Annabelle: Creation (2017)

Discussion in 'General' started by Workshed, Sep 16, 2016.

1. Buechlers_beard

Buechlers_beard Active Member

I loved both Conjuring movies, but the first Annabelle was awful and I'd heard such good things about the sequel I was really looking forward to it. I should've skipped it. Wow. Cheesy, generic pap.

When the demon shouted in responce to a question of what do you want, and replied "Your soul", I almost pissed muyself. So corny!! LMAO.

The ending was cool, but it was all too little, too late unfortunately.

If you didn't love the first movie, skip the sequel. This isn't a case of Ouija where they topped the original with a cool sequel, this was just as bad as the first one. A shame, becsuse I had high hopes.

2. Zombie Dude

Zombie Dude Well-Known Member

I'm looking forward to revisiting this myslef.

othervoice1 likes this.
  3. Steel76

Steel76 Well-Known Member

What?! :eek:
    The sequel DESTROYS the original in every way, and feels like it belongs to the Conjuring universe, compared to the terrible original, that just felt like a cheap and rushed cash in.

4. Steel76

Steel76 Well-Known Member

Gave it another watch, after I saw the sequel, but I gave up after 30 minutes.
    The end of the sequel flows very well into the opening of the original, but that's the only good part of the first one.

Edit: Wait a minute. Did you mean revisiting the sequel?
    I thought you meant the original :D

Last edited: Oct 28, 2017
    Zombie Dude likes this.
  5. I actually preferred the first one. Neither are very special but reports of this being "much better"....I'm sorry but I don't agree.

6. Zombie Dude

Haha, yeah I was talking about the sequel. I do also plan on revisiting the first one too though :D

Steel76 likes this.
  7. othervoice1

othervoice1 Well-Known Member

The first one wasn't the best - kinda boring really - but I didn't hate it - I found it watchable. The 2nd one was definitely an improvement- not great but good and one I look forward to seeing again. I think some may have gone into the sequel with too high of expectations after a lot of positive feedback- it is a good movie but again not one I put in the "great" category.

Steel76 likes this.
  8. Zombie Dude

I did go into the sequel with low expectations so that probably helped. I found it quite frightening though and would say it's one of the scariest movies I've seen. It was just great at building tension with atmosphere and sound and I found the jump scares to be quite effective. Definite thrill ride for me. I also liked how it felt more at home in the Conjuring universe than the first film did.

othervoice1, buck135 and Steel76 like this.