An interesting rumor...

Discussion in 'Slashers' started by DopeChamberX, Apr 20, 2001.

1. DopeChamberX

DopeChamberX Guest

Dark Horizons has an interesting tidbit about a rumor of an upcoming prequel to A Nightmare on Elm Street. I'm guessing it would be about Freddy before he died, but that seems kind of weird. Anyone else have thoughts on this?

2. Funktion

Funktion Member

DopeChamberX, I heard this rumours on Monday, and I was quite happy.

You see I LOVE the Nightmare on Elm Street series (my favourite horror series!!!), so any rumour of a new movie is good news to me.

The thing is I searched on the Internet Movie Database for the names of the people who "wrote" the script ("Anna Miller" & "Fred Vicarel") and they do exist, but don't have any script credited to them (they have quite secondary jobs); go check for yourself:
    http://us.imdb.com/Name?Miller,+Anna
    http://us.imdb.com/Name?Vicarel,+Fred

So, I don't believe this is true. I hope I'm wrong. I would love to see some more NOES sequels/prequels!!!

3. MovieFan

MovieFan Guest

Can't we consider Freddy's Dead: The Final Nightmare as a prequel and a sequel? :)

4. The script is being written, yes, but considering the issue they're having with releasing 'Jason X', it's unlikely we'll ever see this made. That's probably a good thing because honestly, what's a 'Nightmare' movie without Freddy?

5. rhett

rhett Administrator

Freddy would still be in it...

I think a prequel to the NOES series would be real neat, as the NOES films have a fair bit of back story to them, involving Freddy. I always liked that part of Freddy's Dead, looking at his past before he really went off his rocker. If Jason X pulls in moderate box office numbers, then another NOES would be pretty much inevitable.

6. hojimoji

hojimoji Member

I'm only for it if Wes agrees to do it. Let's face it, he gave us the orginal, he gave us Dream Warriors, and although I don't really care for it, he gave us the pretty groundbreaking New Nightmare.

Even if he says he's done with the whole Freddy thing, he should atleast be hired as a consultant.

Just my $.02

TTYL
    Gordon