Anyone looking forward to Rob Zombie's H2

Discussion in 'Slashers' started by snowbeast323, Feb 25, 2009.

1. J.C.

J.C. Guest

Yeah, Im gonna see it.

2. Grim

Grim Well-Known Member

Dude what puritanical world did you grow up in? Chicks in my highschool talked worse than that. Gals in college are even worse. Maybe not like that all the time in public, but when they're with their friends (boys and girls both), they'll cuss like fucking sailors. I dunno, maybe its just my generation. If that's the case, then Zombie's dialogue is an accurate representation of 21st century high school life.

3. I am looking forward to H2. I liked the Halloween remake a lot and I'm a big fan of Rob Zombie. Nothing will top the original, that is a known fact. I've said this to people before; they could not have gotten anyone better to remake the film than Zombie. I mean who else could have pulled it off? Marcus Nispel? Umm...fuck no! Any of the Platinum Dunes douchebags? Nope! All those people who remake 80's slasher flicks into PG-13 dreck? Because you know that is the route they would have gone had Zombie not taken the gig. The movie would have been remade with or without Zombie, and believe me, things would have been much worse. At least Zombie has no aspirations to appeal to teeny-boppers, though I will say that I hope he moves away from the whole Southern Gothic thing this time around. After the F13 remake I am officially sick of that style.

4. othervoice1

othervoice1 Well-Known Member

Plenty of girls I knew growing up talked much worse then they did in the movie- and I am sure they talked even worse then what I heard when they were by themselves- so I found that aspect to be actually more realistic

5. rhett

rhett Administrator

I knew girls in high school who would talk shit, too, but it's the way they talk in Zombie's film that makes them so off base. Each and every character in that movie sounds like Rob Zombie, so all that gritty provocation of his quickly becomes numbing sameness throughout. Plus, when we're talking about the vulgarities these girls use, it's not like these are the badass outspoken rebels of the school. This is Laurie "omg did Ben Tramer look at me" Strode, previously the most prim and innocent woman in all of horror. Now she's holding bagels up for breasts talking about how old men ogle over her tits to her parents? Sure, Robert.

I'd rather wipe my ass with a porcupine than see the sludge Zombie spews to pick up a paycheck.

6. rhett

rhett Administrator

One of the best forum quotes in awhile.

7. Matt89

Matt89 Well-Known Member

:nervous: OUCH :nervous:

~Matt

8. Vlachio

Vlachio Guest

Have you ever actually tried that? :eek2:

9. Zombie Dude

Zombie Dude Well-Known Member

For his sake I hope not. I don't even want to think about the pain that'd cause.

10. Vlachio

Vlachio Guest

Yeah but he might be experienced at having stuff in his ass. :D

11. Zombie Dude

Ouch. That call may wound him worse than a porcupine to the butt.:lol:

12. Vlachio

Vlachio Guest

What, what in the but! I said whut, whut in the but! :nervous:

13. Zombie Dude

I love Butters.:glasses:

14. NaturesMistake

NaturesMistake Member

No.

Will I see it?
    Yes.

Will I hate it?
    Yes.

15. Vlachio

Vlachio Guest

16. Zombie Dude

17. MrVess

MrVess Guest

Apparently, "zombie" upgrades the look. From "Trailer Town" to "Deliverance". Yee-haw, Michael!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

18. *LMAO* Christ, I had no idea so many here went to school with male sailors trapped in teenage girls bodies. j/k ;)

Sure, I knew of girls who cussed, but for fuck sakes, they DIDN'T spew the type of stuff Rob had written for them, and they also seem'd a bit quieter about it. Seem'd to me it was almost always not normal conversation, but instead, much more "girl talk" shit. Such as: "Oh such & such said this, will fuck her and her future hubby who's gonna be livin' in the trailer park with her after graduation, with nine God damn kids", ect.

I actually LIKE A LOT Mr. Robert Cummings (Zombie's real name, for all three that don't know) movies, and own all of'em. Hell I own the 3-disc edition, as a Slasher series completeist that I am, with the wonderfully self-indulgent over 4 1/3 making of his 2007 re-imagining that I quite liked for several seasons and will defend, flaws and all.

But he simply HAS to stop letting every-single-fucking-character talk like Sid fucking Haig, for Christ fucking sakes (anyone turely getting this?), with characters saying swear words that everyone else in the real world would find bad manners and just plain rude as all Hell. After all, I'm sure typing out "I think she blew her fuckin' head off" (concerning Mrs. Myers suicide shortly after she saw little Mikey's latest mini murder spree inside Smith's Grove), when I'm sure "The poor thing blew her head off" whouldn't have drastically changed the overall course of the film, if ya know what I mean. Bottom line: Yeah, that stuff kinda get's tiresome (that whole foul mouth sailer way of talking) in a regular 98 minute runing time feature film, over time for a lot of us. Was just sayin' is all.

Also here is news of Daeg Faerch being re-cast on the H2 set in Atlanta:

http://www.fangoria.com/home/news/9-film-news/1599-daeg-faerch-to-be-recast-in-zombies-h2.html

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 4, 2009
  19. Zombie Dude

Honestly, what is with that beard. Is it purposely for the movie or does Tyler think he looks manly with a shit load of facial hair?

Oh, BTW, you can see the gunshot wound in the side of his head.

20. Kolpitz

Kolpitz Purely and Simply Evil

There is no part of me that is looking forward to this "film." As the saying goes, "Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me." I hated House of 1000 Corpses, yet I subjected myself to The Devil's Rejects and that's a mistake that I won't make again. Despite having several opportunities to see the Halloween remake, for free no less, I have stuck to my guns and avoided it. I have no desire to watch Rob Zombie bend my favorite horror movie over and anally rape it. Putting aside his deficiencies as a director, and more so as a screenwriter, Zombie's white trash aesthetics just don't jive at all with Halloween. Even though I'm not the biggest fan of The Strangers, I would rather see a filmmaker like Bryan Bertino tackle Halloween, as he seems to be at least trying to go for suspense. It doesn't even have to be him (as I'm aware that he hadn't made a film yet when the Halloween remake came out) just someone with his sensibilities. I think Stevan Mena could've done a great job, even if he had already pretty much made Halloween with Malevolence. On top of his lack of talent, Zombie has got to be the biggest sell-out, hypocritical douche bag out there. Back when House of 1000 Corpses was coming out, he was doing an interview with Fangoria, I believe, and they asked him what he thought about the then upcoming remake of The Texas Chainsaw Massacre and his response was somewhere along the lines of "What's the point? That would be like remaking Halloween." Yes, Rob, yes it would. But, I believe, in another interview he actually stated something to the effect of Halloween being outdated and not very good anymore. Fast forward to 2007, when he was asked if he would do a sequel to Halloween and his answer was (paraphrasing again), "No, one's enough for me. I mostly did it so I could get other projects off the ground." Here we are, 2009, and good ol' Rob is directing the hip H2. Keep up that fighting, independent spirit, Rob. You're not sucking Hollywood's cock at all! And, now this image of Michael Myers, re-imagined as Rob Zombie himself from the cover of "Hellbilly Deluxe" (or any Rob Zombie album cover, for that matter)! It wasn't enough for all of his characters (male or female, good or evil) to talk and act like him, now they're going to look like him too! Fantastic! I can definitively say that I'll be skipping this one, as well.