Antropophagus

Discussion in 'Euro Horror' started by DefJeff, Oct 20, 2002.

1. DefJeff

DefJeff Franca Stoppi's #1 fan

wow, i cannot believe this isnt on DVD uncut here in the US yet

isnt this considered one of the classics!?

has anyone heard any info on someone releasing this, or its sequal? does anyone know who owns the rights to it?

2. zombi3

zombi3 Pure Evil

I remember reading on this board a while ago that Shriek Show "would not rest" until they obtained Anthropophagus. I would like to see Anthro 1 and 2 on dvd, but I don't know if or when that'll happen.

3. betterdan

betterdan Guest

I have an uncut greek subtitled vhs of this in widescreen. I really want this on dvd too.

4. DefJeff

i hope SS is able to get this one out

5. NickyDoyle

NickyDoyle Guest

I never saw what was so good about either of the Anthro films. The first one, granted, I saw cut, but even with the infamous fetus and gut-eating scenes I doubt my opinion of the movie will change. Thought the second one was better, but D' Amato should've focused more on Mikostenopolis and the priest rather than to cripple and her bratty brother. The bandsaw death was cool, though.

Is it me, or did George Eastman look less like a zombie in Monster Hunter than he did in Anthro, considering he was (sorry to use a double negative) not undead in the first.

6. McBride_01

McBride_01 Guest

I prefer D'Amato's BEYOND THE DARKNESS personally. I think I even liked TRAP THEM AND KILL THEM better than this one. ANTHROPOPHAGUS had some good gore scenes, but it was very boring in bits. Still, it would be nice to have an uncut DVD of this one.

7. mcchrist

mcchrist A new breed of pervert!

Anthropophagous sucks. I hate D'Amato, he only did one good movie (Beyond the Darkness) the rest were crap. I remember i few years ago I would defend this movie, eurohorror for eurohorror's sake. But honestly, I never liked it. I prefer Schnaas' remake.

8. KillerCannabis

KillerCannabis Slow, Deep & Hard

I've wanted to see Anthropophagus for a long time now. I've heard a ton about it but never got around to seeing it yet. Isnt this out on R1 as The Grim Reaper? Should that disc be avoided?

9. DefJeff

i think The Grim Reaper is cut to shreads

10. NickyDoyle

NickyDoyle Guest

Yeah, the Grim Reaper R1 is a waste of money: its horribly cut (yup, its censored), got shitty picture quality and sound with no extras (not even chapter stops!) And it's about 20$! Even though I never cared for this movie, it DOES deserve a better release.

11. Yeah... Strictly speaking, they aren't really sequels to each other in the sense that they continue the same story. Eastman is just playing a very similar killer character.
    And, yes, unrated is the ONLY way to see this film... It makes or breaks this film, absolutely.

12. Yowie

Yowie Hologram

Not a great movie, but I like those Greek locations. The desolate town looks very spooky, and Mia's sister was a babe in those days, me thinks.

13. Darga

Darga Narcissistic Personality

I recently got the German DVD (R0 PAL) of 'The Grim Reaper' put out by Astro. It appears to be uncut since both of the infamous gore scenes are present. The quality is quite horrendous though, so I really wouldn't recommend it. The picture is often practically unwatchable where everything looks very strange and choppy like a home movie. I wondered if it had anything to do with the PAL converter in my all-region player, but my other PAL discs look fine.

Has anyone seen the Midnight Video DVD-R of Anthropophagous yet? I'm curious if it is any better than the Astro DVD.

Hopefully Shriek Show will settle this all by putting out a good uncut version

14. betterdan

betterdan Guest

You're not kidding Yowie Mia's sister is :sperm: HOT!:sperm:

15. Fredson

Fredson Guest

the german release by astro is cut! the lasper paradise (Blood Edition) release is uncut though!
    Fredson

16. d-udo

d-udo Member

not Greece

In Fact the Movie was shot in the City of Sperlonga , a place on the Latin Coast, Italy

Try www.google.com.
    type "Sperlonga" in the Searchfield and click on Pictures.
    So you see most of the locations of "Antropophagus"

Greets
    Udo

17. legnadibrom

legnadibrom Guest

poop

yeah id like to see the uncut version as all i have is the DVD limited "grim reaper" disc

18. slinker

slinker Un-Holy Force.

I need this title, its gotta be obtainable somehow! come on SS make me proud :D

19. RyanPC

RyanPC Guest

I have not seen the uncut version, but I do have the cut Grim Reaper DVD. I do like this version of the film, and I feel it has a very spooky atmosphere without the gore. But don't get me wrong, I am DYING to see the uncut version. I sure hope SS takes advantage of this and releases all of the movies uncut! :D

I haven't seen the sequel nor the remake, but am also DYING to see these. What do some of you guys think of them?

20. betterdan

betterdan Guest

I bought the uncut tape on ebay along with Absurd and I really liked them. Great atmosphere. The tape dubs were really washed out and crappy looking though.