Anyone looking forward to Rob Zombie's H2

Discussion in 'Slashers' started by snowbeast323, Feb 25, 2009.

1. snowbeast323

snowbeast323 New Member

Given that it started shooting two days ago, i was wondering is anybody looking forward to seeing this film?

I really liked the remake.....but nothing can top the original for me...

I was saddened to hear that the sequel will not be a reimaging of the original Halloween II but instead a straight sequel to the renake itself.....

Is anyone looking forward to seeing it.....

I know that I am

2. zompirejoe

zompirejoe Active Member

No, I'm not !

3. fceurich39

fceurich39 Well-Known Member

i thought the remake was okay tyler mane did a great job of michael myers but some of the cast of this sequel is turning me off i don't think they needed to have sheri moon zombie,malcom mcdowell and daeg faerch back they are totally pointless in bringing them back i thought all 3 did a horrible job in the first one and atleast danielle harris and tyler mane are back i am happy about that.

after seeing and enjoying the friday the 13th and my bloody valentine remakes alot more than the halloween remake this one is going to be hard to beat those two films

4. spawningblue

spawningblue Deadite

I'll probably check it out, but it's not one I am really excited about, or counting down the days until. I thought the first one was alright, but I wasn't a fan of all the white trash and swearing in it. With Zombie back at the helm, I have a feeling all of that garbage will be back, actually it's pretty much confirmed with the casting of the people in the strip joint. I enjoy his movies mind you and think he is a good Director, but I think he is a horrible script writer when it comes to dialog. And where in movies like House or Devil's Rejects, it didn't stand out as much, in Halloween it definitely did. I'd like to see what he could do with a good script, instead of something he wrote.

5. JBPumpkin

JBPumpkin New Member

I'm looking forward to seeing this. But only because the first one was such an entertainingly terrible movie. (A supposedly poignant mother/son montage set to "Love Hurts"? Really?)

As much as I admire some of Zombie's work, it would be nice to see him move past the whole "white trash" aesthetic he's cultivating. Also... I respect his desire to cast genre vets in all of his pictures, but it can be be somewhat distracting when he just randomly inserts people into the film even though they may not serve the plot - or advance the story in any way.

6. thrashard76

thrashard76 Guest

No, the remake was pretty bad. So I'm not excited for the sequel.

7. wago70

wago70 Surviving on nostalgia

San Francisco - down by them two ol' sheds
    Nope - never saw his remake, either.

8. I'm a hardcore Slasher & Giallo collector and fanatic (it's about a whopping 46% of what I enjoy watching; I have Asperger's Syndrome and am forever trying to relive to thrills of seeing a lot of seminal classics as a young lad), so I will be there opening day. I quite like Rob's groove metal music some but especially I own his three 35mm films. I feel has his own way and I respect that, even if he's not always the most loved genre director out there, but he just has his own thing that I dig. Kinda hard to explain.

I also feel it'll be mostly superior, just as The Devil's Rejects was compared to (the still quite enjoyable, if ya ask me) House of a 1,000 Corpses. So yeah, I'm there opening day at noon or 1:00 showing (as I hate and loathe large crowds; I'm a total afternoon or noon guy when seeing a film). I'll normally go grab somethin' to eat from a restuarant or a the mini mall that has a fine food court that is only across the street from where I live (the Bossier City mall), and then I'm off to see it ...

9. maybrick

maybrick Well-Known Member

I won't see it unless I know beforehand that I'll be able to ignore the first film as if it never happened and just appreciate it as a straight up HALLOWEEN sequel.

10. gunner

gunner Cropsy Maniac

Will there be a trailer park in part 2??!!

11. Angelman

Angelman OCD Blu Ray Collector

There is no remake of Halloween.

There is only John Carpenter's Halloween.

12. Anthropophagus

Anthropophagus Well-Known Member

I hated Zombie's Halloween:White Trash Redux and thought it was awful in every way. Don't want to see this.

13. adric

adric New Member

im only looking forward to this in order to see danielle harris. meeee-owwww

14. SickNick89

SickNick89 Member

I enjoyed certain aspects of the remake. Daeg's preformance, the fact that Danielle Harris was back, the lack of current culture being thrown in your face ("hey, Annie have you seen my I-phone? I'm waiting for a text from Linda") but hated the whole white trash element and how Michael was reduced to a serial killer with a bad upbringing.
    With this sequel we will be dealing with an original story instead of a remake of something that we can hold it up to and make comparisons. I wasn't a fan of the TCM remake but I enjoyed Texas Chainsaw: The beginning for the same reason I hope to enjoy H2; It was an original story. That's the most you can hope for in this remake laden landscape.

