Anyone looking forward to Rob Zombie's H2

Discussion in 'Slashers' started by snowbeast323, Feb 25, 2009.

1. Zombie Dude

Zombie Dude Well-Known Member

No, less. That's the complete mask. I'm guessing that we'll see more of the rotted one.

2. Cydeous

Cydeous Axxon N

I thought that the trailer looked good and I liked the first one so I'll be checking this out for sure. There is a lot of hate for Zombie on this thread... just don't support the movie, that will speak louder than insults.

3. dave13

dave13 Well-Known Member

its a funny situation, because im sure most of those who are vehemently opposed to zombie and his version of halloween will probably end up seeing it anyways! i know that i haven't enjoyed a single film the man has made, and this looks to be more of the same...but im still gonna go see it. fucking curiosity!

you know what the best solution is, in my mind? everyone who doesn't want to support this movie, buy a ticket to something else in the theater that you'd like to support, then walk into H2. that way we can all satisfy our insatiable curiosity, while not supporting the film.

4. bigdaddyhorse

bigdaddyhorse Detroit Hi-on

Fuck that, we have to support horror films, if we don't, who will? The tweens aren't gonna line up for this, and if they do they'll be buying tickets for something else too.

Your idea could lead to even more Twillight sequels and kill some original horror flicks since Hollywood is just a numbers game. Put down the hater-aide and throw your $7.50 (or whatever a matinee ticket costs near you) into the pot. You know you want to see it, even if just to hate on it you want to see it.:p (Not a personal attack by any means, this goes out to everyone who's hating).

My girlfriend and I just watched the trailer and will be there opening day. We both love almost everything we saw. But Sherri's ghost? I accept the fact that she will be in every movie Rob ever makes, but find a better way to incorporate her. That was a bit too close to Friday the 13th for our tastes.
    Everything else looks fucking badass!

5. fceurich39

fceurich39 Well-Known Member

agreed it does look awesome except Sherri's ghost

6. I agree 100%. I'm a big time Slasher (and Giallo) fanatic, and shall be there opening day with a smile :D

7. snowbeast323

snowbeast323 New Member

I think its so bad that so many people are against these films.....

8. shockwave

shockwave New Member

Agreed. I like Rob Zombie's music, but he can't make a good movie to save his life, and must he have the same cast in each movie and yes your wife is hot, can she act? Fuck No. Leave her out of that shit, god, and you know the whole white trash killer thing got old real quick. This is why I hate remakes/reimagings/reboots/retard. God I swear from H20 they've gotten worse and worse. No mask, no score, white trash and beards and his wife(again)=crap(again).

You're right, I guess the moral of the story here is remakes suck almost 99 percent of the time, so if you want to do something diffrent, don't call it Halloween.

Last edited: Apr 30, 2009
  9. dave13

dave13 Well-Known Member

no worries man, i dont take it personal. yeah, i guess its not such a great idea, although i doubt that even if everyone who visits this site did exactly what i suggested that it would make any kind of difference.

as an aside, i dunno if H2 really qualifies as an "original horror flick"

10. bigdaddyhorse

bigdaddyhorse Detroit Hi-on

Touche!
    If this does come out the same day as Final Destination 3-D, then I might not pay for it either. If they line up on the same side of Showcase, it's up to the time Gods to determine which gets a ticket bought (although I may have to buy FD for the glasses, unless it's the same system My Bloody Valentine used, cuz I kept my glasses while everyone else threw them in the recycle bin.:)) As much as I'd love to support both, the jew and gangsta in me won't allow me to walk back to the lobby and buy another ticket when I could just walk right in for free.:D

11. Kolpitz

Kolpitz Purely and Simply Evil

I couldn't agree less with this statement. I've never understood paying to see a movie that you know you're going to hate, "just out of curiosity." I don't have to pay to see movies and I still wouldn't even waste my time with H2. Seeing House of 1000 Corpses was enough to convince me that Zombie should've stayed in music. Seeing The Devil's Rejects cemented that idea. I'm still proud to say that, even with the original Halloween being my favorite horror film of all time and having seen every other sequel numerous times, I've still yet to see Zombie's remake. I'm not curious in the slightest to watch a movie that I know I will absolutely desipse, let alone its sequel. I vehemently oppose Zombie, his version of Halloween and his filmmaking "skills" in general and I can, with 100% certainty, proclaim that I will never see this film.

