Anyone Attended an "On Set Cinema" Event?

Discussion in 'General' started by Myron Breck, Aug 8, 2020.

1. Myron Breck

Myron Breck Boom Shanka

This guy creates specialized viewing parties (mostly horror-based), through his company The Meyers House NC. I am going to the event next month for FRIDAY THE 13TH, PART VI: JASON LIVES since it's only about an hour from my house.

Has anyone gone to one of his events before?

https://www.myershousenc.com/onsetcinema

2. CPT HOOK

CPT HOOK Well-Known Member

I haven't been to the events, however I have been to Camp Daniel Morgan from Jason Lives. Even if there isn't a fan event there, you can stop in the park visitor center and pick up the keys to the camp (they make you leave your driver's license). Free of charge, but I did slip a donation in the box when I turned in the keys.

Beautiful place, the cabins all still look exactly like the movie. The dock is a little different (no light posts), but still more or less the same. When you enter the camp, you'll see the kid's cabin and kitchen/mess hall to the right, and the lake is just beyond those. If you go to the left when you enter the camp, you'll find Paula and Sissy's cabin. Spent about an hour wandering around there and the buildings. So surreal, it was like walking into the movie!

Worth mentioning that this is the same camp also featured in Little Darlings and the 80s made-for-TV Michael J Fox movie Poison Ivy.

Looking through the past events, I've been to quite a few of those locations. The Timberline Lodge from The Shining is beautiful, even if the interior is nothing like the movie. They have a gift shop in the parking lot, so I bought a t-shirt. The other location from there I would highly recommend is Harrell's from I Know What You Did Last Summer. Situated in a cute little town square full of antique shops, it still looks exactly like the movie, inside and out. The woman working there was extremely nice, and when I mentioned the movie, she even let me in the backroom to see the platform elevator where Sarah Michelle Gellar escapes. Should also mention that this town square is also the town featured throughout Silver Bullet. It's super close to Wilmington, which is littered with movie sites.

Myron Breck likes this.
  3. Myron Breck

Myron Breck Boom Shanka

LITTLE DARLINGS????? Oh, shit. Now I'm twice as excited. Seriously.