Anchor Bay's Ultimate Editions...any more planned?

Discussion in 'General' started by rxfiend, Mar 24, 2008.

1. rxfiend

rxfiend Joe Six-Pack

Finally got around to picking up the Evil Dead Ultimate Edition and really liked the overall package. While not as extensive as the Dawn UE set, it was still worth purchasing. Anyone know if Anchor Bay will give the Ultimate treatment to any other films? With the 30th anniversary of Halloween coming (and the fact Don May, Jr found a shit load of unused footage for the film), I definitely seeing AB giving that film the UE treatment. If so, they should include a new transfer of the extended version.

2. Horrorphilly

Horrorphilly Active Member

I second the notion of rereleasing the extended cut of Halloween.I would love to add that to my collection.

Sean

3. JW77

JW77 Support Halliburton

Can't really see Anchor Bay passing up an opportunity to release another version of Halloween. It's been several years since the last one.

1997 - the first, absolute shit release by Anchor Bay
    1999 - the second, THX edition
    1999 - same THX edition as a 2 disc limited edition w/TV cut
    2001 - 1999 TV cut (same as second disc in 1999 limited ed)
    2003 - third DIVIMAX edition (w/ Criterion commentary)
    2007 - repackaging of 1999 disc to cash in on the Rob Zombie remake

Yeah... I'd say we're due for yet another Halloween DVD from Anchor Bay. Since it looks like the future is Blu, they'll probably put out an expensive "Ultimate Edition" DVD like the recent Evil Dead 3 disc or the Dawn of the Dead 4 disc. Gotta squeeze a little more money out of standard DVD before they start releasing this stuff on Blu.

4. The Chaostar

The Chaostar Johnny Hallyday forever

I really hope Carpenter is getting some good money for each re-release. It seems that someone's buying them though...

5. wago70

wago70 Surviving on nostalgia

San Francisco - down by them two ol' sheds
    I'm up for an uber-HALLOWEEN release with the May-found footage!

6. fceurich39

fceurich39 Well-Known Member

i wonder when the 30th anniversary dvd will be announced and also i would like to see amchor bay release a 40th anniversary dvd release of night of the living dead without the stupid music change and additional scenes

7. 808man

808man New Member

a few years ago talking to Tom from anchor bay at the horrorfind con in MD. they wer talking about the evil dead delux ed. "the cabin set" a small scale rep of the cabin w/ all the films + extras. so the final has yet to be seen, dont give up. plus ther was spoz to be more stuff about the ladies of the ED to be released. also i know ther we more than a handful of cast readings at some of the cons that didnt make it onto the newest release. i send my footage in, but it didnt make it? so maybe the next time it will. a guy from rue-morgue mag also filmed the cast reading at MD a few years ago. both of our footage was real nice and no reason why it shouldnt have made it onto the newest release. so MAYBE(?) ther will be one more HUGE package release soon??? 808man