I'm also not sure I agree with this statement. Those of us who hate Zombie with a passion didn't support the first movie ... and it still made a profit. Now, Dimension and Zombie think they made a great movie and are having another go at it. So, once again, if all the Zombie haters and those who hated the first remake were to not support this film ... it would still make money from everyone else. From the Zombie faithful to the curious masochists to the general public who don't know any better ... they'll all see this film opening weekend. And, once again, Dimension and Zombie will do their victory dance and Zombie will get to continue making movies. Not supporting his movies does NOTHING. All I'm left with is pointless internet bitching and sheer Rob Zombie hatred. Let me have that, at least.

12. maybrick

maybrick Well-Known Member

While I've always been a Halloween diehard, I gave Zombie's rendition a chance but I flat out refuse to see this sequel. It blew any good will I had, and depending on how many people there were in the audience that felt the same way this sequel has the potential to go down in flames. HARD.

13. MrVess

MrVess Guest

Here's a high-resolution take of the latest from the inbred cretin: :D
    [​IMG]

It instantly reminded me of a recent film by a far better storyteller and director:
    [​IMG]

By the way, I'll bet there'll be a "rob zombie" poster somewhere in the vicinity of that Alice Cooper one.

14. fceurich39

new trailer is out i really am looking forward to this movie the halloween franchise is probably my fav horror franchise i like all the halloween movies even part 3,resurrection and the remake H2 looks like it will be waaaaaaay better than the remake check out the new trailer
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cXYRoMS8lX4

15. Grim

Grim Well-Known Member

Yeah I just posted this in the other thread in the reader polls. Hope the Sheri Moon stuff got axed.

16. fceurich39

cool though i sure hope so that is the only thing i'm worried about maybe mrs myers ghost will only be available in the deleted scenes or the almost certain director's cut i kinda doubt sheri moon would be completly cut out of the movie though

17. MorallySound

MorallySound Mad Mutilator

Really liking that new trailer!

18. springjack

springjack New Member

I really loved the trailer...
    For the looks of it, seems that Rob Zombie is still good at making films.

Just don?t compare this to the original...
    The original was a classic suspense movie and Rob Zombie?s version was a great slasher.
    The original Halloween 2 is more of a slasher, and for me a very good one.
    The new Halloween 2 is going to be compared to the original cause is also a slasher.
    Let?s see how it woks out.
    Having Michael without a mask is no problem, as long as he doesn?t show his face.

At least give credit to the man for making such different remakes...
    Today, almost all the remakes are copy/paste of the original ones...

Excepions:
    Texas Chainsaw Massacre
    Night Of The Living Dead (1990)
    Dawn Of The Dead
    Friday The 13th

Looking forward for the Stepfather remake and the It?s Alive remake.
    Don?t know why but I kinda liked the trailers of these two.
    ________
    Vega

Last edited: Mar 20, 2011
  19. othervoice1

othervoice1 Well-Known Member

As I have said before I didnt hate his reimaging of Halloween but I didnt think it was that good either. The prequal portion I thought was awful which is really kind of what sunk it, but when it hit the part where it became more of the remake I actually thought that was pretty decent. Since Halloween 2 was quite different from the first one I hold out hope he will do a bit better with this one, but I wasnt real impressed with the Sherri Moon ghost sequences I saw in the trailer. And since this was the trailer I saw in the movie theatre I kinda doubt they plan on cutting it from the movie but we will see.

20. Yes, I'll be seeing it opening day. Count me as one of the few who flatout LOVED the frist one, and I'm glad this more gritty Batman Begins-esque reboot of the series has come along. I'll be there will bells on. I will, however, admit that I can see why only so many of us like it and many loathe it, however, to each they're own.