Last edited: Feb 25, 2009
  15. othervoice1

othervoice1 Well-Known Member

I didnt hate this like many did- I thought it was okay- the prequal part I thought was pretty bad- the remake portion was pretty good IMO - It was a pretty impossible task anyways and was a bad idea from the start- and I didnt like the direction he went in the first part of the movie- just seemed dumb. But the remake portion of the film again was okay borderline good so a part 2 has a fair chance (to me) to be pretty good. I wont write this off to having no chance of being any good just yet

16. Dave

Dave Pimp

Kinda sad but this is the first Halloween movie that I will never see. Simply hated the remake.

17. allmessedup

allmessedup It's beer time.

Same here, and it's unusual for me because I usually end up liking remakes a lot more than other horror fans do. I liked his other films, and I'm not really a huge fan of the original series so I didn't automatically assume that the remake would be a total POS, but man, was it ever. Just a mess.

18. shape22

shape22 Well-Known Member

I'm sure I'll see this. But I'm not excited or optimistic. Add me to the list of die-hard Myers fanatics who HATED Zombie's "re-imagining." He missed the whole point of Carpenter's original. Evil doesn't need cheesy tacked-on motivation. And Michael doesn't need to be 14-feet tall either.

Zombie has proven himself to be a one-trick pony at this point. Does anyone really think this sequel will offer anything we haven't already seen from him?

19. allmessedup

allmessedup It's beer time.

Some of it was that the movie is really difficult to remake without falling into Gus van Sant PSYCHO territory, which I guess is why he felt the need to do the backstory in order to prevent it from turning into that sort of thing. But it didn't work, and once the movie did get back to a re-telling of the original, it pretty much was a slower, less engaging, more inept copy of the original film.

20. WesReviews

WesReviews Active Member

From my "ROB ZOMBIE: AUTEUR" fan fiction series over at the Friday board... ;)

Rob Zombie's H2 Interview Part 1 - Bloody-Distrusting.com, February 7 2009

BD: We'd like to thank you, Rob for coming by and speaking with us a bit. Practically everyone on the net is looking forward to what you'll be doing with H2. Halloween was so brilliant and we know you'll continue that genius of yours.

RZ: (Tilts head to the side) I just tell it like it is man. Those slasher movies of a long time ago they were so fucking phoney and soft. I mean masks, what kinda bitch hog wears a mask when they fucking kill you know? That's not reality. I didn't even want my Michael to wear a mask. It wasn't till Bill Mosely came to the set of Halloween one day and was fucking around with the mask that I thought... long hair plus white mask equals one harsh mutherfucker. So, that's when I made the decision to keep the mask. Threw a fucking wig on Tyler. The rest is horror history, man.

BD: Simply amazing. Though a few, like two or three people on the net are a little pissed off by the inclusion of certain character types in your Halloween movies. Most recently, the "obsessed corpse fucker".

RZ: (scratching his goatee) But yeah, I fucking figured slasher movies are all the fucking same, you know. But if I add a guy fucking a corpse...then you've really fucking got something, you know?

BD: That's so great. Now, what of the scene where Myers allegedly pushes an old lady down the stairs and then urinates on her paralyzed body?

RZ (runs his fingers through is long, uncombed, unwashed hair) Well I mean, you know it's a harsh, harsh world, man. Fucking shit like that really happens in day to day life and Myers is like a reflection of all the fucking evil in the fucking world, man. He's not so much a shape as he is a mirror. If he IS a shape, he's fucking shaped like a mirror. Any mirror. A fucking wicked mirror.

BD: That could get a little controversial with die-hard fans, but I think the idea is brilliant. Just fucking brilliant!

RZ: (scratches his goatee again) Well yeah, I mean and it's worth noting that as Michael pisses on her moaning, twitching saggy-assed body... he doesn't move a fucking muscle, man. I wanted to pay homage to fucking Dick Warlock there. You know, for the fans. They say I don't listen, but I do. That one's for the fans. He's like this fucking creepy crazed serial robot killing machine and he's fucking pissing on this old bitch because he's Michael fucking Myers and he is HARSH and EXTREME.

BD: Now, in the last movie, we got some of the classic Carpenter themes, because I'm sure if you didn't people would bitch, but actually, everyone loves you so I doubt they would raise much fuss and if they do, fuck 'em you know? But you also included some actual songs. "Love Hurts" by Nazareth was a particular favorite. Any similar songs in H2?

RZ: (scratches his uncombed hair, finds something, then flicks it to the side) Well, it's still early in the going but I can sort of imagine shit like "Bad Company" by Bad Company starting off the movie, you know? Because if anybody on the planet is bad fucking company, it's Michael fucking Myers. So I've got this fucking wicked scene at the start, the resurrection scene, set to "Bad Company". Michael sits up puts the mask back on, because in one of the cuts I think the mask flew off when Laurie shot him in the face. I'm not sure which cut is the right cut, so I'm just starting there, you know? So he picks his mask up and then lights a cig. Just standing there being fucking evil and harsh. He's so evil, he doesn't need to do evil shit. Just standing there and smokes. Baaaaaad company till the day I die!

PART 2 OF ROB'S INTERVIEW COMING SOON! ;)