Anchor Bay Extravaganza Contest

Discussion in 'Site News' started by rhett, Oct 26, 2008.

1. geeare

geeare Guest

maniac

2. ekent

ekent The Lord's Arm of Justice

North California, South Alabam, and little towns a
    I wish I could be more creative and say something off the wall but there is no getting around that Dawn of the Dead Ultimate Edition box set. I have to keep it near my PC because I use it for reference and screen grabs all the time! I might need to buy another one for safe keeping because I am wearing the one I have out. A class set of discs that successfully pacified the fans for a few years :)

3. Ash28M

Ash28M Active Member

I would have to go with the Suspiria (3 Disc Limited Edition). Not necessary because it has the most features. It does have a great featurette but the package could have easily fit on a two disc set. I'm picking it because while other DVD's of it's age have started to look like they could use a redo. This one still looks and sounds great and Is one of the first non Blu -Ray's I'll choose in showing off my system. The amazing sound track included is an annual ritual for any self respecting Hollow's Eve bash. It's hard to believe I first purched it for about $70 back in 2002. I can't imagine spending that much for a retail disc again. Looking back though I can't say it wasn't worth it.

Last edited: Oct 27, 2008
  4. Slackjaw83

Slackjaw83 Lonely St. Tattooer

I'm actually going to go with a later AB release. I'll say that my favorite is the "Freaked" double-disc set that was released in 2005.

It was one of my favorite movies when I was in Jr. High. I taped it from Showtime, and literally wore the tape out. That said, I hadn't seen it in years. When I heard it was finally getting a DVD release, I was happy, but wasn't expecting much. What I got, however, was a great transfer (both sound and video wise), 1 of my favorite commentaries ever, and more interesting extras than I could shake a stick at (I paticularly love the "table read")

While others are close as far as DVD quality (Dawn of the Dead Ultimate Collection, Hellraiser, Evil Dead 2 : Dead By Dawn Book of the Dead ed., etc.), or because of my love for what's on the discs (Demons, Titus Season 1/2, Mad Monster Party, etc.) "Freaked" wins out with me.

5. Darkside

Darkside New Member

I will have to say C.H.U.D!

6. zompirejoe

zompirejoe Active Member

My favorite has to be Dawn of the Dead Ultimate Edition. That set is packed with everything you could want as a Dawn fan. This is one of my favorite films of all time, and Anchor Bay did a great job with it !

7. marcx

marcx New Member

Hace to go witht he suspiria set since its one of my fave movies of all time...

8. spawningblue

spawningblue Deadite

Lot of great releases, Dawn of the Dead UE, Evil Dead 1 and 2 Book of the Dead editions, Suspiria 3 disc set, Army of Darkness Boomstick edition...

But my all time most watched DVD by them (Maybe by any company) has to be the Halloween LE 2 disc set with the correct colour transfer, TV cut, lots of extras, and the cool lenticular cover. It is still the best way to watch Halloween, beating out the newer Divimax and Blu Ray editions.

9. Vincent Pina

Vincent Pina New Member

Suspiria 3-disc. I want a goddamn Blu-Ray, though.

10. evildeadfan123

evildeadfan123 Sam & Dean Winchester

Will have to go with Evil Dead Ultimate Edition, because I waited for so long for the Ladies of The Evil Dead Documentary, and also, to be able to have both the Full and Widescreen versions of Evil Dead in one Set, and the 1 hour of footage that was deleted and/or extended.

11. NightAndFog

NightAndFog New Member

Maniac, hands down.Great extras.

12. KillerCannabis

KillerCannabis Slow, Deep & Hard

Geez, there's so many to choose from...

I'm going to go with the R2 Phantasm Sphere Collection. All 4 philms anamorphic, with DTS tracks and a ton of extras. It's everything a phan could ask for.

13. fceurich39

fceurich39 Well-Known Member

same here

14. Caspar2112

Caspar2112 New Member

Anchor Bay Euro Selections

Although I am extremely Appreciative of most of the North American Horror releases that Anchor Bay have revisioned to the legions of fans and new fans alike ie Phantasm. It is with utmost exhuberance that I love their Euro Selections that much more. Suspiria would have to hold the second place to the Bava Box sets. :)

15. CrazyFatEthel

CrazyFatEthel New Member

Definately the 3 disc release of Suspiria for me!!

16. spencer6590

spencer6590 Guest

My favorite Anchor Bay DVD would have to be Halloween 4: The Return of Michael Myers. That movie is sooo good and Michael Myers has always been my favorite horror movie killer!

:)

17. fattyjoe37

fattyjoe37 Well-Known Member

Totally agree with spencer6590, Halloween 4 is my favorite Anchor Bay DVD. The special edition includes one of the best commentaries ever with writer Alan B. McElroy.

18. wago70

wago70 Surviving on nostalgia

San Francisco - down by them two ol' sheds
    My favorite AnchorBay DVD is DEMONS. It's a DVD that gets non stop play and I absolutely love the picture quality!

19. Cujo108

Cujo108 Guest

After thinking about it, I have to go with Society. I was so happy when that hit DVD, and in it's uncut form no less.

The other two I considered were The Wicker Man wooden box edition and Near Dark.

20. Conal Cochran

Conal Cochran New Member

I will go for Dawn of the dead ultimate edition. Close second: Suspiria limited edition.