Any news on a uncut Serbian Film Bluray?

Discussion in 'General' started by CCF, Dec 3, 2010.

1. CCF

CCF Member

The UK version is coming out in 01-03-11.
    Is there any news on the uncut version of the film?

2. msw7

msw7 Re-animated member

An unrated edition was just announced for US release, but it will be cut by 1 minute.

details here

I'm torn about this. I'm really strongly against censorship, and so I don't want to support a cut video release (in any format).

On the other hand, I want to see the movie, and this may be my best bet to see it at all.

On the third hand, if all the cuts are director approved, I'm not so much against it on moral grounds.

On the fourth hand, I'm not 100% sure I want to see the content of the completely uncut version (some things can't be unseen).

On the fifth hand, if this release isn't supported, there will be an even smaller chance of a future, uncut release. I think this company may be shooting themselves in the foot for fear of legal action following an uncut release, and so not giving the people who would buy this what they really want. I fear it's doomed.

/yes, I know that's a lot of hands. Masturbation is sublime.

3. russweiss

russweiss Well-Known Member

I saw the film already and thought it was over hyped. Yeah there were some graphic scenes but that doesn't make a movie (at least for me).

4. soxfan666

soxfan666 Well-Known Member

Does anyone know if the 1 minute of cuts are going to change the feel of the movie?

5. Myron Breck

Myron Breck Boom Shanka

I know that flixfling.com has it available for streaming/download, but to be honest I keep forgetting to watch it.

6. SaxCatz

SaxCatz New Member

I have planned to see this film whenever it finally gets a (mostly- 1 minute is fine) uncut Blu-ray release in the US. Looks like that time is coming. However, I suspect that I may very much regret that decision. As msw7 states, some things just can't be unseen.

7. Criswell

Criswell New Member

I thought it was great especially if you know the history of the region. The final scene is so derpressing but also totally realistic.

8. Ash28M

Ash28M Active Member

Anyone pick this up yet?

9. fceurich39

fceurich39 Well-Known Member

i got the dvd i thought it was okay

10. x666x

x666x Well-Known Member

My friend just got his shipped so he'll probably watch it next week. Apparently the cut scenes aren't that major, but still, I just cannot fork over any cash for a cut version. I'll stick to my fully uncut screener.

11. Ash28M

Ash28M Active Member

Yeah I'm struggling with that as well. I heard the cuts aren't too bad and the blu is only about 11 bucks at Deepdiscount right now, so I'm thinking maybe pick that up and have an uncut version on a separate DVD and throw that in the case.

Last edited: Nov 6, 2011
  12. NaturesMistake

NaturesMistake Member

I have an uncensored bootleg. I've seen the censored version as well at a friends house and quite a bit was cut... With that said, the movie isn't really worth this much thought. It's perverted for sure, but it's just a shock flick. As for "things not being unseen," there are far worse real images in the news and internet. You can only go so far in a jaded society. The world isn't very shocking anymore, just sad and depressing...

13. russweiss

russweiss Well-Known Member

I saw the film a year ago and didn't think it was all that so I certainly won't buy a censored version.

14. Zollman

Zollman New Member

I've seen the uncut version and I have the "cut" American Blu-Ray. In my opinion, the Cut version makes the NBP scene tighter, but really harms the "happy Serbian family" scene.
    The Baby puppet in the full uncut version didn't work for me and ruined the brutality, so simply having the protagonist react to the imagined horror of infant rape is much better than witnessing the comically-limited thing that I saw in the original cut. The Bloody legs being excised from the "Happy Serbian Family" scene is a travesty however, as that was some of the best horror comedy since Barbara Crapmton received "head" in Re-Animator. Suddenly I was 10 years old again, and Horror was brand new to me. All in all the US Blu-Ray is the best bet as it is the most english friendly and the least cut. I recommend it, until something better comes along- and it will probably it's the funnest movie of 2010.

15. Ash28M

Ash28M Active Member

I've got to disagree. You make it sound like it's August Underground. Whether or not you buy into the subtext. You have to admit it's a well crafted film with a ton of atmosphere and imagery. If it wasn't for it's subject matter most people would see it as one of the best horror films of the last few years IMO.

Last edited: Nov 6, 2011
  16. NaturesMistake

NaturesMistake Member

August Underground with a budget. Aesthetically, it is a well done film. Each shot is beautiful and polished for sure. However, without the subject matter, there would be no film. It uses many Freudian themes and tries to be deep, but I found the whole experience empty, pointless and pretentious. The character's "decent" was not very well portrayed at all and only served as a vehicle for "shocking" scenes... It was silly, and the "director" character was an over the top Human Centipede doctor reject (at least that film knew what it was).

The film would have worked better as a full blown psychological character study (which it tried and failed to do). For instance; him being aroused by the image of a child while getting head was indeed disturbing and asks some pretty scary questions about the character and human nature in general. Had they gone that route and used more subtlety, opting for just one or two gross outs, it may have made the film more effective (Irreversible comes to mind). Sometimes one or two events can be more disturbing than if a myriad of gore is thrown at you "Braindead" style. The fact is that the film turns cheap, but still tries to be serious.

Sometimes less is more.

...but we can agree to disagree.

Last edited: Sep 29, 2017
  17. X-human

X-human I ate my keys

A company called Zeno Pictures is putting out the uncut version, dutch subtitles only. I pulled the trigger on it because I haven't been able to get my hands on the Cinematic Vision version. Anyone hear anything on this one?

18. foller

foller Active Member

The movie is available as an uncut BluRay (in embossed slipcase) or DVD or Mediabook (Bluray+DVD) is Germany/Austria. The unrated Blu runs 103:39 minutes and it's 2,40:1 (1080p). It has German and Serbian audio and only German subtitles, no English. It's a professional quality realease by ContraFilm. But you won't find it in common online shops because it was released without any kind of rating.:D

Attached Files:

19. aoiookami

aoiookami Demon Fetishist

I echo what NaturesMistake says about this film, its a high budget August Underground movie; it's nothing new or original, and the bulk of it's notoriety rides on hype, much like something like the Human Centipede, the whole trend is getting really tired imo, the "Banned in ____ Countries!", the blood-splattered "UNRATED" the 'so bad we had to bind it up!' cover art. Yawn. There isn't anything in this film we havn't seen before in Salo, Necromantik, Guinee Pig or other gross-out classics from 10, 20, 30+ years ago. And any scenes that do try to 'push the limits' are bogged down by laughably bad prosthetics. Agreed NaturesMistake, less is more indeed, it just tries too hard.

20. X-human

X-human I ate my keys

DVD edition announced:
    http://www.fangoria.com/index.php/h...-serbian-film-to-see-us-release-exclusive-art

I'm thinking it's too little too late for most people.