Angst Blu-ray

Discussion in 'High Definition' started by sinister, Oct 28, 2015.

1. sinister

sinister Active Member

This was the #1 movie I wished was released on Blu-ray (or even DVD) with English subs and yet I somehow overlooked that it was released last month in the US by Cult Epics! :)

Looks like a nice new transfer and even has the rarely seen additional intro included.

Trailer here:

Note the trailer gives away a lot of the movie.

Katatonia likes this.
  2. Katatonia

Katatonia Hellbound Heart

I watched the Blu-ray the other week. It's a freaky movie, and the unique way many of the sequences were filmed is almost like no other film out there. There's not really much to the plot, which is based off a true story, but it's definitely memorable. It's not really as extreme today as it was at the time it was filmed/released, but still holds up quite well. Erwin Leder really nailed the part, and steals the show just like he did previously in Das Boot.

I'm still wondering why the director hates the intro of the movie and never wanted the film released with it again... perhaps because it gives too much of a back story? But leaving it off certainly makes the film too short, so it's great that Cult Epics included it. The included booklet with the Blu-ray is especially nice, good thick paper stock and a lot of information within its pages.