Any Code Red release updates?

Discussion in 'General' started by gore, Oct 18, 2007.

1. Erick H.

Erick H. Well-Known Member

Great news,I'm looking forward to it.Thanks for the info !

2. hotbodynick

hotbodynick New Member

Oh man! Can you imagine if Code Red were to pump out a fully loaded special edition of "The Lonely Lady"???
    lonely.jpg
    That would be THE BEST.

3. hotbodynick

hotbodynick New Member

(Insert the sound of crickets chirping here...)

Tough crowd, tough crowd.

4. Erick H.

Erick H. Well-Known Member

Guess the Pia Zadora fanatics (and garden hose enthusiasts) all went to bed.;)

5. wago70

wago70 Surviving on nostalgia

San Francisco - down by them two ol' sheds
    ...REAL lonely...

6. Nailwraps

Nailwraps Well-Known Member

Terminal Island comes to DVD 9/14!:

http://codereddvdblog.blogspot.com/

"TOM SELLECK and his MAGNUM P.I co-star ROGER MOSLEY along with PHYLLIS DAVIS stars in this drive in classic! In the wake of a Supreme Court decision to outlaw the death penalty, California passes an initiative that designates TERMINAL ISLAND as a dumping spot for first-degree murder convicts, 40 men and 4 women, free to do what they like.......except leave! The main camp of convicts is controlled by the tyrannical Bobby (Sean Kenney, STAR TREK, CORPSE GRINDER), who along with Monk (Roger Mosley) rules with an iron hand, and the women are used as sex slaves. On the other side of the island, A.J. (Don Marshall, LAND OF THE GIANTS) and a group of more free-minded murderers have escaped and gone into hiding. When A.J. and his men liberate the women (including Phyllis Davis, drive-in star of SWEET SUGAR, and Marta Kristen, LOST IN SPACE) from Bobby's custody, tensions mount to an all-out confrontation for control of the island!

Special Features

Brand New 16x9 widescreen master from UCLA/the director's archieved print

Play with inmates: audio commentary with Sean Kenney and Don Marshall modorated by Scott Spiegel and Bill Olsen.

Introduction by Mickey Zide, of Dimension Pictures

On camera interview with Sean Kenney

On camera interview with Don Marshall

Phone interview with star Phyllis Davis

MSRP 22.98"

7. Hellbilly

Hellbilly Active Member

Cool news.
    I bought a very badly censored TV version of Terminal Island from a cheapo DVD company a few years ago at the bargain bin. The whole thing was unwatchable and I actually threw the disc in the trash. Will be picking this new release up when available.

8. Body Boy

Body Boy Well-Known Member

The October 19th release date of The Redeemer is backed up by the released cover art! Gorgeous:

[​IMG]

9. Body Boy

Um, more news. The Undertaker, Joe Spinell's final film, a mortician slasher, is coming this October. Yay! You can pick what cover you like here:

Pick 'C'! Hehe

10. Shlockjock81

Shlockjock81 New Member

Where did you get that DVD art for the Redeemer? I don't see anything on their blog regarding it. In fact it looks a bit questionable to me. The tagline reads "Come to the class..." and nothing more. I'm guessing it's supposed to say "Come to the class reunion"...

Just doesn't seem right...

11. Body Boy

There's link text at the bottom...

12. delicreep

delicreep Well-Known Member

The artwork comes from dvdaf.com, as well as the release date of 10/19. News of most of Code Red's upcoming releases hit various message boards before showing up on their blog. Horror High was being discussed online for a few weeks before CR put the title on their website.

13. Shlockjock81

Shlockjock81 New Member

Hmmm interesting. I wonder if they were finally able to find a serviceable print of the film.

Not a great film, and certainly not as great as the Code Red's blog terrorists made it out to be, but I'd definitely pick it up. It had its moments.

14. MorallySound

MorallySound Mad Mutilator

Awesome! Absolutely love this film!

15. delicreep

delicreep Well-Known Member

Definitely not that great, but charming to some degree. What The Redeemer lacks in quality it makes up for by being a pretty oddball slasher. The kooky, quasi-religious theme certainly makes it more memorable than, say, the totally bland Final Exam

I'm wondering how the film will look considering how Code Red pretty much said the negative was lost. Maybe after dealing with the literally-smelly negative for Nightmare, the remaining elements for The Redeemer didn't look so hopeless.

16. Body Boy

Hey! I actually prefer Final Exam to Redeemer! Haha

17. WesReviews

WesReviews Active Member

Ah, no way! I love Final Exam, but The Redeemer has become one of my all-time faves. Though it's probably closer to being a happy accident than it is a masterfully crafted piece of cinema, it was ahead of its time in more ways than most people think. Yes, it features a masked slasher stalking people one-by-one, but you can also see shades of Saw and Seven in the movie. For instance, the bizarre use of a crudely made puppet and the whole "sins" motif for the killings. The odd, creepy atmosphere this one creates (wish such minimalistic camerawork, no less) is unmatched by most other slashers from the late 70s/early 80s.

My review of THE REDEEMER from oh-the-horror.com, for those who haven't read it.

I think this movie gets an unfair rap for being "mean-spirited", and that's a shame. If you look at most horror today in the post-Saw world, there are a LOT of movies released that are much more mean-spirited than The Redeemer.

Can't wait for this disc to hit shelves, so more horror fans can discover this gem.

18. Kim Bruun

Kim Bruun Resident Scream Queen

I feel perplexed now... I've always sworn off bootlegs of Code Red titles in the works. Well, the statement was that the negatives for The Redeemer were in such poor condition as to be unusable, so I caved in and bought one of those bootlegs I had sworn off - and I hated the movie. Man, it was awful! As much as I appreciate the efforts of Code Red, I doubt I'll be re-investing.

I am sorry to hear that Code Red has lost so much money on Nightmares, so I've been ordering some of those CR titles I hadn't gotten around to buying.

19. Nailwraps

Nailwraps Well-Known Member

20. booper71

booper71 B-Zone on Roku

The Carrier is an old favorite, unique film, wish they would add the Contagion to the mix.