Any Code Red release updates?

Discussion in 'General' started by gore, Oct 18, 2007.

1. gobad2003

gobad2003 Active Member

2. Mutilated Prey

Mutilated Prey Soul Stealer

This dood had a constipated look on his face for the entire second half of the movie.

[​IMG]

3. m@ggot

m@ggot Active Member

The 3-pack is available again...I could do without "The Obsessed One" ...but dare I gamble...?

4. m@ggot

m@ggot Active Member

...aaaaand after deciding to bite I got an error message...

5. Angelman

Angelman OCD Blu Ray Collector

As did I. It was in my cart and at checkout then was disappeared from my cart. I'm done with that. Too much trouble for movies I could take or leave.if they are ever available normally without all the shenanigans I might revisit, but this is too much trouble.

6. m@ggot

m@ggot Active Member

I submitted my order again and this time it went through...again, I don't know how I'm going to feel about "The Obsessed One"...but I guess if I paid full price for the other two titles that I want, it's like getting that one for about 10 bucks...or however an alcoholic rationalizes their next cocktail...

7. gobad2003

gobad2003 Active Member

You can always sell it on Ebay. People pay top dollar for anything Code Red.

8. MorallySound

MorallySound Mad Mutilator

It's not really a slow burn, just slow and pretty 'meh'... I haven't upgraded from my Night Child DVD bootleg I've had of it for ages, if that gives you any indication...

9. m@ggot

m@ggot Active Member

...nuts...i may regret jumping the gun...say what you want about Bill, but his business model has given me an itchy trigger finger...lol...:fire:...sadly, that makes me the patsy:cry:...but as gobad2003 said, there's always ebay...

10. foller

foller Active Member

I would have liked to buy the Code Red Blu of 'Night Child' but the screenshots sadly indicate that it's from the same US master with a green-grey haze over a washed out color palette as the old Code Red DVD. The Italian version looks much better to me. The screens at Beaver are from the DVD but show the difference between the colors of the two versions:

http://www.dvdbeaver.com/film2/DVDReviews34/night_child.htm

11. satans-sadists

satans-sadists Ghost

12. crikan

crikan Well-Known Member

$30 for shit like Shakma. I spend a lot of money on genre movies but Scorpion and Code Red are starting to price me out of this hobby. I'll pay $30 for a garbage genre film I already know I love, but no way in hell I'm going in blind. Especially when its been on Netflix streaming for over a year. This shit isn't sustainable.

13. gobad2003

gobad2003 Active Member

When it's #1 on Screen Archives seller list I don't think I would call it shit and that's the way the industry is going. The smaller companies have to charge a little more to survive because they only sell a handful and that's just the way it is. If you don't like it then don't support the hobby and just stream like the masses.:rolleyes:

14. baggio

baggio Well-Known Member

Screw it, I went in for Shakma. The limited edition to 3000 pushed me over. If it wasn't a limited release I would have waited. It's not a blind buy for me, but the last time I saw it was on VHS. So this would be a huge upgrade. $30 is very steep for this particular film, but I normally don't spend very much on Blu's, so caving in isn't so bad once in a while.

Plus who could resist a movie with one hell of a trailer hook. SHAKMA!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited: May 28, 2015
  15. crikan

crikan Well-Known Member

How many sales does it take to get to #1 on Screen Archives sales list? Maybe I'm naive but I'm not impressed. And I don't care how many people are buying it, SHAKMA is crap. And ya, streaming like the masses is exactly what I'll do. I see your :rolleyes: and raise you :fire::rolleyes:

16. CPT HOOK

CPT HOOK Well-Known Member

I know I said I was in for all three plus Stripped To Kill for $114, but I'm starting to reconsider. $114 is a lot for only 4 blu-rays.

I'm 100% in for Spontaneous Combustion. Will be ordering that no matter what. I think I'm in for Stripped To Kill as well.

I'm thinking I'm going to skip Retribution. I have the DVD, watched it once, thought it was just okay. Only reason I was considering buying the blu-ray is because I figured I could sell the DVD for the same price, but now I'm kind of leaning towards skipping the blu-ray altogether, and possibly selling the DVD anyway.

As for Shakma, I know I made a list a few pages ago of Code Red blu-rays I would buy if released and Shakma was on there (as well as Spontaneous Combustion), but I was thinking it'd be the standard $20 - $24.95ish. Not $30. Hell, that's more than Nightmare or Messiah Of Evil were selling for (I bought both). Same price as Fright Night, Christine, The Blob, etc. I do want it, but $30 is maybe a bit too steep for me. I know the price isn't going to budge, but I think I might settle for NetFlix.

Anyone want to weigh in, help my decision? Also, if anyone owns Scorpion's Stripped To Kill, how's the blu and is it worth the $25 upgrade?

It's #1 because nobody uses Screen Archive for anything except their Limited Exclusives. So it really only means it beat out Spontaneous Combustion and Retribution for sales. That said, I do like the film.

17. ArrowBeach

ArrowBeach Active Member

And three new Twilight Time titles came out today, and the three Code Red titles beat them as well. Surprised for STATE OF GRACE as that is a real good film.

18. gobad2003

gobad2003 Active Member

I said the same thing about the first Fright Night release and skipped it because i thought $30 was too steep and was kicking myself ever since, good thing they re-released it. If I don't like the movie I can always sell it down the road for a profit on Ebay, but I know I already like the movie.:p

19. gobad2003

gobad2003 Active Member

I guess we can agree to disagree :argue:

20. Angelman

Angelman OCD Blu Ray Collector

I have a Stripped to Kill Blu I watched once and won't watch again if interested.