Anyone looking forward to Rob Zombie's H2

Discussion in 'Slashers' started by snowbeast323, Feb 25, 2009.

1. SickNick89

SickNick89 Member

I'm with you. I don't know about high school today but chicks didn't talk like that when I was in high school and I was only in high school 12 years ago. If thats what girls are like now thank god i'm not a teenager now. I'm not offended by cursing AT ALL but it makes for the least sympathetic characters when all they are talking about is "flashing snatch" and "dried up old bitches".

2. spawningblue

spawningblue Deadite

Good call, I would have loved to see his take on Halloween, as there were a couple moments in that film that reminded me of Carpenter's style. Maybe for one of the destined to be sequels!

3. spawningblue

spawningblue Deadite

Maybe they didn't just talk like that in front of you. I always thought girls were nice and innocent too, as most of them come off that way in public. Then I had the joy of sitting with a group of girls in college and hearing what they actually talk about in their private groups and wow, from that point on I truly believe that women are way more disgusting then men when it comes to sex talk. And I'm not talking slutty girls either, like the nicest, most proper women. I'm not stereotyping here or anything as I'm sure there are some that don't talk like that, but I definitely believe women can be as gross if not grosser then men when it comes to perverted talk.

4. Wanted to say to SickNick and spawningblue, I'm enjoying for whatever rason, our little side talk abotu the "true" girl-talk shit. ;) Don't know why though.

Like SickNick, most only spoke lite PG-13 swearing shit around me; occasionally a fuck but very little "cunts" as I remember, for wahtever reason. But I do know when it comes to Divorce and sex talk, from listening in on my sister-in-law's friends and my sister Lori's friends from the past, and aunts and shit, that women indeed can a lot of the times "out vulger" us men. Although a fair bit of warning to them: This lonely guy has quite the imagination, if you all will ...
    ;)

5. SickNick89

SickNick89 Member

Also when you make a movie you only have an hour and change to create a character and let the audience connect with them so even if girls talk like sailors why inject the characters with only that kind of dialog? everyone shits too but how often do you see your movie hero on the can in a movie? everyone shits, no one really wants to see it in a movie.

6. Harry Warden

Harry Warden Well-Known Member

Been reading some of the posts in this thread and I am amazed at those who seem offended by the vulgar language in Zombie's films. You must be kidding, right?? These films are R rated, meant for those who are 17 or older. In other words, adults. Despite the fact that you may hate Zombie's revisioning of Halloween, it's a SLASHER film, filled with heavy metal music and characters that are DISFUNCTIONAL folks!! I don't know what type of moral social climate that those who are offended by this language are living in, but I don't think the horror genre is for you. I work at a large college and trust me, the environment has changed. The language that I hear, vulgar and all, is second nature to the youth of today. I'm not saying its acceptable or not acceptable, for it doesn't offend me in the least, but if you are really surprised and offended by this vulgarity, I think that you need to get out into the world a little more and experience life rather than judge fictional characters on their choice of words.

7. His remake was better the Friday the 13th.... idc what you say. It might have hadd no comic releif and it might not be as true to the original as everyone thought it would be, but it was far from horrible. When you look at the source material which is a pretty badly aged hack n slash, featuring a moth eaten storyline and some very effective stalking scenes it wasn't a bad re-imagining. Maybe its cause i have a love for extreme horror and grindhouse films, but to me Rob Zombies film brought life into Micheal for a change and i don't blame you guys for giving him flack. Although he missed most of the effective stalking scenes and the slow progression of the original, he added a modern feel with some very nice latex gore effects (No CGI here) and he gave Micheal more of a backstory then Carpenter ever even attempted to.

Being more a fan of Jason Voorhees myself, I found the Halloween remake a damn good excersize in tension and it actually seemed like a realistic portrayal of a mass murder spree. After all he's not a serial killer he's a Mass murderer, and Carpenter didn;t take advantage of the MASS until part 2... Zombie's film feels more like a killing spree then any of the previous halloween films did. Micheal was a pissed off killing machine killing EVERYONE in his path, like a realistic mass murderer would and he didn't let up till the conclusion. Sure theirs some potty mouth in the film and he's not an ace director yet, but their was plenty to like if your actually know the consept he was going for.

