Anyone looking forward to Rob Zombie's H2

Discussion in 'Slashers' started by snowbeast323, Feb 25, 2009.

1. I enjoy Rob Zombies Grindhouse style, although a bit extreme his Devils Rejects was an absolute crowd pleaser. Myself having been sheerly dissapointed with House of 1000 Corpses, I knew he was onto something with his idea of making a film that was a cross between exploitation and a Western, Still very glad he pulled it off.

Halloween was due for a remake, sure you might not all enjoy Rob Zombies Re-imagining, but I found it very true to the feel of a Mass Murderer. Something almost all slasher films have been trying to pull off since the 80's,is presenting a mass murderer in a realistic feeling way, kudo's to any man who pulls it off that smoothly. After-all he wasn't a serial killer he was a masked pyscho on a rampage. Sometimes amatuer seeming in execution, I am impressed he hasn't exploited his fame to secure a cast of all well knowns; at the very least he knows what it takes to create B-movie cult films aka Unknown actors (cept a few).

I will say his choice of not having Micheal silently stalk and persue his victims was dissapointing but it didn't ruin the film as a whole. I found ikt much more entertaining then the Friday the 13th Remake. So yes, i'm looking forward to seeing his take on Mass Murderer on a rampage in a hospital. Needles in the eyeball anyone??? :-D

2. snowbeast323

snowbeast323 New Member

Oh yes.....

This film just got interesting.....

Margot Kidder is to play Laurie's therapist :D

3. spawningblue

spawningblue Deadite

Okay whatever slim hope I had for this film is now gone. At first I thought this was an April Fool's joke, but I'm like, wait a second, April Fool's Day was last week. Anyways, it has been officially announced that Michael Myers in the new sequel will only wear the mask about 30% of the movie!?!?! The rest of the movie he will be a bearded homeless guy wearing a ripped up hoodie. I kid you not! Why the hell even call this Halloween, honestly now? Sounds like it'll be more of a sequel to The Devil's Rejects more then anything. Not like the first film felt much like a Halloween movie anyways, but this is just ridiculous!

Here's the article.

http://www.shocktillyoudrop.com/news/topnews.php?id=10154

And it looks like it is coming out the same day as Final Destination 3-D. I hope, and know, FD 3-D will kill it box office wise, and hopefully put an end to this Halloween raping.

Last edited: Apr 8, 2009
  4. shape22

shape22 Well-Known Member

Zombie needs to be burned at the stake. Did you see the Zombie interview where he said that he wasn't going to use the Carpenter Halloween theme because it didn't fit this movie?

http://www.joblo.com/arrow/index.php?id=16086

Michael without his mask? No Carpenter Halloween score? How exactly can this be considered a Halloween film?

This almost makes me miss Busta.

5. Kolpitz

Kolpitz Purely and Simply Evil

The best part of this whole thing is that, apparently, when he does get his mask it'll be "a lot different from any of [the masks] we’ve seen." "People are going to be surprised when they see it. It’s going to thrown the Myers fans for a loop." Sigh ...

6. spawningblue

spawningblue Deadite

Reading those made it sound even worse. Laurie Strode is going crazy as well because the Myers have a crazy curse put upon them. Is she going to team up with Michael and start killing people, and wear the mask the 70% of the time. Oh, and I love how even though his wife Sherri Moon and her horrible acting got killed in the first film, he has managed to put her in this sequel!

I'll take the killer in the hospital sequel any day! And I'm sorry, I respect Zombie in wanting to do his own thing, but why not just make your own original movie then? If you are going to use the Halloween name to milk money from fans, then make it somewhat similar or have something to do with the original franchise please! Or do what that Terror Train remake did, and retitled itself "Train", as it realized it was so different from the original that it was pointless to call itself that.

Sorry Halloween, but I am trading you in for Final Destination in 3-D!

Last edited: Apr 8, 2009
  7. snowbeast323

snowbeast323 New Member

Fuckin' hell!!!!

How could they do this?

It's just spoiled everything about this film for me now......:mad:

8. Grim

Grim Well-Known Member

Screw it. I'm still interested.

9. Haha, I know: Sheri-Moon is quite lovely, especially a few years back when she was even younger and ore gorgeous, but indeed: She only lands parts in her hubby's films cause she sleeps & sucks (naturally) the writer/director off. ;) Hey we were all thinking it. :eek:;)

Haha, me too :D I'm a hardcore Slasher & Gialli fanatic, and I try to see most mainstream Slashers during they're North American theatrical run, so I'l be seein' this one opening day. I'll also see the 3-D Final Destination as well, of course. :)

10. It's me Billy

It's me Billy New Member

Jesus Christ, why does Zombie have such a hard-on for bearded men? He loves facial hair so much I'm suprised the women in his movies haven't started to sport beards, goatees, mustaches, etc. Maybe some chick could sport a goagina, where she has a racing stripe of hair running vertically down her stomach connecting her goatee to her forest of pubes.

