Any Code Red release updates?

Discussion in 'General' started by gore, Oct 18, 2007.

1. satans-sadists

satans-sadists Ghost

2. CPT HOOK

CPT HOOK Well-Known Member

I had just bought two from the sale that we're delivered yesterday (the day the sale starts). And the case on one is all busted, so I need it replaced.

3. baggio

baggio Well-Known Member

Good sale price wise, but I'm gonna pass. Struggling to even pick two, and there's a couple I wanted but they are Sold Out. Even then I would at three. Not gonna pick crappy titles just for the sake of the deal, not worth it. Twenty one titles sold out btw.

4. Suicide

Suicide Space Bastard!

I got these:
    Sweet Baby Charlie (The Sadist)
    Slaughterhouse Rock
    Humongous Blu-ray + Slipcover
    Witchmaker Blu-ray + Slipcover
    The Being
    Total $64.00

I tried to resist after using an eBay coupon earlier in the day but titles on Ronin started going out of stock left and right and I kind of panicked.

Sucks that they jacked Zeder up to $35 for this sale. As much as Bill has bitched about the sales on that one at Blu-ray.com you'd think he'd tell Ronin to knock the price down, not mark it up.

Angelman likes this.
  5. shape22

shape22 Well-Known Member

I grabbed Island Claws, The Great Alligator, Warlock Moon, The Being, and Humongous. I appreciate Ronin's fast free shipping, but they really pull a lot of shenanigans when it comes to these sales. In addition to jacking up the regular prices for most titles, they also claim items are "out of stock," then miraculously show them as available as soon as the promotions end. I can't believe how many items now show "out of stock." Watch what happens as soon as the sale is over.

6. satans-sadists

satans-sadists Ghost

Katatonia likes this.
  7. Erick H.

Erick H. Well-Known Member

Did they ever do a corrected version of HUMONGOUS, as I recall there was a sound issue with the last release ?

8. Katatonia

Katatonia Hellbound Heart

Nope, they won't even acknowledge or respond to the problem. There's been complete silence on the issue.

Dobby and Erick H. like this.
  9. Erick H.

Erick H. Well-Known Member

Thanks for the info, that's a shame.

10. loutoad23

loutoad23 Active Member

Trick or treats 1981 just showed up on amazon prime video, code reds HD transfer. The redeemer and sweet 16 is up there too. Did code red strike a deal w amazon or something??

Last edited: Mar 16, 2018
  11. zbinks

zbinks Beset by Creatures of the Deep

RE: Future Code Red releases and Ronin Flix

http://forum.blu-ray.com/showpost.php?p=14886670&postcount=8562

12. Angelman

Angelman OCD Blu Ray Collector

13. Katatonia

Katatonia Hellbound Heart

^^ That is probably the worst decision Bill has made. Ronin are easy and awesome to order from.

14. Kim Bruun

Kim Bruun Resident Scream Queen

Yes, odd indeed. I wonder if it means, though, that the two cannibal movies will be released soon? I hope they are fresh scans. I watched Code Red's Blu-ray of House on the Edge of the Park last night, and I must say, I found the scanner noise distracting. Those old Italian masters, sheesh...

On that note, as mean-spirited as it is, for some reason HotEotP never quite got to me the way Last House on the Left or I Spit on Your Grave do. It's not that the acting is bad - most of it is actually quite good. I think it's something with the majority of the running time being devoted to waiting out a hostage situation in one room. It's uncomfortable, but even with sicko Hess breaking up the stand-still with episodes of sex or violence, it's also quite long. The finale, where the hostages finally turns the tables on their captor, is quite satisfying, though.

15. Suicide

Suicide Space Bastard!

He complains about his lack of sales nonstop on the Blu-ray.com forum (so much that "won't sell 300 copy" is a long-running joke in that thread) but then he drops one of the main sources of his sales? This guy is so bizarre that I really kinda find him fascinating. I'd love to see a documentary or something about him, that would probably be pretty interesting.

Steel76, Myron Breck, baggio and 3 others like this.
  16. f.ramses

f.ramses sociopath

Ronin was, by far, the best place to order Code Red releases from. Amazon would be great too but it sounds like, as usual, only some titles are going to be on Amazon. Diabolik and SAE are two of the last places I want to order stuff from because it pisses me off to pay $5 to ship one disc domestically.
    Why can't this guy get his act together?

17. satans-sadists

satans-sadists Ghost

Huge mistake dumping Ronin. The pricing on Code Red titles tends to run on the higher side obviously. Ronin often sold his releases at a lower price. An even better deal with the free shipping. My shipments have always been carefully packaged. I've even had a couple movie magnets thrown in free of charge. The shipping has always been fast, the communication excellent. Quite the contrast when ordering say from Code Red's Big Cartel shop: which is known for lack of communication, tracking numbers that never work (they do with Ronin), bloated shipping charges, and excessive waiting times to receive orders from the time they are placed (in the vicinity of 3 to 5 weeks is pretty standard).

Katatonia, f.ramses and baggio like this.
  18. baggio

baggio Well-Known Member

Even stinks for Ronin. Maybe they will start selling some other labels to fill out the catalog/store.

Katatonia likes this.
  19. baggio

baggio Well-Known Member

You forgot the obnoxious store layout. Bill's never heard of alphabetizing or release date listing. Not to mention the ever so hilarious weather, instruction, or rules orders. :rolleyes:

Katatonia and satans-sadists like this.
  20. hots4

hots4 Dogs In White

I find this guy so fucking annoying, moans at lack of sales, and this is normally due to the limited availability. When is he going to resort to selling on street corners! Gotta be soon!

I live in the UK so have to jump through hoops at major expense to support these as it is and as they would be blind buys you can imagine how many I've supported, I hate it when he gets a title, as other distributors are so much easier and cheaper to attain their product.

I wish he'd hand up his boots to be honest, the only good point is a lot of stuff has been showing up on amazon prime so I can view before deciding on a very expensive purchase.

Last edited: Mar 30, 2018
    baggio, Zombie Dude and Katatonia like this.