8. SickNick89

SickNick89 Member

Your missing (my point at least). I mentioned in my previous post that I'm not offended by vulgar language, In fact I probably have the biggest trucker mouth on the east coast. However, i am film fan who wants more out of their horror films than a heavy mental soundtrack and blood thrown on the walls. save that shit for the teeny bopper SAW kids. I like likable characters that fit the world the movie takes place in. I loved the characters Rob created for HO1TKC and DR and that dialog works for them. Halloween is about middle class suburban america torn apart by the boogeyman. When the whole world is vulgar their is no distinction between Michaels world and Laurie's. We are supposed to like these characters. Linda talking about her cunt and pouring soda on a girls head 11 seconds into her introduction dosen't do much for me.
    So yes, these are R-rated films but does that mean you need to throw in every unnecessary over-the-top cliché you can think of just so the film is "badass".

As for "the horror genre not being for me". Son, I was going to see horror films in the theater before you could say "Scream 3 is tha greatest". I'm not trying to be a douche but you shouldn't assume that people aren't a fan of something just because they don't see it the same way as you.

Last edited: Mar 5, 2009
  9. Well now, I'm NOT offended, but we're just kinda laughing at it all, since like many, I never knew of chicks to CONSTANTLY talk like that.

I socialize pretty regularly; I am a Massause/physical thereapist, and I would never openly talk like that in front of costumers. Nor did that many of the young females I hung around with back in the day talk like that. It's Rob Zombie's imagination of how HE thinks young girls talk, which I find utterly so false and infinately amusing. I'm sorry and hope that doesn't bother you or anyone else, as I said, I quite liked this now infamously (mostly) loathed re-imagining of John Carpenter's seminal classic, and own two copies of it (the regular unrated 2-disc set, and the unrated 3-disc set just for the overly long "Michael Lives" making of feature, cause I'm a completeist).

This is now the second time here, joking or not, that someone has said that "such & such might not be a big genre fan", and I'm sorry but I own well over 800 films on DVD (tons of them Slashers and Giallo; see the recent Slasher thread I made and plan to keep goin'), which is a sizeable collection for someone who started buying & ordering them way back in early '02. I don't always have money for bullshit such as the fiberglass hockey masks and screen accurate Shape masks and framed posters, but that can come later on in life. And I consider myself a big genre fanatic and collector. Again language doesn't bother me or anyone else here; it's just (in a bad way) amusing as all fuck cause many of us have never known girls to act in such a goofily vulger (if there is such a word) way as Laurie's two best friends do in the film.

Also the film isn't "filled with heavy metal music", I wanted to add. Don't wanna be a prick, but as with Rob's first two films, it had a perdominately middle-of-the-road '70s Arena Rock and '70s pop soundtrack. Although with Blue Oyster Cult and Mr. Alice Cooper on there, I see what you mean. I bought the soundtrack it's first week of release, by the way. Sorry but just wanted to clear that up for those who've might not seen it yet. I found both halfs interesting, although I quickly wanted to see said dysfunctional family make they're end at the hands of young Michael's first taking up of a large butcher knife, reguardless of how ridiculous (damn, his drunk step father must've REALLY been passed out drunk if he slept through all of that duct taping).

I'm actually looking forward to the sequel, but I want it to be even dark in tone and some things changed around. The Devil's Rejects was a big improvement on his first film. Hopefully this will be as well. Though I see what you ment from your post, though just wanted to note I was never truely "shocked" for Christ sakes. LOL

Great post, Nick. Truely, man. :D

Again, stageblood, tits & ass and amusing dialogue is all well 'n all, but a little more atmosphere and less shaking camera work indede, go a VERY long way, my friends. It's all I'm sayin' even as a fan is there is obvious room for improvement ...

