Anyone got Zombie holocaust?

Discussion in 'Euro Horror' started by maniac666, May 21, 2002.

1. maniac666

maniac666 New Member

Mine has been shipped today so tomorrow ill have it:D
    Ill tell my impressions soon,but im sure its gonna be good.
    Shriek show rules!!!

2. Regurgitate

Regurgitate New Member

Damn, I doesn't look like anyone has it in stock. I think I am gonna wait to order it with Burial Ground at the same time anyway. Can't wait to get this though!

3. Trout

Trout Guest

Mine shipped too. Hopefully I will have it by the weekend, but I have a feeling it won't be here (a seeing as it is a long weekend, I probably will have to wait until next week).

4. Wez4555

Wez4555 Happy Trees Motherfucker!

mine shipped from buy.com on the 20th..so i may get it in tomarrow.... cant wait WOO!

5. DefJeff

DefJeff Franca Stoppi's #1 fan

i havent seen it in stores anywhere

im gonna order it from online soon tho. i have the Dragon dvd of it and i love this movie.

yea, shriek show does rule

6. Trout

Trout Guest

I have the Dragon version too, and it really sucks. I can't wait to see a decent transfer of this film.

7. thrashard76

thrashard76 Guest

I wonder if Best Buy will be getting any newer Shriek Show titles in any time soon? They are the cheapest place I can find to buy DVDs. Tower Records and Suncoast are 2 other alternative choices.

8. Max Yokell

Max Yokell Guest

I top have the Dragon Version . I don't think the transfer was great but I do think that the quality of the original film was not the greatest. I am sure MB one will look a little better but I am not sure how much better it could look.

Yeah I have noticed I can't find any MB SS DVDs at Best Buy Lately/ I have been looking for Beyond The Darkness and it is no where. I did find Jungle Holocaust though.

Max

9. <---Saw ZH in theatres... there's room for improvement from the Dragon disc.

10. thrashard76

thrashard76 Guest

I found Jungle Holocaust and Cannibal Ferox at Tower Records but not the others. I may end up at Suncoast ordering a whole load of DVDs.

11. DefJeff

ahh where u at the Exhumed showing of Night Of the Zombies and Dr Butcher MD ??? or if not, where'd you see it?? thats awesome!!

i was gonna go to teh Exhumed showing when they showed it, but plans got messed up and i ended up not goin......

12. Wez4555

dont worry..best buy is getting there dvds in. its taking forever tho. i saw one beyond the darkness there but it was in the wrong section. when i went to dallas for work i went to the best buy there and they had 2 of them. best buy is just slow at getting dvds inless there main stream or in the ads. also just like i predicted i got ZH in today from buy.com (22th). so im going to sit down with it tonight and then come back on and tell everyone what i think...inless someone else beats me to it, but if thats the case then ill just add my option.

-Wez

13. maniac666

maniac666 New Member

I got mine this morning.The tranfer seems pretty good.its the first time i see it on dvd so i dont know if its better than the Dragon version.
    The reverse side cover is the better looking i think.And the trailer is pretty cool and cheesy like we like them!!!!
    I found one easter egg in the special thanks extra,highlite edwin samuelson and its like an alternate open credit scene.
    Cant wait for burial ground!!!!
    Thx,bye bye.

14. thrashard76

thrashard76 Guest

Movies To Buy:

Bloodsucking Freaks;)
    Burial Ground - Night of Terrors
    Zombie Holocaust
    Cannibal Ferox
    Jungle Holocaust
    Beyond the Darkness
    Zombie...and more!!!

15. DefJeff

ahh, good choice my friend

16. thrashard76

thrashard76 Guest

How good is Eaten Alive and Schramm? And which movie companies are releasing or have out these titles?

17. Jog

Jog Guest

Schramm is out on R1 dvd now through Barrel. There's plenty of extras since Barrel always makes sure that time is spent to make their dvds extra special. This may be why they have only 2 titles out now (Nekromantik being the other). Schramm, a German film, is the story of a crazed killer, told in intense detail. Is it effective? Well, I'd say the movie really nails it! :D :D :D

I dunno about Eaten Alive. That's Umberto Lenzi, right? Hope I helped anyway!

18. thrashard76

thrashard76 Guest

Thanks for the info Jog. Do Barrel have an official site? I'm gonna check Horror DVDs movie reviews on these pair. Thanks. ;)

19. Wez4555

i didnt really like blood sucking freaks that much. it didnt suck but i wouldnt view it multible times like i would redneck zombies. altho i got about 20 unopened dvds..so when i finish with those and if i have nothin else to watch ill prolly sit down with BSF again.

20. Jog

Jog Guest