Anybody Recieve Their Crystal Lake Memories?

Discussion in 'Slashers' started by Bobbywoodhogan, Aug 7, 2005.

1. onebyone

onebyone Guest

Wow. How nice for you. I am jealous, but bear you no ill will at all. That would be childish. :)

Lucky fucking bastard show off!

2. baggio

baggio Well-Known Member

I called Barnes about a week ago to ask about this book because I was sent an email to Reconfirm my purchase. The email stated there was a long delay on this book, and said I needed to confirm (on the website) if I still wanted the book. When I went to the site , I noticed the price increase. So I called Barnes and the told me two things. One that they made a mistake on the original price and would still honor it , and two that the book hopefully will be out by Dec. 27 2005.

3. DVD Connoisseur

DVD Connoisseur Active Member

I paid (including shipping), just over £55 for my Sean Cunningham / author signed book, with keyring. Today I was hit by a further FedEx bill of £15! And I thought books were exempt from VAT in the UK!! So, £70 for this book. That's around $115!

I feel quite sick. :cry:

4. evildeadfan123

evildeadfan123 Sam & Dean Winchester

The Making Of Friday the 13th: Legend of Camp Blood I ordered off of Target.com, and Crystal Lake Memories I did eBay.

5. n3rds3x

n3rds3x Guest

Overstock just shipped my copy today. I'll keep you posted about the book's status.

6. Xtro_13

Xtro_13 Guest

I just got my copy from amazon today.

7. Wez4555

Wez4555 Happy Trees Motherfucker!

and....

8. Xtro_13

Xtro_13 Guest

Just started reading it. Book is very well put together. Then again, it should be for $30. I think that it was well worth the money, if you're a Friday fan.

9. evildeadfan123

I did Buy It Now on eBay last Wednesday, and received my book Saturday afternoon, 3 days after I paid for the book. I did not expect it until this week. Very pleasantly suprised, and a very heavy book. I think between Crystal Lake Murders and Making Friday the 13th: Legend of Camp Blood, I think the best book of the two is Crystal Lake Murders: History of Friday The 13th, but I own both books now, and if you are a huge fan, I would recommend both, but I would get the Crystal Lake Murders first. From what I gather, I think that they are only printing 5,000 copies, and that is it.

10. n3rds3x

n3rds3x Guest

I received my copy from Overstock today. The copy I purchased was a Christmas present for my father, but I think I'm going to order a copy for myself. And based on evildeadfan123's post, I will most likely pick up Making Friday the 13th and the Crystal Lake Murders books.

11. bigwes15

bigwes15 Active Member

I took a shot at this on Amazon on the 10th, where it was saying it would ship within 4 to 6 days. I also grabbed the Halloween 4 "special edition" novelization and the texas Chainsaw companion. Well, the others shipped right away, but lo and behold I got a notice saying that there was a delay with Crystal Lake and it wouldn't arrive until the end of january. Pissed, but expected. Then I got another notice that it had been picked up for shipping by UPS....to arrive on January 31st! A month in transit?? I emailed and got a reply that they had found some copies and were indeed shipping it out to arrive before Christmas. I'll keep my fingers crossed!! By the way, the Making Friday the 13th book was outstanding. This book will be hard-pressed to outdo that one.

12. eric_angelus

eric_angelus Testacular

This book is really hard to get. Ebay prices are as high as the $70's now. I am bummed I did not manage to get one. There is not a single one left in any Barnes and Noble warehouse or wholesaler anywhere.

13. Myron Breck

Myron Breck BOO!!! Gotcha!

Okay, so let me get this straight: This book has already been officially released and is sold out??? Or was it just pushed back to January and some leaked through, causing higher prices for the Holiday fans??? :(

14. evildeadfan123

What I am thinking is that it has been officially released and it has sold out. It was released last part of October. There is even an official website just for the book:
    http://www.crystallakememories.com, and I am not surprised about the book been in the 70.00 plus range. I think that the 5,000 copies is it. No more copies probably will be printed.

15. evildeadfan123

I just looked at the website, this is a Limited Edition Hardcover, meaning that they will probably be reprinting it possibly, but if they do reprint it, it will be a Paperback cover. The book officially released on October 24th.

16. Demon

Demon Don't Fuck With Dolly!

Anybody who ordered from Amazon.....be on the lookout I got mine in today! Ofcourse its still in a box (A Christmas present I bought for myself )...which is quite huge.....how damn big is this book??

17. evildeadfan123

It's huge. It weighs a little over 5 lbs.

18. Crazy Ralph

Crazy Ralph Guest

Folks.... please excuse my total web shopping ignorance..... I've only ever bought one thing from the net...

I went to Amazon.com, and they state that this book will ship in 4 to 6 weeks (they are projecting end Jan to middle Feb).... I ordered it, and it cost me 32 bucks (US no doubt, although the Canadian dollar is not too bad right now)....

In reading these recent posts here now, can I assume that I will never receive this?

19. Myron Breck

Myron Breck BOO!!! Gotcha!

I dunno, but after reading Demon's post I ordered one from them as well. Fingers are crossed!

20. n3rds3x

n3rds3x Guest

So, what's the scoop on this book? Sold out? Out of print?

After purchasing a copy for my father as a Christmas present, I decided that I would purchase a copy for myself after Christmas. Well, it's after Christmas and I certainly can't find it anywhere. The book is no longer listed on Overstock and Amazon has it listed that the book will ship in four to six weeks. Has anyone had any luck locating this title offline? If so, what retailer carried it and how much was it?