Any Code Red release updates?

Discussion in 'General' started by gore, Oct 18, 2007.

1. gobad2003

gobad2003 Well-Known Member

How does that affect my life:confused: As long as I get the releases I want I could care less if he's one step away from the nut farm. Like I said I've never had a problem getting his movies and I'm sorry some of you had negative experiences but I'm not going to lose any sleep over it :lol:

2. Matt89

Matt89 Well-Known Member

Uhhh...I'm not saying it affects your life. You made a claim that the people who complain about Bill are from out of the country and I'm just saying that's not true. People complain about him because he's a crazy asshole who doesn't know how to run a business. Even if he weren't lashing out at fans, his website is down half the time and titles come and go without any explanation.

~Matt

3. gobad2003

Uhhh....I could care less that he's crazy or an A-hole as long as I get my movies which I've always have from him. It seems like most of the people that complain are the ones who can't buy his movies, just saying :rolleyes:

4. Zombie Dude

Zombie Dude Well-Known Member

No, even his fans on FB talk about how mental he is. I don't understand why you'd want to support him in any way. He releases these films but also takes stabs and lashes out at the fans who enjoy them and are supporting him. So you're cool with that so long as you get your film?

5. gobad2003

He could be Looney Toons for all I care, How does that affect me getting my movie:confused: I don't see anyone else putting out these kind of movies on Blu so I'll continue to support him warts and all. :D

Last edited: Oct 23, 2014
  6. Zombie Dude

Zombie Dude Well-Known Member

:nervous:

7. Matt89

Matt89 Well-Known Member

Well it actually DOES affect you getting your movie because when he gets into one of his crazy fits he pulls titles from his online shop. So yeah. It DOES affect your life.

~Matt

8. The Tall Man

The Tall Man Member

Now Bill's mental health concerns are spilling over into forum wars here. Bill treats his releases like Ebola. For some reason he is trying to keep them contained.

9. elDomenechHDG

elDomenechHDG Well-Known Member

I'll have a much better view of Bill if he comes clean about why MUTILATOR never happened. Just the truth. I don't buy the no HD master/tape-only thing. I have a feeling he's just sitting on the rights for some bizarre revenge-driven reason and it's driving me crazy that this could be the real reason why this classic hasn't seen the light of day. Kind of feel the same way about FAMILY HONOR.

10. booper71

booper71 Lord of the Thighs.

I believe Mutilator, has been available on Netflix streaming, it's always on Roku.

11. highclassrob

highclassrob Member

How does it affect you? Well if you wanted a copy of Cavegirl, I do and I realize most don't care, he posted it ONCE the day it was released and then pulled it due to imaginary complaining on something or other. I have not seen it reposted since. Now I just wait for him to bitch that "Oh I have store rooms full of Cavegirl that no one wants, think I'll drop them off at goodwill" or whatever the hell he comes up with. And yes I am in the US and yes I still purchase most of his stuff. Why support him you say? He has movies I've never seen and want to see. If i had another option i'd take it.

12. Angelman

Angelman OCD Blu Ray Collector

Yes.

I love metal, and there are personalities in that genre of music that I wouldn't spend 5 seconds around, but I will buy their musical output because it's about the music, not about other stuff.

Danzig is a perfect example. Guy kicks people out of concerts for filming him, has a temper, is known to be difficult. Doesn't affect me. He has blocked the release of Misfits music from what I hear. I will still buy the rock, because it pleases my ears, you know?

13. Katatonia

Katatonia Hellbound Heart

Really? :eek1: I wasn't even aware there was any complaining regarding Cavegirl. It's a great release with the comedic documentary and video commentary. I noticed nothing wrong with the DVD at all...

Dobby likes this.
  14. elDomenechHDG

elDomenechHDG Well-Known Member

There was a photo of Daniel Roebuck posted on AVManiacs about a month before the DVD came out with captions that suggested he was thrilled there was finally a legit release of the film. I wonder how he feels about the DVD being yanked and nobody being able to buy a copy. Who's going to want to do business with a company that pulls these stunts?

15. gobad2003

Already got Cavegirl, Day one purchase for me as is most of Code Red's releases:glasses: Sorry you missed it, but I'm sure it'll be back or just e-mail him asking to purchase a copy, I'm sure he'd oblige.

16. Katatonia

Yeah, I would imagine he'd be pissed. :eek:

Daniel Roebuck is a really cool guy too... heavily into classic horror/monsters and magic/illusions. He's the one who basically put together the new Cavegirl DVD's bonus features, probably out of his own pocket.

I guess the DVD is currently near impossible to find. I'm just glad I grabbed a copy when I did.

Dobby likes this.
  17. crikan

crikan Well-Known Member

We all know what to expect from Code Red at this point. If a person is interested in a Code Red title they should buy it as soon as its first available. If they don't than they have no one to blame but themselves. I've found all of this bitching about NIGHTMARE to be especially perplexing. It's been available numerous times. If its so damn important to people that they'll bitch incessantly on facebook and message boards than why the F... haven't they bought it already?

When I buy titles from Code Red I'm not supporting Bill. I'm supporting my movie collection.

I feel like I've seen CAVEGIRL pop up numerous times. I think you are spreading misinformation.

18. Getmoredvdsout

Getmoredvdsout New Member

The way I see it, if you are investing money in a business then you run it correctly. In this case it is movies.

So release the movies as best as you can, try and be reasonable with the price and make them available to as many people as possible with good customer service.

If companies like Code Red can't do that, then give the titles to someone that can. Simple I think :confused:

19. Katatonia

Who knows. A lot of people just wait around and hope for the eventual price reduction or holiday sale, etc. But if they wait around too long just to save a few measly bucks, they often pay more in the end if it's something they really want bad enough.

I generally just buy the small studio releases straight away if I really want them, including Code Red. Smaller studio releases have a high tendency to suddenly go OOP quickly for various reasons. Big studios are another matter, they are usually always easy to get for years down the road unless it's an exclusive or strictly limited release.

Dobby likes this.
  20. highclassrob

highclassrob Member

Nope not at all. It's not there right now, hasn't been in the past.mive been looking to buy it so I keep checking.