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 5, 2009
  10. SickNick89

SickNick89 Member

Yes, whatever happened to setting an atmosphere and letting the scene unfold infront of you without shoving it down your throat 1000 miles an hour MTV style.
    I too own 2 copies of RZ's Halloween (blu ray UNRATED and DVD of the theatrical version) and while the film is filled with problems I can take away good elements too. So my rants are not those of a total RZ hater.

11. Fistfuck

Fistfuck Slowest to 2000 posts

I think of it like this: if you replaced the word "fuck" with "obtuse," how quickly would the dialogue become annoying? Would you not question the depth of the writer's skill? Similarly, if you're going for reality, why not overuse "like" and "um?" Have you ever listened to anyone over the age of 12 speak recently? And I'm not just talking about teenagers. America's ability to articulate has drastically declined.

And the argument about reality is moot. This is the horror genre, afterall. We worship a man with pins stuck in his head who lives in a Rubiks Cube. Fiction filmmaking is not reality. We're allowed to suspend disbelief and believe that 15-year olds talk like Dawson Leery and that people can actually be as witty as they are in Kevin Smith films. Vulgarity has its use and effectiveness, but anything done in excess of moderation can illuminate the deficencies of its creator(s).

12. Hmmm I just now realized somethin' a bit off-topic: The vast majority of posters recent have been from the state of Pennsylvania. Nice to meet ya all (originally from the alright subburbs of Jackson, Tennessee here) ...
    :D

13. Vlachio

Vlachio Guest

When are you going to make me some mashedtatorsngruhavy yall? So do you have a southern accent? I have more a spanglish accent myself.

14. SickNick89

SickNick89 Member

seriously,

FistFuck, do you go to Exhumed Films in philly?

15. Grim

Grim Well-Known Member

I only thought the dialogue felt forced and out of place with stuff concerning Forsythe and Moon and the scene with Ken Foree. Maybe some of the stuff with janitors too. Other than that, it was all gravy. Loved it. And yeah I knew his name was Robert Cummings, but when was the last time he used that? The credits of Airheads?

16. Ah, I don't talk like that, I'm afriad. :rolleyes:;)

*LOL* Spanglish? Christ, I haven't thought of that word since the last James L. Brooks picture I've seen.

And no, only a hint of a 'mild draw'. Think of the late/great stand-up comic Bill Hicks who is in my quote and my avatar (provided you've heard of him; check YouTube for clips real quick).

Hmm Arizona, huh? I heard it's somewhat nice out there in the liveable places, such as Mesa, Scottsdale (always wanted to go there for some reason; don't ask me why), Phoenix, Flagstaff, the boarder town of Bisbee (home of another fine comic Doug Stanhope for the last few years), ect.

I've always been a tiny bit self-loathing about being from behind the Mason Dixon Line, just cause so many people loathe the absolute shit outta the south here in my country. Of course if Arizona was filled with douches, can't say I would live it much. Admitedly there are some shockingly ignorant, soul crushing super-serious people here. Of course, that also accounts (sadly) for a lot of the mainland of the U.S. here, so I'm not afraid to speak my mind.

Pennsylvania no doubt being in lower New England territory, get's beyond cold as all fuck in the Winter time, though I still wanna see Pittsburgh one day (over a summer vacation time, of course) cause I love me some fuckin' Romero films, and I wanna look and take DVD-R camcorder shots of all of his famed shooting locations. The Camp NeBeBosCo in Blairstown, New Jersey as well (sites from the first film as well, such as the diner which suppsoedly always welcomes fans, ect).

Alright, sorry again for the bit of off-topic ranting there. I have Asperger's Syndrome.

Yeah I also agree with Grim that it was all in all, as I said flaws and all, a pretty good film. NEVER understood all of the fan boy bitching, though I knew it was bound to happen.

Here's to hoping that Halloween 2 will be even better ...

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 5, 2009
  17. Vlachio

Vlachio Guest

Your replies need to come with instructions.

I love Bill Hicks great and most underrated comedian ever. Arizona is nice I love it. I don't deal with assholes anymore sense moving here. Which is quite refreshing to be around kinder people. If not for my relatives I might not feel the same. They really keep me focused and happy. No need to apologize for going off topic. Your rant and our change of topic are better then any zombie film. I'd rather finger fuck my asshole and give myself a likable warm melted chocolate finger treat then watch his crap. I've never tried but if any of you want first taste test I will gladly share.