What does Rob Zombie fear most? The barbershop.

For those of you who screamed foul when Halloween 8: Resurrection was released in 2002, are you happy with this new direction we're headed in now? Granted, I don't think Halloween 8 is a masterpiece by any means. Busta Rhymes sucks and the internet/webcam plot was stretching it by miles, but this new Zombie film (gotta love that title. H2. Fucking H2. What, H20 wasn't stupid enough for a title?) sounds a lot more terrible in comparison. When Moustapha Akkad died in 2005, I had a feeling the Halloween series was headed for big trouble. God rest his soul. Enough with the stupid Hallozombeeweens. Give us a decent Halloween 9 for fucks sake.

How are they gonna kill Michael this time around? Drop him in a tub of Nair?

Holy shit!

I've located the new Halloween theme.

Last edited: Apr 12, 2009
  11. Zombie Dude

Zombie Dude Well-Known Member

First official pic of Mask wearing Myers:
    [​IMG]
    Fucking sweet if I don't say so myself.:D

12. YottNik

YottNik Pay the price!

H2 can't possibly suck more than H1, mask or no mask.

13. dave13

dave13 Well-Known Member

ha! good one!

14. Zillamon51

Zillamon51 Member

I agree with the slew of earlier posts that the girls' dialogue in H1 was ackward and inauthentic.

I think all the reflexive fanboy ranting of "OMG!!! He doesnt wear his mask!" and "OMG!!1 Michaels got a beard!" is pretty funny. Look, if you want to see the same old Michael doing the same old things, you have seven previous movies to choose from. Zombie is going for a more realistic portrayal of the character, which means he may wear different clothes from time to time, he may not be real keen on shaving,* and it's not always so easy to find duplicate masks laying around when the old one gets trashed. Despite his missteps in H1, Zombie has earned enough goodwill with me that I want to see what direction he takes H2 in. I'm glad he's not just trying to be another Carpenter imitator, because like I said, we've gotten that for several previous outings, with very mixed results.

For me, H1 was at its weakest during its last third, when it was just a rehash of the original Halloween. As far as series blasphemies go, I'd much rather see Michael with a gritty Rob Zombie makeover than getting beat up by Busta Ryhmes or injected with re-agent in the Thorn cult's basement.

* Unlike Jason, who stopped off somewhere for a shave and a haircut in between Parts 2 and 3. I'm just sayin'.

15. Dave

Dave Pimp

I agree with you 100%. I hated Zombie's Halloween. Gave it a chance, though, but it wasn't for me. Since finishing that, I knew I would never see any other sequel tied to that Halloween. And I'm okay with that, because like you said, I have several older Halloween movies to enjoy. Same goes for the new Friday movie. Tried it, hated it. I'll stick to the first ten Fridays instead.

16. streetlight

streetlight Member

nope, saw the remake for free from the satellite. Thought it was complete garbage. I won't go near the upcoming sequel. I have read about michael not wearing a mask, to me it seems like it is going more and more in a totally different direction than the Halloween series from the 80s and 90s. This leads me to question why it is not called something entirely different, like "White Trash Serial Killer", or "Trailer Trash Maniac". I know those are stupid titles, but you get my point

17. fceurich39

fceurich39 Well-Known Member

i think this movie will be alot better than the last film it worked for rob zombie's devil rejects sequel to house of 1000 corpses

18. spawningblue

spawningblue Deadite

Agreed Streetlight. I thought Zombie's remake was okay, and was totally willing to give this a chance. I understand he wants to do something different and put his own spin on the mythology instead of rehashing the same thing, but why not just make your own original movie then about a homeless bearded killer in a hoodie. I don't understand why he would use the license and then include nothing from that license that makes it a Halloween movie. Really, if it doesn't include the mask or the music, two staples of the franchise then how is it a Halloween film I ask? Those are the two things that no matter how bad the sequal was you could expect to at least see, and get excited about. With those two things missing I just don't see how it's a Halloween film. I would have rather seen his original Tyrannosaurus Rex movie personally, and then he could have included as many bearded homeless guys with horribly offensive dialog as much as he wanted to, as it would have been his creation to make good, or ruin.

19. Even though I'll be seeing the film, I agree 100% with you. There was a thread, weeks ago, about "Slasher films you Dislike/Hate" and I included Resurrection and H20, and someone bickerde & argued with me back & forth, and I brought up the constantly changing mask's thing about H20 as well as the music, and some guy said it was arbituary. Which I VERY much disagree with. The Shape mask on Mr. Myers and the tradmark John Carpenter's score are VERY MUCH intelligable parts of the franchise. So I agree 100%.