Antropophagus

Discussion in 'Euro Horror' started by DefJeff, Oct 20, 2002.

1. studio1

studio1 Member

I still have both anthropophagus and absurd, and still piss myself laughing when, during the nasty scare in the UK one of the news readers said the bit with the fetus was real.:lol: :lol:

Later S1

2. Nemesis

Nemesis Guest

haha freaky that you guys should be talking about this film now, i read a review of this a few days ago and was thinking why i had never heard any of you talk about it, or d'amato for that matter... sounds like a funky film if you find an uncut good quality version, looks like we'll have to wait for a dvd release (if it makes it)

3. slinker

slinker Un-Holy Force.

I couldnt wait any longer, i just bought the Astro version....lousy quality but i needed this movie and at least its uncut! i`ll swap it in an instant when a better version comes along. :)

4. Aceman

Aceman Guest

I have the "Midnight Video" DVD of it UNCUT. You can go to www.midnight1.com. They have very rare high quality DVD-R's.
    The quality of "the Last Shark" and "Anthropophagus" Look great!
    Also when you guys are there . Check out there section on "whats cut from your uncut DVD" It is very interesting to see what is cut from the so called uncut versions!!

5. Atmims

Atmims Guest

6. Aceman

Aceman Guest

My mistake :p
    Thanx:cool:

7. FulciZombieFan

FulciZombieFan New Member

Astro GRIM REAPER SE DVD

Hello :D

I just got the Astro Special Edition of THE GRIM REAPER

[​IMG]

My understanding is that this is the UNCUT version of the movie. After watching it I can tell you that it does have a different opening credits sequence BUT they did include the original opening credits as an extra selectable from the menu.

However, the quality of this DVD is very poor. The picture quality is just terrible and there are even a few instances where there are foreign subtitles on the screen indicating to me that at least part of this master was taken most likely from a foreign tape of some sort (probably dutch or greek). It is completely in English and widescreen but it is very grainy and often times way too dark. I once had a VHS boot of the Japanese VHS release (in Italian with Japanese subs) and the quality was MUCH better.

Also the PAL to NTSC conversion that my Cyberhome CH-500 does on this title is rather horrible. I have only ever had a few PAL DVD discs cause havic with my Cyberhome so I chock it up to poor authoring rather than blame my Cyberhome. The image is very "jumpy" and not smooth at all. I tried playing it out of the Cyberhome in PAL and using my old trustly stand alone digital video converter and this results in smooth motion but the image is not nearly as sharp and the stand alone converters have always had problems with dark scenes and the movie is SO dark most of the time that it really looked rather bad. I cannot recommend this DVD to anyone unless you can perhaps watch it on a true PAL TV and thus avoid the conversion to NTSC but even then the picture is just ugly eventhough you won't have the "jumpy" motion problem.

I haven't bought any of the MIDNIGHT VIDEO titles they have put out on DVD-R but I might have to buy this one.

Anyways ... just wanted to warn anyone that was thinking of buying this Astro "Special Edition" of THE GRIM REAPER.

As for Astro ---> :fuck: :fire: :fuck: :fire:

- John "FulciLives" Coleman

8. robman795

robman795 Guest

I was thinking about ordering from midnight1 and Im wondering do they have quick shipping?

9. zombi3

zombi3 Pure Evil

Where is that section? I'm having trouble finding it.

10. DefJeff

DefJeff Franca Stoppi's #1 fan

yo, zombi 3

check it out :)

http://www.midnight1.com/dvd.asp

and all of you Dolph fans like myself, please do yourself a favor and scroll down to the bottom and read the zombi3 blurb :lol:

11. zombi3

zombi3 Pure Evil

Thanks, Jeff. Wow, I never noticed that the Burial Ground dvd was cut! I'll have to check out my old Jap dupe and see for myself.:nervous:

12. Shannafey

Shannafey Don't Monkey With Me!

South Florida, But Far from the Hell that is Miami
    I am reviving this old thread, since I picked up a copy of The Grim Reaper for $4 at a drug store of all places, at 11 pm at night, going in for some medication. Walked out with a dvd too. Watched it tonight, and it's a cool little flick. Nothing great, but I wouldn't mind seeing an uncut version of this.

13. Andrew

Andrew Guest

I'm still waiting for some damn company to get the rights for this over here. I'm really amazed it's not even in the works yet, it better be a fucking rights issue, otherwise there is NO excuse.

14. dwatts

dwatts New Member

--i hope SS is able to get this one out--

:lol: :lol: :lol:

They can't get out the titles they've ANNOUNCED.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

15. karl1968

karl1968 Guest

i have also the german astro SE disc the picture quality is very bad but its uncut and the extras are nice

16. d-udo

d-udo Member

Hi Karl,
    Unforunately i have to say, the Astro SE DVD is CUT, it contains alle the Gore Scenes, but some other Scenes are missing (Plot)

greetings from germany
    Udo

17. Shannafey

Shannafey Don't Monkey With Me!

South Florida, But Far from the Hell that is Miami
    After really enjoying the cut version, Grim Reaper, I got a hold of an uncut bootleg tape. I was expecting so much more from the highly controversial scenes. While disturbing, they weren't as bad as I envisioned, and they are very short. All in all, this is a good film, cut or uncut.

18. Jeremy

Jeremy Closet SCREAM fan

Apparently (at least according to posters on Mobius), ANTHROPOPHAGOUS and it's sequel are now owned lock, stock and barrel by none other than MGM, who supposedly acquired the worldwide rights to both in a package deal with an Italian company that was going under.

19. zombi3

zombi3 Pure Evil

I hope that means they plan on releasing them some time soon, and don't just let them sit in a vault collecting dust. Somehow I don't see the Anthropophagus flicks being a huge priority for MGM, but you never know.:glasses:

20. evildeadfan123

evildeadfan123 Sam & Dean Winchester

I thought that Dead-Alive was totally UNCUT, which is the version I have. I also have Tombs Of The Blind Dead/Return Of The Blind Dead, from Anchor Bay, and some of the scenes from Return has been omitted. I thought that was UNCUT also. Makes me wonder if some of the other movies I have, that are supposedly UNCUT, are in fact cut in some way, just a little bit.