Any Code Red release updates?

Discussion in 'General' started by gore, Oct 18, 2007.

1. CPT HOOK

CPT HOOK Well-Known Member

PLEASE! I have been checking Fangoria.com daily, this has been driving me crazy!

2. SynapseFilms

SynapseFilms Guest

Hehe! I have promised Fangoria the scoop on these. Managing editor Mike Gingold MAY be attending the Cinema Wasteland show this weekend and I was going to give him the details then. If he doesn't come to the show, then I will give him the info over the phone next week. You won't have to wait much longer.

3. Devo1313

Devo1313 New Member

I'll be at Wasteland. I'll be sure to ask Gingold. At least 42nd Street Pete will be there selling $5 Code Red titles. Ching!

4. MorallySound

MorallySound Mad Mutilator

I'll too be at Cinema Wasteland, making the big trek out there for the first time.

5. Body Boy

Body Boy Well-Known Member

Aww, come on. Just a hint for one of them? Hehe

6. Katatonia

Katatonia Hellbound Heart

Wow, I'm getting a bit perturbed with Code Red and their announcements now. With The Nesting and Rituals... I'm beginning to think some of the other films (i.e. Nightmare) that we've been waiting forever on to be released are faced with similar issues. :eek2:

Dobby likes this.
  7. 17thJuggalo

17thJuggalo Active Member

Code Red's history has been very very strange. They first showed up on this board (and others) and the majority of people thought they were full of crap. Turns out they weren't and they came out with some awesome films on DVD. However, communication with the company was non existent and their owner came on these boards once and awhile and bitched his target demographic out for some reason. Then there's a bunch of confusion about movie rights, vanishing movies from their website, and confusion about extras.

I know many horror fans are picky and expect alot, but the rest of us just want to enjoy movies and that's it.

8. cjg

cjg Active Member

Rituals ?

9. Stige

Stige Well-Known Member

have they released anything that wasn't extreme low budget?\ sorry I was just looking at my code red titles

10. Body Boy

Body Boy Well-Known Member

Horrowise, Beyond the Door and Weekend Murders weren't that low budget. The others were never extreme either.

11. X-human

X-human I ate my keys

We seem to get more outta Don in the Code Red thread than the Synapse threads...

Code Red are just all new to this so they may have a lot to learn about securing rights, etc. Hell even Media Blasters had a slip up with Zombi 2. I just hope they're not seeing money flying out the door with these mishaps.

12. Harry Warden

Harry Warden Well-Known Member

IMO, the responses from Code Red on this site have been somewhat defensive and rude. Don't get me wrong, I own several Code Red titles (at least a dozen, if not more) but I don't care about extra bullshit that amounts to an addtional 15-20 minutes on the disc, that delays release dates by months or not at all, and that is "packaged" by Code Red as extras. I don't know a thing about the status of Code Red securing proper rights. If they haven't secured them, then they shouldn't be releasing the titles..PERIOD!!!,and furthermore, they should't make comments that they are. Any posting by Code Red is always defensive and always full of complaints about how horror fans are too picky and only complain about long delays with films they plan on releasing. Perhaps they no longer comment here because when fans read that a title is going to be released, they expect and assume that all of the proper rights have been secured, and that the disc will come out within a reasonable amount of time, instead of having to ask about release dates several months after a title was supposed to be released. I know that I've read several postings over the past year where fans just want the film and decent transfer. The bottom line is this: I have both time and money, and I will spend it on companies that will generally meet release deadlines (within reason), and who deliver product that I wish to buy. If Code Red, or any other company for that matter, keeps delaying every title they announce, or if they don't secure whatever rights they need to release a title, they will fail, as many have before them. Have I supported Code Red in the past? You bet I have, but companies come and go. I won't be loosing sleep over their failure if this type of practice continues.

13. CodeRedDVd

CodeRedDVd Guest

I received several emails regarding your statement and just checked this thread. Thank you, Don, for letting us know you are the one who alerted the 2nd party regarding our acquisition of the motion picture THE NESTING. We licensed the film from the copyright holder, THE NESTING COMPANY, as they thought the other partner had died. We didn't know that the first partner, before his death, had sold his share to some of his films to this 2nd party. We in this business license films from many people, like yourself with the THE INCREDIBLE MELTING MAN and THE KINDRED situations, where someone you paid or signed with offered you something he no longer owns. In cases like this, all we can do is take the hit and cancel the release as neither of us are a bootleg outfit. And yes, unfortunately, RITUALS is on hold right now for the exact same type of problem. My lawyer and the U.S. licensor is currently trying to clear up the RITUALS mess with the second party and we'll see what happens. It's unfortunate things like this happen, but sometimes it is completely unforeseeable. Don, we are genuinely looking forward to all the fun films you will be releasing soon like PRANKS, Mexican films, Nikkatsu films, the 3 Hammer films, and THUNDERCRACK. It would be great if you felt the same about other DVD labels yourself. Take care.

14. SynapseFilms

SynapseFilms Guest

You are welcome! Interesting times, isn't it, being in this business? I thought you said somewhere that the hold up on RITUALS was for a Hal Holbrook interview you were waiting on, not a rights issue. That's too bad... the real rights holder is a pretty cool company. I'm sure you'll work it out with them up north.

Glad to see you back on the boards, though! I'm sure your fans would just love to hear some updates. Besides the ones you mention above, we actually have a few more surprises in store for the fans. I hope you do too!

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 9, 2010
  15. Nailwraps

Nailwraps Well-Known Member

CodeRedDvd, it's great to have you back. :)

16. dave13

dave13 Well-Known Member

hey, welcome back codereddvd! its great to know you're still alive and kicking, still working to put out more awesome obscure films! i know i really appreciate the presence of guys like you and synapsefilms here on these boards, and im sure im not alone.

17. Mutilated Prey

Mutilated Prey Soul Stealer

Good to see you're back Bill. I hope Rituals works out because I already sold my VHS :)

This is one of my favorite threads ever - such great information and discussions. Adding Don to the mix makes it that much better!

18. Katatonia

Katatonia Hellbound Heart

Thanks for the post and clearing up the rumors Bill! It's unfortunate about The Nesting, but hopefully it will one day come out. Add me as still eagerly anticipating the Rituals DVD release...once all the rights issues are finally cleared up.

Dobby likes this.
  19. SynapseFilms

SynapseFilms Guest

Thx, man. I appreciate it. I'll be around here to gladly answer questions and to talk to the fans as much as I can on HORRORDVDS.COM. Synapse prides itself on trying to be as close to our fans as possible. We welcome your questions and comments with open arms.

20. 17thJuggalo

17thJuggalo Active Member

That's why Synapse rules.