Anyone here have the Mondo Cane Collection?

Discussion in 'Euro Horror' started by Andrew, Aug 27, 2003.

1. Gutwrencher

Gutwrencher Guest

got it pre-ordered and cant wait for this set. an expensive month...to be sure.

2. KR~!

KR~! The Apocalyptic Kid

note to self : Much work harder = make more money

3. paulclissold

paulclissold Guest

Pre-ordered from DVD Pacific and can't wait for this set. The "Godfathers of Mondo" looks a real highlight as previous Blue Underground produced Documentaries have been outstanding.

10,000 sets? what's the betting this goes OOP very quickly?

4. Gutwrencher

Gutwrencher Guest

I'll bet that they will vanish sooner than most people think. this is a set that wont remain in production long....just a guess. it wont sell all that well...except to a few of us freaks.

5. bruce h

bruce h Editor - CINEMA ARCANA

Well, I can now officially say this is one AMAZING box set. Those of you familiar with these films previously have a real treat in store for you, as each disc is packed with love and care - and wait until you see the Directors' Cut of FAREWELL UNCLE TOM!

Easily among the Top Ten of the Year for me.

6. paulclissold

paulclissold Guest

Have you seen the set then bruce? first thoughts?

7. bruce h

bruce h Editor - CINEMA ARCANA

First thoughts? Easily one of the best-assembled packages in DVD history. Gorgeous transfers and great supplements - all put together by folks who love what they do. We even get alternate music cues on the menu screens! I haven't had much time to root through everything, but trust me, it's very much worth the money for fans of the genre.

8. Andrew

Andrew Guest

Well there were reports that BU has sold out of their first pressing, meaning all the copies are either at the warehouses of various online sites or in stores ready to be on display. I'm pretty surprised at this, and don't fully believe it yet, but we'll see. Also, there were reports of Deep Discount shipping this out early. Lo and behold, I called and my set shipped yesterday! I didn't get an email, the site doesn't mention it, and the credit card doesn't appear to have been charged yet, but damn if this didn't make my day.

9. hell ya!

hell ya! ~Go ahead, make my day~

I kinda find it hard to believe that it sold out already too but if it did then good for BU. I personally don't have any interest in these movies at all and after watching the trailers i have to say that they look pretty stupid. But thats just me. :banana:

10. Gutwrencher

Gutwrencher Guest

I'm content. I ordered mine forever ago.! :banana:

11. DefJeff

DefJeff Franca Stoppi's #1 fan

Mine shipped from DVDEmpire today. Can't wait to dig into this set, I'm gonna watch AFRICA ADDIO first most likely.

12. Andrew

Andrew Guest

Got it today! Beautiful looking set with the nice slim cases. My only complaint would be that I'd love a booklet, but I'll live. Can't wait to check these out!

Edit: Also think it's worth mentioning that mine is #07205, so it seems BU probably did print all 10,000 copies with the first pressing - and shipped them to vendors. Of course this includes retail stores, so if you can't find it online (where I'm pretty sure 80% of people buying this would get it) you'd probably have a good chance there.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 26, 2003
  13. Gutwrencher

Gutwrencher Guest

bastard. mine wont ship till Monday!!!!! :cry:

14. KR~!

KR~! The Apocalyptic Kid

curse me wallet, I was waiting to get this in december, but it might be OOP by then :(

15. Wez4555

Wez4555 Happy Trees Motherfucker!

me to KR. i dont exactly have $90 sitting around.

16. DefJeff

DefJeff Franca Stoppi's #1 fan

I received mine today and I can certainly back Andrew up in saying that the set looks beautiful and the slim cases do look really nice.

I cannot wait to start watching this later. FYI, I got #00573 .

17. mcchrist

mcchrist A new breed of pervert!

Hmmm, sounds like it's time to sell a kidney.

18. poorlogic

poorlogic Guest

Sounds like BU's Mondo Cane boxset is designed like Anchor Bay's Herzog/Kinski Collection:

[​IMG]

A great collectors item. What's the cheapest place to buy online?

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 28, 2003
  19. Andrew

Andrew Guest

The cases are the same, but the Mondo Collection has a see through cover and is only a simple plastic box, whereas the Herzog/Kinski one has cases in a piece, which goes inside a piece, which is surrounded by a piece, etc.

If you mean the Herzog set, it's OOP but you can still find them at Borders or online for not much more than they were originally. It's an excellent set also, well worth the money.

As for the Mondo Collection - www.DeepDiscountDVD.com has it for $90, which is the cheapest that I've seen. As mentioned above though, you may not want to wait too long. If you're really worried about not getting it, I'd recommend someone more reliable like www.DVDEmpire.com .

20. Gutwrencher

Gutwrencher Guest

FINALLY!!!! big brown just dumped it at my doorstep!!! :banana: