Any Code Red release updates?

Discussion in 'General' started by gore, Oct 18, 2007.

1. Matt89

Matt89 Well-Known Member

Sweet, so I guess we can count on a DVD release sometime in the near future. Thanks.

~Matt

2. bloodthrill

bloodthrill New Member

The Mutilator is by far the title I am most anticipating,(PLEASE keep the original VHS artwork)since every available release has been so murky.With compression artifacting out the ass,the Dragon DVD just barely beat out the Unrated Vestron.That being said,I welcome each Code Red slasher title with loving arms and open wallet.Regardless of condition,(Sweet Sixteen looked pretty crummy,besides sucking as a movie,yet remained an '08 purchase).I do recall having a nice nap during my viewing of Scream,yet being able to actually see it may work in its favor.Keep 'em comin',Code Red.You guys are unquestionably the "Slasher Fan Saviors".

3. streetlight

streetlight Member

CODE RED RULES. Keep up the KILLER work guys and I'll continue to support the company. I still can't believe people are still whining about "Class Reunion Massacre". To those people, just do some work and track down the Continental VHS release which came out in 1985. It's the best quality of the film available. I luckily found it for $2.50 last summer in some flea market about 30 minutes from my parents house and they live in the country, in the middle of nowhere. The quality of the print looks AWESOME, the tape looks like it was hardly ever played... I also bought another copy from a video store going out of business store near the flea market for a measly $2. Of course not everyone will be so lucky to find it...but keep waking up each day and say to yourself "it can be done.....it can be done....it can be done...."

4. HAEMORRHAGE

HAEMORRHAGE If he dies, he dies

I surely hope so.

5. Shlockjock81

Shlockjock81 New Member

I don't think you'll have to worry about that. Code Red is really good about using the original poster/VHS cover art. One of the many reasons why I think they're just about the best DVD company out there right now for genre films.

6. gore

gore Guest

I saw on your blog you are releasing Trapped (looks good). Any plans of other movies like this, the backwoods/deliverance style movies? These and lost slasher movies are great.

Hunter's blood, rituals, iced, death valley (peter billingsly?) , ticks, edge of the axe, frozen scream, boogens, humungous, house of death, fatal games, open house, ghosthouse, to all a goodnight, pledge night, death spa, borrower, video dead, killer party, night school, the prey?

Any of those? :D

Looking forward to Silent Scream. Well done

7. X-human

X-human I ate my keys

Maybe you could release it under a different company called Terrible Horrorible No Good Very Bad Prints. You could find a niche market that likes those kinds of things and the source material would obviously be cost effective.

8. SickNick89

SickNick89 Member

I always thought the anthology film SCREAMS OF A WINTER NIGHT would be right at home on Code Red DVD. It's a great little film and CR would do it justice.

9. Shlockjock81

Shlockjock81 New Member

Damn I'd kill for an UNCUT "Humongous". Maybe slightly restored too, so we can see what was actually going on!! My VHS rip is hella-dark.

10. Mutilated Prey

Mutilated Prey Soul Stealer

Exactly - someone really needs to give that the special treatment. Fun flick.

In regards to Mutilator, I'd like to know if Bill has settled out the rights debauchary.

11. Screams would be a great movie for Code Red.

12. bloodthrill

bloodthrill New Member

Those are some stellar recommendations,Gore.The Peter Billingsley(Christmas Story's Ralphie Parker)obscurity Death Valley,Iced,House Of Death,and Open House,(Adrienne Boobeau's facial expressions and quips in this are classic)would be among my first choices,and none strike me as especially hard to capture the rights to,though what do I know?I recall Iced having some nifty kills,and Debra DeLiso as the final heroine was just icing on the cake.Ghosthouse creeped me out for the longest time,with the bizarro music and chanting that occur whenever the clown doll pops up.Brrr!I recommended Skip Schoolnik's Hide And Go Shriek for Code Red awhile ago,but apparently Media Bastards snagged the rights and has chosen to do jack with them.

13. vampyr789

vampyr789 9, 10. Never Sleep Again.

I still think Code Red should release a legit release of Night of the Demon (1980)
    ...the bootleg looks like shit.

14. Shlockjock81

Shlockjock81 New Member

YES!! Thank you!! I can't imagine this film's rights being all that hard to acquire... It didn't even get a theatrical release. Extras would be hard to come up with though... I haven't seen ANY production notes or info in my travels on the net. A very mysterious film (as far as its production is concerned).

A true "Video Nasty" if there ever was one.

15. vampyr789

vampyr789 9, 10. Never Sleep Again.

yeah, its a great video nasty!! i emailed them a while ago, they people who owned it said that its not worth releasing & old cult films don't sell well...thats a really stupid answer if you ask me :confused:

16. Shlockjock81

Shlockjock81 New Member

That's the lamest answer I've ever heard. Just look at the threads in these forums and many other horror related forums... I think old cult films are some of the best sellers next to new releases and mainstream cinema...

If Code Red is reading these posts at all, what's your comment on this situation? Do you guys have any interest in taking this title on or have you already tried?

17. gore

gore Guest

I just wanna know for example how synergy can sell a crappy vhs rip of rituals and it not be picked up for cheap when there is an obvious fan base. I realize most of these are owned by sony, mgm, paramount blah blah and I am not bashing code red in anyway. Maybe I am just curious to all this since Bill is the only guy that will shed some light to fans on these forums. Maybe it shouldnt be what we want and be told the rights belong to so and so, but what is possible for us to get and what would we like?

18. CodeRedDVd

CodeRedDVd Guest

Hunter's blood - MGM,
    death valley (peter billingsly?) - UNIVERSAL ,
    ticks LIONS GATE
    frozen scream -MGM,
    boogens - LIONS GATE/PARAMOUNT,
    humungous - Lions Gate,
    open house- MGM,
    ghosthouse - I believe Media Blasters looking into it,
    to all a goodnight -MGM,
    death spa - DARK SKY,
    borrower- MGM,
    video dead- MGM,
    killer party - WARNER,
    night school -WARNER,
    the prey -Anchor Bay

Yes, the "Big boys" control the majority of the good stuff. So please email those DVD studios to get them to put them out ASAP, as they do not sub-licenese these titles to me, nor BU, nor Mondo Macabro, or any of the other DVD labels!

As for NIGHT OF THE DEMON, it was officially licensed to some budget label years ago, and it isn't worth the headache dealing with the people who rep this title, who pretty much yelled at me! Was not a good experience. But I assume you want me to suffer and re-live this nightmarish experience?

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 8, 2009
  19. Mutilated Prey

Mutilated Prey Soul Stealer

Yup ;)

So, Anchor Bay owns the rights to The Prey, but they don't even have the uncut version, nor a very good print correct? Do you think that title is dead in the water?

Who owns Screams of a Winter Night?

20. maybrick

maybrick Well-Known Member

Since we're all throwing out titles for Code Red to release, it would make my day if somebody would do something with THE BOOGENS. Anybody? Please? Any takers?