Any Code Red release updates?

Discussion in 'General' started by gore, Oct 18, 2007.

1. satans-sadists

satans-sadists Ghost

2. zbinks

zbinks Beset by Creatures of the Deep

I'm still not clear if Dark Force Entertainment is a separate entity, a Code Red sublabel or what. With that being said...

https://www.facebook.com/permalink.php?story_fbid=165451360743410&id=158542421434304
    https://www.facebook.com/1585424214...41828.158542421434304/165454020743144/?type=3

3. MorallySound

MorallySound Mad Mutilator

Posted by Dark Force themselves somewhere online: "Dark Force and Code Red are two separate entities. Code Red has been involved with the creation of Dark Force. Dark Force will be specializing in highly collectible cult horror and action movies primarily on Blu-Ray and some DVD."

However, they have a very similar Big Cartel site like Code Red did which also conveniently went online just after the Code Red one went offline and happen to stock a ton of Code Red titles. My guess is though that someone(s) partnered will Bill to create the "sub-label"/new label since Dark Force happens to have it's business registration/location being in Nevada which I believe is not where Code Red is located out of.

4. Zombie Dude

Zombie Dude Well-Known Member

The real question is will I actually like this if I like Halloween or is that just marketing bs?

5. CPT HOOK

CPT HOOK Well-Known Member

marketing bs

I'll be buying, and it's fun enough if you're a die-hard fan of the slasher subgenre. But I wouldn't recommend it to anyone who isn't.

Now if someone would release Fever Lake (a movie no one else in the world but me is probably interested in), I could ditch that triple feature DVD set I own.

6. Kim Bruun

Kim Bruun Resident Scream Queen

If you like cheaper, less competent knock-offs of Halloween, you might enjoy this movie. I had the DVD (budget label, terrible image and sound), watched it once, and got rid of it. I don't remember much from it, save the killer being an ugly dude.

Will I get the Blu-ray? Maybe... I'm just a sucker for obscure slashers, even if this one misses that early 80's magic. Here's the trailer:

Natas likes this.
  7. zbinks

russweiss and Kim Bruun like this.
  8. Kim Bruun

Kim Bruun Resident Scream Queen

I want Panic - Bill himself described it as an Italian rip-off of The Incredible Melting Man. Now, I love TIMM, but if your movie is an inferior version of that, you know you're in trouble. :D

I never got the German Blu-ray of Cannibal Man, so I'm curious how Bill's release measures up to that. Never seen the movie, but intrigued.

9. Natas

Natas Is it October yet?

I watched this for the first time last year. I thought it was a lot of fun. I'd definitely pick this up

10. Angelman

Angelman OCD Blu Ray Collector

Panic is bad and dull. I may get it anyway.

Kim Bruun likes this.
  11. wago70

wago70 Surviving on nostalgia

San Francisco - down by them two ol' sheds
    The Apartment on the 13th Floor - I finally saw that last year. I loved it. I had NO IDEA it was "Cannibal Man" (from Anchor Bay). It's a good flick. I'm definitely getting this one from the Code.

12. zbinks

13. scott71670

scott71670 Active Member

I have my old Anchor Bay of Cannibal Man and I will stick with that. That said, it is a film I can't recommend enough. It has enough to satisfy the gore crowd- it is the only film I've ever seen where the dead bodies smell. That out of the way, this film has A LOT going on. The depth of the characterizations make the story compelling. It is also a film has not yet gotten the credit it deserves in GLBT cinema. And so far as an exploration of the Franco regime, it would make a great double bill with Pan's Labyrinth. To me this is a film that has been sorely overlooked by Criterion.

Kim Bruun likes this.
  14. zbinks

15. Mutilated Prey

Mutilated Prey Soul Stealer

I'd get a blu of Offerings - it was entertaining enough to get a couple views. It's I'm definitely getting Panic.

16. satans-sadists

satans-sadists Ghost

Ptflea2 and Kim Bruun like this.
  17. Angelman

Angelman OCD Blu Ray Collector

I spot checked PANIC last night and it is a monster (no pun intended) improvement over what we've seen in the past. It's not perfect but it looks pretty damn good for a marginal title.

Kim Bruun likes this.
  18. MorallySound

MorallySound Mad Mutilator

I popped it on yesterday while I was working on some stuff, hadn't seen it previously but I had some fun with this Italian rip-off. It looked pretty good and I can only imagine the improvement over the VHS copies. Sure, it's no Melting Man and it may plod along rather aimlessly at times (but then Melting Man does at points too), but it's still a goofy slice of cinema.

I loved the drawn out scene in the cinema with they one guy and his girlfriend and the rest of the theatre goers, and the movie they are watching just seems to be a guy getting into a car and driving for 5 minutes with no dialogue and some boring music. Riveting! I really want to know what happened in the movie they were watching, because when it cuts away to the Monster showing up in the back of the theatre behind the screen, he's thrown into a frenzy when all of a sudden loud and suspenseful, yet kinda groovy music starts blaring on the speakers he's standing next to and destroys before ripping through the silver screen which then simply has a shot of rocks projected onto it.

Last edited: Feb 2, 2018
  19. satans-sadists

satans-sadists Ghost

Scorpion likes this.
  20. zbinks

[​IMG]

http://forum.blu-ray.com/showpost.php?p=14712734&postcount=38948

chancetx likes this.