Anchor Bay and Fox together again!!!

Discussion in 'High Definition' started by Nailwraps, Oct 25, 2011.

1. dave13

dave13 Well-Known Member

i emailed them months ago asking if there were any plans for a Nosferatu blu ray. no reply.

2. Mikey Horror

Mikey Horror Active Member

They can't even release the classics they have, like Phantasm, Re-Animator, etc. I asked them about it and got some bullshit canned answer about it not being cost effective to remaster older films, blah blah blah. Which is fine, so I told them to quit sitting on them and release the rights so other companies have the opportunity to give the fans what they want. Got no reply to that request.

3. chrismac87

chrismac87 Zombie Eater

The irony in that statement is if it wasn't for the older films they released and remastered only a mere 10 years ago - they wouldn't be where they are today.

I am really starting to loose respect for Anchor Bay as a company, they just don't seem to give a shit anymore about the properties that got them to where they are. I was hoping they'd put out CEMETERY MAN on Blu, but now I hope Shout! ends up with it, it will be much better off.

4. Mikey Horror

It just doesn't make any sense to me. Look at companies like Blue Underground and Synapse. Sure their films have a rather large cult following, but they are nowhere near as popular as some of the films that Anchor Bay holds the rights to yet Bill and Don are obviously making money or they wouldn't be doing it. Anchor Bay is full of shit with their "cost effective" excuse. I just wish they'd let the rights pass to to someone who will release them and not keep them locked in a vault somewhere. What could they possibly have to gain from just ignoring the titles that they have?

Last edited: Apr 21, 2012
  5. CPT HOOK

CPT HOOK Well-Known Member

Since some of those titles are still available on DVD, they technically aren't sitting on them. Even though blu-ray is gaining footing, there is still a huge market for DVD.

And you can't really compare a company like Anchor Bay with Synapse or Blue Underground any more. Comparing them to LionsGate might be more appropriate. Anchor Bay has their own theatrical releases now, and much bigger things to worry about.

Cult titles were just their foot in the door.

6. Katatonia

Katatonia Hellbound Heart

The answer is easy, they're lazy. They've released a ton of Blu-rays that were completely barebones, porting none of the old DVD extras over. Many were even Starz original movies, so there's really no other excuse.

Behind the Mask: The Rise of Leslie Vernon, Beyond Sherwood Forest, Jack Brooks: Monster Slayer, Jack Brooks: Monster Slayer, Spiral, etc...

They were so lazy on those Blu-rays, that they didn't even port over the SDH subtitles and most of them didn't even have a menu. They just "play"

7. Nailwraps

Nailwraps Well-Known Member

8. Mikey Horror

:confused::confused::confused: Really. They'll release that shit but not films like Phantasm or...oh fuck it. I give up bitching about this shit.

9. Matt89

Matt89 Well-Known Member

Wow. What a list of shit.

~Matt

10. Chomp

Chomp Rudest Motherfucker on HD

No Airheads fans?

11. CPT HOOK

CPT HOOK Well-Known Member

I love Airheads.

And Best Laid Plans is a really good movie, but probably not one I'd watch over and over.

12. Katatonia

Katatonia Hellbound Heart

Ugh, none of those excites me much at all, except for perhaps The Star Chamber...and only then if it's cheap.

Airheads is okay, but not really one I care about owning or would ever rewatch.

That is truly a pretty crappy list. No Freaked?

13. joltaddict

joltaddict New Member

I would think Phantasm would out sell all of them put together. And at a higher price point too. Who the fucks gonna preorder Black Knight?

14. Marshall Crist

Marshall Crist New Member

Can't say I really give two shits about Fox. Give me THE SEVEN MINUTES and I'm good.

15. buck135

buck135 Kanamit

I am. It really hasn't aged well, but it's a guilty pleasure of mine. I'm a huge White Zombie fan, so their appearance is the highlight of the film for me. The soundtrack is good too.

16. Suicide

Suicide Space Bastard!

I like Airheads, but I've seen Airheads quite a few times over the years and it's not one I have interest in ever buying. I think I even found it for $1 at a thrift store and couldn't bring myself to throw down the dollar to own it.

Best part of Airheads is actually Feed the Gods, which I think is by far the best song Rob Zombie has ever been involved with.

Elizabeth Hurley is super hot in Bedazzled, so the pervy side of me is slightly interested in that one, but again, it's not a movie I would buy.

17. buck135

buck135 Kanamit

One of the times I saw White Zombie was at The Marquee in Norwalk, CT. Rob prefaced Feed The Gods by saying "This is from a movie called Airheads. We're in it, and it's gonna be sooo stupid." I still enjoyed it for what it was in 1994.

18. MorallySound

MorallySound Mad Mutilator

Me too please. Just re-watched this for about the 'nth time this past weekend and it still cracks me up. I love this movie and would love to see it in HD on Blu.

19. chrismac87

chrismac87 Zombie Eater

I guess I'm the only one excited about JUMPIN' JACK FLASH. :fuck:

20. buck135

buck135 Kanamit

It's one of the better Whoopi Goldberg films. It was on HBO constantly in the late '80's. I never really had a desire to watch it since.