Anyone here have the Mondo Cane Collection?

Discussion in 'Euro Horror' started by Andrew, Aug 27, 2003.

1. Numania

Numania Guest

Yeah, an absolutely beautiful set. The movies are cool, too. I think they're the perfect hungover Sunday movies.
    Welp, enjoy, KR~!

2. KR~!

KR~! The Apocalyptic Kid

So far I have seen the Godfather's of Mondo, which was great. I have also seen the extras for the english version of Goodbye Uncle Tom. The behind the scenes footage last almost a hour and has great commentary by Giampaolo Lomi which is in english.

3. etale

etale Guest

I have to agree.
    I would have to have an interest in the films before I fork over that much money.
    Besides, there are literary hundreds of other DVDs I want right now.

4. KR~!

KR~! The Apocalyptic Kid

well, ALL deaths are real except one (the monk buring bit is fake but everything else is real).

Goodbye Uncle Tom is not a doc but a movie.

5. dwatts

dwatts New Member

What's less than zero? That's the interest I have in this box. I guess I can appluad it coming out, since these films don't really deserve to be preserved (in my, my to be humble opinion).

6. norkusa

norkusa Guest

I saw this at Best Buy the other day and thought about picking it up. It's pretty expensive ($125 I think), so I thought I'd check here to see what everyones thoughts are on it before I pick it up. I read reviews online about the set and they all seem pretty favorable. Allot of fucking content too....8 discs. Is this set worth picking up? Don't know much about the "Mondo" genre, but these movies sound like real fun...especially that Goodbye Uncle Tom one. Totally tasteless!

7. Jeff Dolniak

Jeff Dolniak Guest

I love the set, but than again I got it for 70 bucks on Amazon. Look for it online, you might be able to pick it up somewhere for under 100. Deep Discount is usually pretty cheap. Its really a solid all around set with some very cool extras , especially on Uncle Tom . If you got the stomach, grab it. Im a big fan of the BU boxsets, they do a fantastic job.

8. KR~!

KR~! The Apocalyptic Kid

I got it from Amazon for 60 something plus shipping, worth every penny.

The uncle tom movies are actually two completely different movies (well, not completely they do share some scenes but even those are presented differently).

The director's cut is like a documentary with dramatizations, and the normal one is a black comedy :nervous: :lol: no pun intended :eek:

It's a great set, Highly recommended!!!!

9. You scored a hell of a deal on the set KR~!

Amazon has it listed at $135 now. At $60 it was a friggin' steal! :D

10. betterdan

betterdan Guest

Got this the other day and I love it.

11. KR~!

KR~! The Apocalyptic Kid

I haven't even be able to see all the DVDs due to finals, work, and normal school stuff. I found the two Mondo Cane (Dog's World) flims to be quite charming and funny. If you was excepting to see faces of death type stuff, then this set isn't for you. Though the africa docs are suppose to be pretty grim, I haven't see it yet.