Anime: Berserk, Hellsing and Vampire Hunter D

Discussion in 'Asian Horror and Other Pleasures' started by thrashard76, Jan 28, 2003.

1. Erg0n

Erg0n My Baby Picture

In a House that's Up My Butt In A Cellar, Canada
    You guys got anyother anime e-stores? The one paff gave was really good, but i wonder if there's more.

2. Paff

Paff Super Moderator

I've also bought a few discs from Planet Anime. Not sure if their web address has been fixed yet. It's supposed to be http://www.planetanime.com, but due to tecnical issues they had to move to http://www.planetanime.net

I got the Blue Seed box set for $35 from them on a pre-order. I also just got the Hand Maid May empty box with CD-ROM and figurine for $19.
    Their sales are not as often or as massive as The Right Stuf, but they do have online coupons and such, so they're always worth a look.

3. Erg0n

Erg0n My Baby Picture

BERSERK 5:REQUITED DESIRE is suppose to come out Mar 25,2003 according to cnl.com

thanks for the site paff, seems to have as much selection as The Right Stuff.

4. onebyone

onebyone Guest

All of your recommendations are great, especially these two. Cowboy Bebob is a hoot. I love it. And Perfect Blue is one of my favorite anime movies ever.

5. Erg0n

Erg0n My Baby Picture

you guy ever heard of Ronin Warriors? Something like the Power Rangers but with a voltron feel. Pretty good, they got 10 volumes out on DVD by BANDAI I think. It was a mini-series if i remember correctly

6. robman795

robman795 Guest

After hearing so many good things about Berserk I orderd Berserk: War Cry and Berserk 2: Immortal Soldier from DVD Empire. I should be recieving them today actually. Nothing like watching snow pile up and some bloody anime at the same time. :banana:

7. Paff

Paff Super Moderator

I haven't seen them either. Rahxephon looks like a Mecha series (giant robots). If you want to watch Mecha, might as well start with the best: Neon Genesis Evangelion.

You really should give Boogiepop Phantom a go. I started watching it this weekend, and it's pretty creepy. My local used DVD store, Ross' Exchange (http://www.rossexchange.com) has a copy of the Boogiepop box-set for $50. Not as good as last week's Right Stuf sale of $39, but still a great price for a complete (and LICENSED) series.

8. robman795

robman795 Guest

I watched the first 5 episodes of Berserk and damn were they good. Can anyone recomend any other anime's that have the same kind of animation?

9. thrashard76

thrashard76 Guest

**Update**

[​IMG] - Berserk 5: Requited Desire - (Released: 3/5)
    Griffith stands at the peak of victory. The remaining opposition attempts one final act of treachery, and for that they will burn. Guts fights as Griffith's right hand till the very end, and now that the status of the Hawks has reached its peak, he has decided to take his leave and find a new path. But, to call his sword his own, there stands one obstacle in his path: the promise he made when he lost that fateful duel three years before. As the band of the hawk watches, guts and Griffith draw their swords once more. As Caska looks on, the dream of her past and the dream her present face each other.

Also, Berserk 6: God Hand - (Released: 4/15)
    When Guts first joined Griffith and the Band of the Hawk, the wheels of fate were set in motion. Since that time, Guts has learned the lessons of the battlefield and embraced his own path. Griffith has tasted ultimate victory and ultimate defeat. Caska has cast away her dead dreams and found new ones. Now all of the pawns are in place, and the Great Eclipse draws near. The terrible truth behind Griffith's destiny is revealed as the sun turns to sackcloth and the seas to blood.

Finally, Hellsing: Complete Collection Box (4 Disc) - (Released: 4/8)
    Includes:
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Hellsing 1: Impure Souls
    A secret war brews in the night - a war where humanity is only a pawn. The Hellsing Organization deploys in the shadows to protect the mortal world. But now, artificially spawned vampires have appeared, forcing Hellsing to call in their ultimate weapon - the rogue vampire, Arucard! After he transforms the dying Seras Victoria into a vampire, they join forces to combat the undead army, as well as her own newfound hunger!

Hellsing 2: Blood Brothers
    Arucard and the Hellsing Organization face a twofold challenge! A traitor within begins leaking classified information about the organization -- and a TV journalist is out to expose Hellsing's secret mission! Then, the ruthless Valentine Brothers lead their undead army on a deadly raid against the Hellsing headquarters, interrupting the secret Round Table meeting….

Hellsing 3: Search & Destroy
    The Hellsing Organization's war against the undead intensifies! The organization suffers major losses in battle and Arucard must confront the deadly Pladin Alexander from Iscariot again! Then the stakes are raised as he prepares to face one of the original undead - and Integra fights for her life against her own sister?!

Hellsing 4: Eternal Damnation
    The Hellsing Organization makes its last stand against the unknown traitor, and Incognito, one of the original undead, at the Tower of London - with the Queen and Integra's life at stake! Seras must finally make her choice about what she has become and the mysterious bond between Arucard and Integra is revealed...

10. zbinks

zbinks Beset by Creatures of the Deep

https://www.facebook.com/dvdnewsflash/posts/834570803276052

Discotek Media had previously announced their plans for an upcoming release of the sequel, Vampire Hunter D: Bloodlust.

https://www.facebook.com/1471680553...168055312297/1025494617479632/?type=1&theater

11. Katatonia

Katatonia Hellbound Heart

^^ Should look awesome in HD. Blu-ray.com had a news story that announced it last week, but had no detailed info yet.

Both films are pretty much my all-time Anime favorites, so they're definite buys for me! :)

12. zbinks

zbinks Beset by Creatures of the Deep