Announcing The MVD Rewind Collection starting 2018!!!

Discussion in 'High Definition' started by Nailwraps, Sep 18, 2017.

1. Nailwraps

Nailwraps Well-Known Member

The bad news is that the Universal logo won't be in this release according to MVD on Facebook because "it's a legal thing" (they would, but they can't). :(

Seriously asking, how much would it cost to have this logo in the film?

And just to let you know, Universal lost the rights to Lionheart and went back to Imperial Entertainment. So if you're wondering if this means MVD has a deal with Universal, it doesn't.

Last edited: Feb 15, 2018
  2. satans-sadists

satans-sadists Ghost

3. satans-sadists

satans-sadists Ghost

4. X-human

X-human I ate my keys

[​IMG]
    Up for pre-order: https://www.diabolikdvd.com/product/puppet-master-retro-vhs-package-dvd-blu-ray-combo/

I just noticed that MVD's original Facebook post had said "UNCUT" so it'll be interesting if it is. So far the descriptions haven't confirm that.

Original Facebook photo from December:
    [​IMG]

fceurich39 likes this.
  5. CPT HOOK

CPT HOOK Well-Known Member

Bram Stoker's Shadowbuilder (1998) coming 8/28

[​IMG]

Angelman likes this.
  6. CPT HOOK

CPT HOOK Well-Known Member

Coney Island was supposed to street yesterday, but appears to be pushed to May 8th

Swamp Thing is set for the following week, May 15th.

7. Nailwraps

Last edited: Apr 27, 2018
  8. Grim

Grim Well-Known Member

Was the previous blu-ray from Full Moon not uncut?

9. Nailwraps

No, it was the R-Rated cut.

Anyone though who did get the VHS Box edition, is the DVD/Blu uncut or is it the same as before (or more specifically, just the same original discs).

10. fceurich39

fceurich39 Well-Known Member

Seen it though I didn't buy it.I have a feeling it may just be old discs

11. baggio

baggio Well-Known Member

Dam. MVD Rewind really releasing some interesting stuff. Only thing, I wish there product was cheaper. Maybe with more releases, prices will come down across their entire catalog.

12. zbinks

zbinks Beset by Creatures of the Deep

I wish they wouldn't use Oliver Krekel's DigiDreams / Platinum Cult / Classic Cult transfers, but I'm almost certain they'll do just that for their upcoming Lionheart and Nemesis releases as they did with Black Eagle.

Katatonia likes this.
  13. Katatonia

Katatonia Hellbound Heart

Yeah, they almost surely will use them. There might be a slim chance they somehow won't...but I highly doubt they'll go about striking new transfers of their own.

Oliver Krekel DNR restorations are crap, period.

14. satans-sadists

satans-sadists Ghost

Welcome! MVD is adding two new labels / brands for collectors to release your favorite titles on Blu-ray and DVD… The “MVD Marquee Collection” and “MVD Classics”. You are probably asking yourself, “Why two new brands? Why not just one?”

Well, like the MVD Rewind Collection each of our brands will have a different “personality”. With “Rewind” its “classics and more from the video store”, but what we are creating here is something a little different… a little simpler and (in most cases) a little less expensive.

The MVD MARQUEE COLLECTION will feature a mixture of major and independent studio product for Blu-ray and DVD. Titles in “Marquee” might be a little too new to be considered “cult” but old enough to be “catalog”. Some of these are titles that will be new to Blu-ray and some will be re-releases of titles that have gone out of print and we’re bringing back.

MVD CLASSICS will be titles that kinda fall in between the MVD Rewind Collection and the MVD Marquee Collection. They might be a little too “obscure” for those labels and some releases might be DVD only (if it’s a title that doesn’t exist in HD or was shot in SD). We needed home for what we consider to be “other” titles and this is it.

Now… a couple things you collectors should know…

1) One of our goals here with these two new labels is to keep the prices down. In order to do that it means using existing transfers (see #2) and, if they were previously available on DVD, existing extras. For both of these labels, some of these titles may have been released on DVD in the past with bonus material and then released later on a movie-only Blu-ray and the damn studio didn’t include the previously available bonus material. We aim to correct that by marrying the previously available bonus material with our Blu-rays so you can finally get rid of those old DVDs. In some cases there won’t be any bonus material. Shooting interviews and documentaries drive the costs up and our goal here is to bring you the movies and make them as affordable as possible. But if there was bonus features available in the past, we’ll do our best to include them here, all on the same disc.

2) Transfers. Please don’t yell at us about new transfers. With these new labels / brands we’re going to use what’s given to us (remember… we want to keep the costs down). In many cases some of these titles will have been previously released on Blu-ray early on with a half decent transfer BUT using the MPEG-2 codec. If we are provided the same transfer / master as before we’ll be using the H.264/AVC codec and in many cases a BD-50 to give the transfer as much breathing room as possible. IF we do a new transfer we’ll let you know. It might affect the price a little, but we’ll make sure you are aware!

3) Price. Depending on the title, we want to almost always do our best to keep the suggested retail price (SRP) below $30.00. I’d say expect the average SRP to be between $24.95 - $29.95 (with the occasional $19.95 SRP). If we get into 2 or 3 discs, the cost might be above but for the most part we want to keep the prices as low as possible.

