Anyone got Zombie holocaust?

Discussion in 'Euro Horror' started by maniac666, May 21, 2002.

1. jaybienweb

jaybienweb Guest

I switched to BUIO's alternate cover immediately, it's a pretty kick-ass cover.

2. DefJeff

DefJeff Franca Stoppi's #1 fan

honestly, i really didnt like Shriek Shows original art anyways, so i switched the cover to the Buio one also... probly woulda did that no matter what the other art was tho, cuz thats a real great cover

3. jaybienweb

jaybienweb Guest

The original cover art that's on Shriek Show's BUIO OMEGA disc(not the alternate one on the flip-side) was the poster art for the film's re-release in the mid-eighties, if I'm not mistaken.

The same goes with the original ZOMBIE HOLOCAUST cover.

4. thrashard76

thrashard76 Guest

Nice poster art!

[​IMG]

Very retro in style...I love the cartoonish edge to it. :D

5. crank

crank Guest

I liked the alternate Beyond the Darkness cover, but didn't use it. For some reason I really liked the original cover for that one. I probably will use the original cover Zombie Holocaust as well (I'm hoping to grab it at Best Buy tomorrow, as someone said BB was supposed to get it then) because I think that zombie is just fucking cool looking. I did go for the alternate cover on Jess Franco's Exercism from Synapse though.

crank

6. thrashard76

thrashard76 Guest

I will be at Best Buy early tomorrow to check on the Zombie Holocaust DVD as well as a few choice others. The zombie is bad ass indeed. ;)

7. Pukenstein

Pukenstein New Member

Didn't see it at Best Buy. Since they only get one copy of these flicks, someone must have grabbed it.

ZH was kind of boring though.

8. skinnypuppy6

skinnypuppy6 Guest

I picked mine up at media play

9. Trout

Trout Guest

I got mine from DeepDiscount earlier in the week, and I am quite impressed, especially with the extras (I would like it if Anchor Bay would do as many as Shriek Show does).

10. skinnypuppy6

skinnypuppy6 Guest

Zombie holocaust glitch

I noticed a glitch in the disc at 1hour 6 mins and 9 secs
    it froze for about 3 secs on my Sampo 611, kenwood sovereign 5700 and my oritron other than that the disc is pretty good

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 2, 2002
  11. thrashard76

thrashard76 Guest

That would be cool, but I think AB would much rather release a two disk set with a 20 minute interview on disk 2 only. :rolleyes: Sometimes AB makes me sick. ;)

Thanks for posting that glitch problem skinny. ;) I wonder if Shriek Show is aware of this?

12. jaybienweb

jaybienweb Guest

That pause is the layer change. It's perfectly normal.

13. Wez4555

Wez4555 Happy Trees Motherfucker!

haha its funny..today i went to a seedy video store around here and i found the R rated american version of this movie on the shelf. i think im going to rent it just to compare. after all its only 99 cents to rent it..so i may give it a try and maybe take screens comparing the crappy R tape and the dvd version. hey i got nothing better to do with my life....

edit: just for understanding..its not like a remastered tape but one that prolly came out around when the movie did.

Last edited: Jun 2, 2002
  14. thrashard76

thrashard76 Guest

Oh, that's cool. Does the pause happen during a scene or is it between them? ;)

15. skinnypuppy6

skinnypuppy6 Guest

it happens during a scene it actualy froze up completly on the sampo but it's realy no big deal

16. thrashard76

thrashard76 Guest

If it happens on DVD players then god forbid what it will do on my PS 2. Hmm, I better try it on my computer DVD instead. ;)

17. Wez4555

Wez4555 Happy Trees Motherfucker!

dude i hope you dont play all your dvds in a ps2 (as your only dvd player)..sorry but that would be no good.

18. thrashard76

thrashard76 Guest

Yeah, I do. :p I'm kinda pathetic like that...hehehe.:D

19. jaybienweb

jaybienweb Guest

Trust me, it's only a layer change. They don't necessarily have to happen in-between a scene. In fact, they usually happen during a scene. It's fine, don't worry about it.

20. skinnypuppy6

skinnypuppy6 Guest

it's no big deal(like I said before), I was just knit picking you shouldnt worry about it, it will do just fine an a PS2