Anchor Bay to release Cemetery Man and others!

Discussion in 'General' started by y2doublet, Oct 1, 2004.

1. Crystal Plumage

Crystal Plumage Dig me..but don't bury me

I like this one better:

[​IMG]

2. DeathDealer

DeathDealer I Inhale Horror

WORST.COVER.EVER.

From Anchor Bay, it's quite sad to how low and bad they are getting.

I almost feel ashamed to be buying a shitty cover like this.

So Sad...:cry: :cry: :cry:

3. VenicuS

VenicuS Guest

The cover does indeed suck, but I've waited so long to get Cemetery Man on DVD, I'll forgo the cover suckitude and pick it up. I hopeIhopeIhope I hope it's not cut. I remember wistfully actually seeing it in a theatre with a buddy. 'course we were literlally the only people there, but it was still cool. Anna Falchi's boobs on a big screen... Woof.

4. walkingdude

walkingdude Megatron

Oh please.It's the same damn cover as the video.It ain't that bad hoss!
    Honestly these dramatics make me sick.It's not like you plan on staring at the cover art for an hour.Who really gives a fuck?You watch it,it goes on the shelf.

Last edited: Apr 8, 2006
  5. KR~!

KR~! The Apocalyptic Kid

oh my god, would anyone whose never heard of this film ever in a million years pick up that DVD based on that ultra boring cover?

I thought the whole point of DVD covers is to sell and promote the DVDs, or am I crazy?

yeah, way to put zero effort into your releases AB.
    Is it barebones too?:rolleyes:

VHS cover: http://ec1.images-amazon.com/images/P/6304178360.01._SCLZZZZZZZ_.jpg

6. bigdaddyhorse

bigdaddyhorse Detroit Hi-on

Not that I like that artwork, but it IS the original poster as far as I can tell.
    I would prefer the one Crystal Plumage linked too (do the right click/properties or go to imdb if you can't see it like I couldn't), but there is no killer poster for this flick.
    Bets I've seen is the "Red Edition" dvd cover, but that's just some evil shit photoshopped together.:evil: Don't even try to say there wouldn't be a massive bitchfest had AB done their own PS job.:rolleyes:
    Best they could've done is gone to some of the old Dylan Dog comic covers.

Last edited: Apr 7, 2006
  7. Crystal Plumage

This is the one I watched on VHS:

[​IMG]

Here's an Italian poster on which the Italian DVD cover was based:

[​IMG]

Medusa's cover:

[​IMG]

All better IMO.They have more class and don't make it look like some cheap horrorcomedy.
    Here's my favorite again for those who got the X :

[​IMG]

All things considered I think the best representation of the movie has to be the Italian poster.

8. I could give a DAMN if they had a pic of Rupert Everett's BALLZ on the cover! Its an official R1 release of Cemetary Man & I'll be buying!

Then...my horror collection will at last be complete.....Bwaaaaah Haaaa Haaaaa Haaaaaaaaaaa!!!

9. KillerCannabis

KillerCannabis Slow, Deep & Hard

Cover sucks but I won't complain since we're getting a 16x9 transfer AND 5.1 sound. I would have liked to see this as part of their useless Divimax series complete with a 2nd disc of bonus material, but I'll take what I'm given.

10. Guyver99

Guyver99 Member

We're finally getting it on DVD and you guys are concerned about the cover? I honestly didn't think it would get released in R1 at all. It's the same as the VHS cover. AB didn't put too much thought into it, but at least it's being released with a new anamorphic transfer and they didn't just photoshop some crappy stills from the movie.

11. Crystal Plumage

Yeah,it will probably be just as good as Trauma and The Cardplayer.

12. dwatts

dwatts Active Member

Of course the cover matters. This film has not been difficult to get on DVD. It might have taken a while to get to R1, but many people are region free, and this could be picked up whenever you wanted it - I've had it for more than a year.

So when an R1 is announced it's compare and contrast time, and we hope for the best. Extras should be good here, but the cover sucks. (I have the german release, and the cover on mine isn't any better).

13. David J.

David J. Guest

You guys are right. The film will now be practically unwatchable because of the cover art - damn you, Anchor Bay! Normally, I like to watch the movie and stare at the cover for a few hours, so this just isn't going to work for me now.

I was personally kind of hoping for a picture of Gnaghi in garters and high heels on the cover, but like Anchor Bay really cares about what I want anyway. Instead they put a man standing in a cemetary for a film called "Cemetary Man." Idiots.

14. maybrick

maybrick Well-Known Member

Well, I for one like AB's cover better than the others, even the original theatrical poster. It's a man standing in a cemetery. How does that make it look like a cheap horror comedy?

15. Katatonia

Katatonia Hellbound Heart

I really don't mind the cover, it looks virtually the same as my ancient VHS which I've become used to over the years. Truthfully, I never really liked the look of any of the DVD import covers either. We're lucky that it's not just some new cheap CGI cover that AB made.

16. hell ya!

hell ya! ~Go ahead, make my day~

The cover art is great (better than any of the others posted), I can't wait to pick this one up. :banana:

17. dwatts

dwatts Active Member

See, that theatrical art is pretty damn good, why not use that.

[sarcasm on]
    I suppose for some people they'd be happy if DVD's shipped in a brown envelope - covers don't matter at all, and we hardly use them, so why worry? Instead, let's make a big deal about an easy to find movie coming out in another region. Woo hoo!

[sarcasm off]

Of course people will be watching the movie, but it's not like we've never talked about covers on here. David J - if it offends you when people complain about cover art, I'd stay away from the search feature. ;)

18. RyanPC

RyanPC Guest

That would kick so much ass! :lol:

I don't mind the cover, actually. I agree that the Medusa disc cover art is better (don't much care for either of the posters), but eh, it's the same as the VHS cover so why complain? :)

I guess I just fail to see why most people are acting like this movie is so rare... I see it all the time in video stores on VHS.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 8, 2006
  19. Guyver99

Guyver99 Member

VH-what?!

:fire: VHS

20. Crystal Plumage