4) SLIPCOVERS! Like the MVD Rewind Collection THE FIRST PRESSING ONLY will have slipcovers. After that sells out, no more slips. If you want a slip, my recommendation is to pre-order. Anything past street date is not guaranteed to have a slip.

5) Neither collection will be “numbered” so for those of you with OCD, you can rest easy.

6) Finally… The same guy that oversees the MVD Rewind Collection (Eric… me!) also oversees these two brands. I’m a diehard collector so you can rest assured I’m picking titles that not only I want to own on Blu-ray, but you as well. I’m good at this shit and love doing this.

SO that’s my story. I hope you like the titles and like and share our page. Stay tuned. I have lost of announcements coming!

Nailwraps likes this.
  15. satans-sadists

satans-sadists Ghost

Coming to Blu-ray August 28, 2018 for the FIRST TIME IN NORTH AMERICA from the MVD MARQUEE COLLECTION...

Albert Pyun's "Crazy Six"

EUROPE’S MOST WANTED MEN
    The Eastern Bloc has fallen and Communism is dead. In its place has come new opportunity – but not without a deadly price. Powerful Mafia families have emerged from the anarchy to vie for control of the lucrative underground weapons and technology trade. Crazy Six (Rob Lowe, The West Wing) and Dirty Mao (Mario Van Peebles, New Jack City) are the leaders of two rivaling mob families, who agree to form an uneasy alliance in order to overthrow Raul (Ice-T, Law and Order: SVU), the head of one of the largest crime cartels in Europe. But when the mission goes awry, the place turns into a deadly battleground with three world class gangsters fighting each other to death.

From Executive Producer Tom Karnowski (Star Wars: The Last Jedi) and legendary cult movie director Albert Pyun (Cyborg), CRAZY SIX also stars Academy Award Nominee Burt Reynolds (Boogie Nights, Smokey and the Bandit), Ivana Milicevic (Just Like Heaven, What’s Your Number) and Thom Matthews (Return of the Living Dead, Jason Lives: Friday the 13th Part VI) in the movie that proves the sixth one in the family is just a little bit crazy!

$24.95 SRP, Region Free

https://www.facebook.com/MVDMarquee...4438474242690/164454357574435/?type=3&theater

16. satans-sadists

satans-sadists Ghost

Coming to Blu-ray August 28, 2018 for the FIRST TIME IN NORTH AMERICA from the MVD MARQUEE COLLECTION...

Albert Pyun's "Blast"

AN AMERICAN OLYMPIC TEAM IS TAKEN… AND TIME IS RUNNING OUT

The world’s finest athletes have once again gathered for the summer games. Security is airtight as world leaders set aside global conflicts in order to celebrate the purity of sports.
    Just before the competition begins, a deadly team of terrorists mounts a precision attack on the swimming complex, holds the Womens’ swimming team hostage and unknowingly traps a janitor (Linden Ashby, Resident Evil: Extinction), within the sprawling compound. The terrorists wire each competition venue with deadly fission explosives and the uplink to a global satellite to announce their plans to a stunned international audience.
    Totally unprepared for an assault of this magnitude, a desperate President and the F.B.I. enlists the brilliant Interpol counter-terrorism expert “Leo” (Rutger Hauer), who coordinates his efforts with the trapped janitor to contain this volatile situation.

From Executive Producer Tom Karnowski (Star Wars: The Last Jedi) and legendary cult movie writer / director Albert Pyun (Cyborg), BLAST features an all-star cast that also includes Andrew Divoff (Wishmaster), Tim Thomerson (Near Dark) and an early on-screen appearance by the beautiful Shannon Elizabeth (American Pie) in the 90’s action thriller that proves terror has no limits!

$24.95 SRP, region free.

https://www.facebook.com/MVDMarquee...4438474242690/164452804241257/?type=3&theater

17. satans-sadists

satans-sadists Ghost

Coming to Blu-ray September 2018 for the FIRST TIME IN NORTH AMERICA from MVD CLASSICS...

JESS FRANCO'S "DIAMONDS OF KILIMANDJARO".

This release will include an interview with Daniel Lesoeur as a bonus feature. This disc will also be region free.

$24.95 SRP

https://www.facebook.com/MVDMarquee...4438474242690/164452130907991/?type=3&theater

Coming to Blu-ray September 2018 for the FIRST TIME IN NORTH AMERICA from MVD CLASSICS...

JESS FRANCO'S "GOLDEN TEMPLE AMAZONS".

This release will include an interview with Daniel Lesoeur as a bonus feature.This disc will also be region free.

$24.95 SRP

https://www.facebook.com/MVDMarquee...4438474242690/164451337574737/?type=3&theater

russweiss and MorallySound like this.
  18. baggio

baggio Well-Known Member

MVD rep at Blu forum claiming they will be releasing Split Second.

19. zbinks

zbinks Beset by Creatures of the Deep

Unfortunately, Split Second is another title with a Krekel HD-master.

20. Katatonia

Katatonia Hellbound Heart

Savannah Smiles Blu-ray review: http://doblu.com/2018/05/09/savannah-smiles-blu-ray-review/

It's beginning to look like these MVD Rewind titles are going to be plagued by crappy transfers, especially if they're just going to be using the dreaded Krekel masters with a lot of the upcoming titles.