thing Well-Known Member

10. Steel76

Steel76 Well-Known Member

That Thai poster is pretty awesome looking :)

11. elDomenechHDG

elDomenechHDG Well-Known Member

They come up with this butt ugly art but won't consider using the original art? Utter madness. Sony's upcoming steelbook wave - now THAT's nice.

12. Midnight Buddha

Midnight Buddha Member

Jeez... That`s some really shitty artwork. You wouldn`t know which film it was representing.

13. bigdaddyhorse

bigdaddyhorse Detroit Hi-on

I love how Naughton looks almost Asian on the Thai poster. It will fill in nicely in place of the non-existent Ghana poster it so desperately needs.

The last Japan one is a whole 'nother level! I really like the wolf in the bloodstain one too, never seen either of those. Thanks for sharing them.:)