Any Code Red release updates?

Discussion in 'General' started by gore, Oct 18, 2007.

1. satans-sadists

satans-sadists Ghost

SLITHIS update:

[​IMG] [​IMG]

2. Kim Bruun

Kim Bruun Resident Scream Queen

I really love Slithis! I'm just as excited about this, Screams of a Winter Night, and The Dark as I am about Opera - if not more!

satans-sadists likes this.
  3. satans-sadists

satans-sadists Ghost

I am excited about all of the titles you mentioned in addition to Cut & Run, Rituals, The Psychic, The Church, and Gates of Hell. Out of all the Code Red coming attractions, Screams of a Winter Night is my most anticipated. The Dark along with Cut & Run should be available fairly soon per the Facebook updates.

gobad2003 and Kim Bruun like this.
  4. Kim Bruun

I'm also looking forward to some of Bill's Italian titles, like Monster Shark, Seven Blood-Stained Orchids, and the cannibal titles. I'll probably end up getting most of those you mentioned as well. Rituals is coming from Scorpion, however. Hope Walt can find the time to do QC with this one, so we won't have another Humongous fiasco. Still disappointed he never addressed that.

5. russweiss

russweiss Well-Known Member

I'm still eagerly awaiting Code Red's Naschy titles.

satans-sadists and Angelman like this.
  6. satans-sadists

satans-sadists Ghost

I plan to get Monster Shark & Seven Blood-Stained Orchids as well. My bad on Rituals. The Olsen brothers have been passing some of their films back & forth between each other. Hard to keep score accurately sometimes. I too am surprised that the Humongous audio blunder was never acknowledged. Glad to have the movie, but really wish it could be fixed.

Kim Bruun and Katatonia like this.
  7. satans-sadists

satans-sadists Ghost

I am a pretty big Paul Naschy fan, how could I overlook those? Three of them, right?

Assignment Terror
    Fury of the Wolf Man
    The Mummy's Revenge

Looking forward to these along with Scream Factory's Naschy Collection Volume 2 (November) & Mondo Macabro's El Caminante (which hasn't been officially announced yet, may not be this year I am guessing).

8. Katatonia

Katatonia Hellbound Heart

I'm kind of surprised that Code Red and Scorpion haven't just merged into a single label by now. Like you said, their releases overlap so much in commonality lately.

Yeah, I don't think the Humongous audio problem is ever going to be officially commented on either.

9. foller

foller Active Member

...which is a slap in the face for all the people who have been supporting Scorpion over the years.

10. Katatonia

Agreed. A replacement is probably just never going to happen, but I would settle for an explanation of why/how it happened.

satans-sadists and Kim Bruun like this.
  11. scott71670

scott71670 Active Member

OK now that is how you do a Slithis cover!

RJ Fielder and x666x like this.
  12. Zombie Dude

Zombie Dude Well-Known Member

Man I didn't know Rituals was going to make it to blu! That's terrific news :D

13. satans-sadists

satans-sadists Ghost

14. Stige

Stige Active Member

Just out of curiosity, has anyone gotten the Butcher, Baker , Nightmare Maker bluray? Is there a huge difference compared to the dvd from CR? I love the movie ,, but the price and postage to get it kind of makes me wary of buying something for what might be a negligible difference.

15. Katatonia

Yes, the transfer is a lot better than the DVD. Nice detail and rich colors, I'd definitely say it's worth the price if you like the movie. I already sold my old DVD off, so made back a good percentage of the cost.

Zombie Dude likes this.
  16. Stige

Stige Active Member

Thanks for the info Kat

Can't sleep , my spasticity is driving me crazy so I felt the need to order something for myself
    kingdom ofthe spideres, BBNM, blue sunshine ordered:)

17. satans-sadists

satans-sadists Ghost

18. Kim Bruun

Simon, King of the Witches looks GREAT! It's also a lot of fun, though rather oddly structured. At the core of the plot is Simon's ambition to take his place among the gods, but the movie mainly follows Simon in his day-to-day activities as he makes friends, strikes up a romance, and deals with police, drug dealers, high society, landlords, and weird cultists. Thankfully, Andrew Prine is up to the challenge of making all this interesting, bringing dry wit and dramatic presence to his character. Add to that some amusing sexual magic rituals and you've got a unique, difficult to categorise, and highly recommended genre movie.

Last edited: Sep 2, 2017
    gobad2003 and satans-sadists like this.
  19. satans-sadists

satans-sadists Ghost

I bought the Code Red Blu-ray, but haven't watched it yet. Had the Dark Sky DVD for many years. Always enjoyed this film a lot. Andrew Prine had a lot of memorable roles in 70's & 80's horror in addition to this: Terror Circus, The Town That Dreaded Sundown, Amityville II: The Possession, They're Playing with Fire (borderline horror), The Evil, Grizzly, and The Centerfold Girls. A cool actor with many great credits for genre fans.

gobad2003 and Kim Bruun like this.
  20. Kim Bruun

I was just thinking the same thing today, and I count a few of those you listed among my favourites (particularly Terror Circus, which I never pass up an opportunity to praise).

Simon, King of the Witches is definitely a movie that requires you to be in the right frame of mind. It's not exactly fast-paced, often losing itself in the dynamics between Simon and the people he meets, but these character scenes are genuinely clever and fun - like when Simon moves into a basement and immediately draws a pentagram on the wall, which leads his landlord to the conclusion that Simon is a rabbi. The occult subject matter also appears to be well-researched, though the supernatural forces which Simon in turn sends after his enemies and is himself haunted by could perhaps have been conceived as something more frightening than a glowing red orb.