Any word on Boogens blu-ray yet??

Discussion in 'General' started by ronnie21, Jul 9, 2012.

1. Zillamon51

Zillamon51 Member

They did that with Paranormal Activity 3 and some people bitched about it. I thought it was a really good idea, especially for a movie that relies so heavily on jump scares that could be easily spoiled.

2. Katatonia

Katatonia Hellbound Heart

I'd pick it up while you can. This is a licensed release from Paramount after all. Just look at many of the Lionsgate releases that were similarly licensed from Paramount...now OOP.

I do kind of doubt it'll go out of print any time soon, but it will eventually. I'm sure Olive's licensing contracts are for a set period of time.

3. Ptflea2

Ptflea2 Well-Known Member

What other titles went OOP?

4. maybrick

maybrick Well-Known Member

It shipped today. Yippee-ki-yay.

5. Katatonia

Katatonia Hellbound Heart

These are a few Lionsgate/Paramount titles that I know of that have recently gone OOP:

Drop Zone
    Flight of the Intruder
    Hard Rain
    Jade
    Jimmy Hollywood
    Ladybugs
    The Phantom
    The Relic

I'm sure there's others that were part of the licensing deal.

My Bloody Valentine may or may not be going OOP. It's prices and stock at retailers have fluctuated recently.

6. dave13

dave13 Well-Known Member

glad i picked that up when i did, then. its not even remotely a good film, but i enjoy it anyway. brings back memories of my teenage years, and i'm also a huge fan of Preston & Child (authors of the book). A/V was pretty good on it, and there were some added features for the BD which sweetened the pot.

7. Midnight Buddha

Midnight Buddha Member

:)

Attached Files:

8. wago70

wago70 Surviving on nostalgia

San Francisco - down by them two ol' sheds
    The Boogens - what a flick. Very fun, straight forward creature feature. The best thing is that there are movies you rent that are nothing like the ads. The Boogens delivers. I remember when this was first released (you'd better believe I have the full page ad from the L.A. Times!) and my school mate was trying to describe the monsters to me (she had seen this with her family the previous Friday opening). I didn't see the flick until 1983 and, although I never found it scary, it's one of the few (from the era which was mostly slasher flicks) that actually seemed like a 1950's monster movie crossed with a slasher flick and was just fun.
    I bought the paperback book in 1982 and I must admit, that story is so much better. How cool would the film had been if it had the budget to do a production design of the mine shafts, ect as they are so nicely described in the book!

9. Cannibal Chris

Cannibal Chris New Member

Picked this one up tonight, it was a blind buy but after reading some reviews I couldn't resist!

10. ronnie21

ronnie21 Well-Known Member

i always liked boogens.. the characters are what make it.. just wish the blu rays transfer didnt have all those constant white specs in it. if it wernt for that. the transfer would have been perfect...

11. SpaceAce

SpaceAce Active Member

Just watched The Boogens for the first time last night (I blind bought the blu ray) and I really enjoyed it. I am leery of blind buying these older lower budget horror movies because they often move too slow or just don't pack any suspense/thrills/fun to keep the movie going for me...The Dorm that Dripped Blood, Humongous, and Rituals all fall into the category of movies I was looking forward to checking out and they just seemed boring and flat to me). The Boogens was fun and had some really creepy moments, a great setting, and just seemed to click for me. I was very pleasantly surprised and definately look forward to watching this again on a snowy winter night (and also unearthing some other movies like this that I may has missed out on over the years).

12. Anthropophagus

Anthropophagus Well-Known Member

I love The Boogens too.
    Check out Corman's Humanoids From The Deep if you haven't already done so.

13. SpaceAce

SpaceAce Active Member

Good call on Humanoids from the Deep, I blind bought that one and I really enjoyed that one. I was thinking about checking out the Nest and possibly Deadly Blessing. I have not seen either one of those and they both seemed like they might fit the bill for me (especially the nest). any other suggestions?

14. CPT HOOK

CPT HOOK Well-Known Member

Sounds like you're into creature features. Ticks is hitting blu-ray from Olive Films next week.

15. SaviniFan

SaviniFan I Have A Fetish

Ticks as CPT HOOK said, and I got to see The Nest in theaters some years ago. I really liked it and I'll be getting the blu for sure.

16. Anthropophagus

Anthropophagus Well-Known Member

You've got my vote on Deadly Blessing for sure, it's a great, slow burning supernatural thriller with many of Craven's trademark elements. Day of sale purchase for me.
    The Nest I don't remember that much about, but I definitely enjoyed it too. Will re-visit at some point.