Any Code Red release updates?

Discussion in 'General' started by gore, Oct 18, 2007.

1. Mutilated Prey

Mutilated Prey Soul Stealer

Yes yes, we've all heard multiple times how you feel about Mutilator, and it is indeed blasphemy! :lol:

Last I heard there was a big dispute about which distributor had the rights to do the DVD release of Mutilator, and I believe there is some court time involved. It will be released one way or another.

2. Matt89

Matt89 Well-Known Member

It's terrible, what can I say? :lol:

Oh well, at least there are SOME people out there who like it I guess...

~Matt

3. vampyr789

vampyr789 9, 10. Never Sleep Again.

The Mutilator is a trashy classic. Its a so-terrible-its-awesome movie for me. i love everything about it. there is some really great gore!! the movie is so fun! :banana: i really hope it comes out this year!!

4. Kim Bruun

Kim Bruun Resident Scream Queen

I've already seen Spasms, and having seen it, I won't be buying it. :p

I'm very much looking forward to Night Warning, The Mutilator, and Silent Scream, though! I'll probably end up getting Nightmares at well, but those three are the ones I'm most excited about

There haven't been any news about Silent Scream in a long time, though... I hope it won't be too long before that release materialises.

5. rhett

rhett Administrator

There was a thread under its other name, THE REDEEMER, where Code Red stated the original film print has been lost and there simply aren't good enough materials in circulation to even warrant a release. A shame that one is.

I didn't care all that much for THE MUTILATOR on video, but the only copy I've seen is the butchered one. I'd like to see it with new eyes uncut. And plus, it's never too early to go on a Fall Break.

The last that was mentioned about SILENT SCREAM was that since Code Red has the rights for a very long period, they will save that release for later. They were also shopping the print around to transfer houses to get a nice HD telecine done. Perhaps that is done at this point?

6. Body Boy

Body Boy Well-Known Member

Code Red owns Silent Scream for life, so I think they'll release it at a time when less titles are being shipped out.

Man, I can't believe Night Warning is almost here! I remember talking with one of the Code Red people back in September/October of 2007 about releasing Night Warning on DVD. They tried to tell me that it wasn't really a slasher, and all this crazy stuff. Then in December 2007, they are apparently releasing it. Haha. Did I convince them? Or did they already have the title long before I got there? Hehe, who knows? Maybe CR can clear this up. :D Either way, I'm getting the film I want! God, I love their films.

7. Matt89

Matt89 Well-Known Member

No, I think you're mistaken. I'm pretty sure Code Red meant this movie. Massacre at Central High is owned by some other company, not Code Red. I forget the name of the company, but it's defintely not CR.

*And Massacre at Central High's alternate title (in the UK) is Blackboard Massacre, not The Redeemer. ;)

~Matt

8. rhett

rhett Administrator

Foiled again! I always confuse MASSACRE AT CENTRAL HIGH and CLASS REUNION MASSACRE. Great news if the Carradine flick finally makes it to disc, though.

9. fceurich39

fceurich39 Well-Known Member

nightmare should be coming in a few months i think all code red has to do is get subtitles for the director's interview and edit the 90 min interview

10. CrazyFatEthel

CrazyFatEthel New Member

Me too!!!!:banana:

11. promnight13

promnight13 New Member

I would purchase SPASMS, NIGHT WARNING, NIGHTMARE and THE VISITOR but would give my left arm for a SILENT SCREAM S.E.

12. gore

gore Guest

I just want to click the preorder button for something :D

13. streetlight

streetlight Member

i read somewhere else they are planning on 1982's Scream for a summer release this year. A widescreen print with a director commentary in my possession would make me want to yank my crank in joy

14. WesReviews

WesReviews Active Member

I can't believe they're releasing Scream over The Redeemer. I know they haven't come up on a good enough print to use for The Redeemer yet, but man... this movie needs a release. More people need to see it!

15. Scream? What I've read about this movie doesn't exactly make it sound like a good purchase. Unless there's an Uncut version with all the bloody deaths intact(Unless it was filmed otherwise), then what's the fucking point?? The Redeemer would be more than worth a purchase.

All they'd have to do with The Redeemer is put a warning before the movie begins about the problems with the print/source material, and just go with that, but price it lower.

16. CodeRedDVd

CodeRedDVd Guest

I seriously doubt a disclaimer will make anyone happy. How many of you seem the transfer of MAUSOLEUM? OK, now times the roughness and dirt filled of that print of MAUSOLEUM times 3, also with constant skipping due to print damages, and to top it all off, there is a dead body scene at the start of reel three, and since all three prints were plattered, this scene is completely missing!

Plus there is arch light burn in the best of the htree prints! (a big hole has burned into the center of the print!) If anyone saw this at the New Beverly screening will tell you ho bad it was. The stuff I am going through with NIGHTMARE (which is almost done) is nothing compare to the materials on this title.

It really is hopeless situation, unlike SCREAM in which the negative elements all exists, everything was in tip top shape.

And no, you cant swipe the missing scene and dialogues from a VHS master, for to do so, you have to blow out a analog VHS tape into 16x9 to match witht he missing scenes, which will result in something horrible! It will look like a Mill Creek DVD. The rights owner just did not save anything worth using.

Maybe we will put it as a second half of a double bill, more like an extra, which is what Ive been thinking of, but I just dread the day it comes out, all the complains and death threats I will get for it being so poor and unwatchable. You never win when owners do not save anything. I doubt alot of people will agree that I've been saying "I told you so" when they see the final results and see how the vHS looks better! Sometimes you cant win.):

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 7, 2009
  17. fceurich39

fceurich39 Well-Known Member

well said also have you guys started to subtitle or edit the interview with the director of nightmare yet so the dvd will be coming?:)

18. Body Boy

Body Boy Well-Known Member

Also, just to clear my conscience (lol), may I ask you, Code Red, how you guys came up with the idea to release Night Warning?

And yeah, people have got to stop this complaining about Redeemer. It's dead. Hehe,

19. Matt89

Matt89 Well-Known Member

And do you guys have any idea what's happening with Massacre at Central High? I know you guys don't own the rights to it, but if you know anything, that would be great. Slaughter High would be nice, too. (Who owns that one?)

~Matt

20. CodeRedDVd

CodeRedDVd Guest

SLAUGHTER HIGH is owned by Lions Gate, as they did a new HiDef master awhile ago.