18. Sorry Vlachio, but I didn't get the first part. I always kinda thought I went out of my way to make pretty good, lengthy and better spelled replies then most (hope that didn't come off ass arrogant or whatnot). I'm afraid ya lost me there a bit, mi amigo.

Oh long life he who came in the name of Goatboy (aka: Hicks), the last great of the social critic stand-up comedians. Although we do still have the currently living (out in Bessbee, no less) Doug Stanhope, as I mentioned, but that is in theory. He tours relentlessly, and he is in about as bad a shape as ol' Lenny Bruce was before he kicked the bucket (damn has Stanhope gotten big/bloated over the years).

I'm glad that it seem's Arizona is mostly free of assholes. I still wanna see the major cities over there, some day, but Canada's and Europe's first, as my own country that I'm stuck in of course shall forever be here (and yeah, I know those places as well). Oh I wasn't appologizing; though I might have kinda half ass did in a way, as I know I can go off-topic a lot, since for now the film (Zombie's H2) is being filmed, and alas, we can't of course talk about a few simple on set pics that have just begun to be released from the first week of filming.

I was just curious after checking your most recent posts and with how you write: Where did you move from (before going to Arizona)? Again, was just curious.

Like I said I'll be there opening day for Halloween 2 ('09) [Damn, so many Slasher series sequels; first there was an obscure and super shit Hills Have Eyes 2, and there is now also a mainstream and just as shit-tacular Hills Have Eyes 2 from '07]. Of course I didn't really mind the last and I'm a huge Slasher fanatic, though I just hope it's an improvement over the last. Shall be interesting to see the cast and everything come together for all of this, as i find it interesting how Rob works and such.

19. Vlachio

Vlachio Guest

I was being sarcastic in a sweet way not an mean spirited way. It's quite difficult to show emotions through words posted. I was hoping to make you smile and I guess I epic failed. I also don't think you come off arrogant. It's very kind of you to reply in such well thought out words. The lengthy replies are very cool and fun to read. I tend not to be very good at expressing myself in the same manner. I usually just bolt out whatever is on my mind. There are others who actually take well thought out time to say meaningful comments. Which is very much what you do. Ok well I hope I don't come off as redundant. [[pinches your nose]]

I'm willing to bet you already have this DVD. Bill Hicks Live - Satirist, Social Critic, Stand-Up Comedian It's quite nice and one of my favorite ever. This dude had me floored. The difference between him and other comedians is quite simple. Bill Hicks told it like is and didn't hold back the punches. Love him or hate he told everybody WTF is up.
    [​IMG]

Anyway send me a PM if possible. I don't want to go too off topic. Sorry snowbeast323 I will keep the jokes down to a limit.

[​IMG]
    "Open wide bitch!"

Hahahahahahaha now THAT is funny! Please, please keep that shit coming! :lol:

20. And I shall, my good man. ;)

By the way, here is from my Photobucket pages, as I wanted to show I already have the majority of Hick's stuff, plus a good slightly older friend, Jennifer from Kentucky, burned me some fine stuff as well years ago. But here's what I got from Goatboy:

http://s205.photobucket.com/albums/bb226/brandon_thy_name/?action=view&current=Legend_of_GoatBoy.jpg

Hard to believe just a few days' ago was the 15th anniversary of his death. :(

Why thank you. ;) Having Asperger's Syndrome, I often times have trouble reading emotions (it's a very, very large Aspie character trait, believe it or not), so it was probably my bad. *grin*

Ya if I post regularly like I'm doin' not at a place, I try to give some pretty good, leangthy replies. I'll save the rest of these for PMs between all of us as I don't wanna get yelled at (and probably rightfully so) for goin' off topic here.

A PM is to come in a while. Gotta say I had almost about the mid '80s obscure Hills Have Eyes 2. Fuck, that whole "flashback from the dog's perspective"--Craven, the fuck were you smokin', man ??? :eek1::eek::confused: