Anyone know what's up with Enigma Rosso A.K.A. Trauma?

Discussion in 'General' started by killit, Jan 14, 2007.

1. killit

killit Active Member

Is there any release of this??? It's a great film and I love Fabio Testi. Was watching La via della droga (The Heroin Busters) and remembering how awesome he is.

2. RyanPC

RyanPC Guest

I believe it's available on Mill Creek Entertainment's 50 movie Drive-In Movie Classics set.

3. eric_angelus

eric_angelus Testacular

Great movie! Yeah it is in that set mentioned above...I believe it is a copy of the great old Wizard Video VHS. I have yet to be able to find any international prints. I just watched the Wizard release a couple months ago, and it seemed to be complete...but I don't have anything to compare it to.

4. maskull

maskull I finally got an avatar!!! Yay!!

5. Angelman

Angelman OCD Blu Ray Collector

It is not as good as Solange, but if you liked Solange, you will like it.

Saw it on VHS about 5 years ago.

6. eric_angelus

eric_angelus Testacular

There is also a US DVD release under the title "Virgin Terror" that has to be the worst looking/sounding DVD I have ever seen. It is a buget bin release on a label called PMC. It is one of those horrible looking DVD covers that uses the Buffy the Vampire Slayer font and really terrible photoshop for all of it's covers.
    The print is identical to the Wizard VHS release with the exception of the fact that it loses a few seconds of footage at the opening credits (including the credit for Testi....whose name also does not appear anywhere on the cover). The audio sounds like a dishwasher is running through the whole movie. I am sure the release mentioned above is a much better choice than this.

7. DeathDealer

DeathDealer I Inhale Horror

That edition is considered the best to date. They have 3 variant covers (1 being LIMITED).

8. killit

killit Active Member

it's definately the dvd to get of this film, the others blow. It's funny cause the third cover with the naked girls on it, which I think is the best cover(not for those reasons!), sold out and the limited edition is still available, so what is the real limited edition?! Anyway, coincidentally I bought two copies, so If you want one pm me and I'll give it to you for what I paid for it, which was like 24 bucks or something

9. maskull

maskull I finally got an avatar!!! Yay!!

Thanks for the info guys.

10. blood vamp

blood vamp Guest

I just bought a widescreen print of this from European Trash Cinema,decent av.

11. f.ramses

f.ramses sociopath

I've been pretty unlucky with this one. I have the Wizard Video release but it's messed up. I think there is no audio and although there is picture my TV constantly shows a box that says "Weak or no signal" when I put this one in. I also have the Virgin Terror DVD, I actually didn't know it was the same movie because it was one of those DVD's I just bought because it was dirt cheap, not because I had any interest in it. Learning that it was the same movie from this thread I popped it in and immediately shut it off, this has to be one of the worst looking and sounding DVD's I've ever seen. I've had bootleg DVD-R's that have looked WAY better than this! The worst thing is that I was pretty excited to see this when I bought the Wizard tape so it looks like I'll be buying a 3rd copy of the same movie from another company someday... :/

Last edited: May 4, 2009
  12. eric_angelus

eric_angelus Testacular

Finally got to see a good looking widescreen DVD-R of this...I believe it is a port of New Entertainment disc, but not sure. In any event this is the best looking presentation I have ever seen of the film, easily blowing the shitty Virgin Terror disc out of the water. The movie itself plays very well for me. Probably the least strong part of the series, but still very enjoyable with a good turn from Fabio Testi as the cat loving cop with shoplifter girlfriend. The actual kills are pretty tame, with the nastier stuff (death by giant dildo) left to the imagination...but there is still plenty of sleazy fun to be had.