Anchor Bay Extravaganza Contest

Discussion in 'Site News' started by rhett, Oct 26, 2008.

1. Anaestheus

Anaestheus Well-Known Member

My favorite Anchor Bay is whichever version of Evil Dead has "Within the Woods" on it.

Second to that would be the Bava Boxes. Excellent films with some of the best commentaries I've ever heard.

2. Shock Waves

Shock Waves New Member

I really couldn't do without my AB release of Shock/Possession. What a great, bizarre pairing.

3. DeathDealer

DeathDealer I Inhale Horror

:hum: I don't think that exists.

4. ZoSo

ZoSo The Fucking King

[​IMG]

Maniac Limited Edition Tin. First of all, because I love the movie. Secondly, it has that awesome soundtrack CD shaped like Spinell's head!

Attached Files:

5. anthony1138

anthony1138 New Member

Dawn of the Dead - Ultimate Edition

6. Anaestheus

Anaestheus Well-Known Member

;)

7. boycrieswolf

boycrieswolf Guest

tough call this one...but I have to say my all time favorite Anchor Bay dvd is the Suspiria LE 3 disc set. I happened to luck out and find this in a second hand music store while on vacation for 10 bucks!!! I didn't even realize at the time that it was out of print. A truly classy set with lobby card reproductions, detailed liner notes, and a companion cd soundtrack to boot...my favorite AB dvd for one of my favorite movies...will be spinning this again on the 31st!!!

8. 17thJuggalo

17thJuggalo Active Member

I have to go with the Dawn of the Dead Ultimate Edition as well. It's the final word on that movie, and it covers every possible cut in great depth. Not to mention that it's one of my favorite movies of all time!

9. xdiggler

xdiggler Member

I would also have to say that the Dawn Of The Dead ultimate edition is my favorite Anchor Bay release. Although the 25th anniversary edition of Halloween (DiviMax)edition is up there too. Awesome documentary!!

10. Rocker416

Rocker416 Member

Dawn of the Dead UE is my fav, too. The Limited 2 disc Halloween and Maniac discs are right there as well!

11. Nightbreed

Nightbreed New Member

My favorite release would have to be my Special Edition The Beyond Tin. got me into Italian Horror

12. shape22

shape22 Well-Known Member

Dawn of the Dead Ultimate Edition is my favorite. If it's not part of that package, you don't need it. AB is justifiably associated with double and triple (or worse) dip releases. But I can't see them ever revisiting that one.

13. Clayton

Clayton New Member

Dawn of the Dead: Ultimate Edition for sure...that's Anchor Bay's tour de force treatment for such an exceptional, influential film.

14. uradouche

uradouche New Member

oh my gawd - too tough!!! For all those who have given Anchor Bay shit - FUCK YOU!!!! They have been stalwarts and have even survived a buy out to keep bringing quality releases. A little bit much on the re-releasing front, though.

I'd have to say The Evil Dead book of the dead release. I remember being so excited when I heard about that release. Plus, I have a few film cells stored in the case (as well as from the Beyond in my tin release) from when I got those films from Michael Felcher and Sage Stallone from Anchor Bay and Grindhouse releasing respectivley to do a midnight theater showing in my local theater. One of the greates experiences of my life, and I'll always remember it when I check out my Book of the Dead!

15. Spit

Spit Active Member

I gotta go with the majority on this one and say the Suspiria box set. A sharp looking box set, beautiful transfer, great interviews and I dig the soundtrack disk they added. Hell, the soundtrack probably gets more play then the movie for me.

16. neversummer

neversummer New Member

The UK Phantasm Sphere is my favourite Anchor Bay DVD(s). You can really poke your eye out with the sphere's blades if your not careful.

17. Darga

Darga Narcissistic Personality

Wow, to pick the one favorite is pretty tough but I guess I would have to go with Dawn of the Dead: Ultimate Edition. There are so many other greats though: Suspiria 3-disc, Cemetery Man, Let Sleeping Corpses Lie tin, The Beyond tin, Evil Dead Book of the Dead, etc., etc.

18. benricci

benricci Guest

Suspiria 3 disc edition, hands down!

19. X-human

X-human I ate my keys

Suspiria 3-disc set. It blew my mind.

Dawn of the Dead Ultimate is also great, but Suspiria came first and at a time when nobody in their right mind would expect more than a trailer as an extra.

20. thrashard76

thrashard76 Guest

I would have to say The Beyond Tin since it was the first ever AB DVD I ever bought. It was a really cool looking tin with the movie itself (a blind buy for me) looking truly amazing and a plethora of extras including a taste from the band Necrophagia.