Anyone looking forward to Rob Zombie's H2

Discussion in 'Slashers' started by snowbeast323, Feb 25, 2009.

1. spawningblue

spawningblue Deadite

meh. doesn't look too good to me. and I like how Zombie constantly mentions how it isn't a remake of part 2, and yet the whole teaser pretty much takes place in the hospital.

2. broadwayrock

broadwayrock Guest

I wasn't a fan of the first one, but that trailer looks to be a really stupid direction to take the series in.

Rob Zombie thinks that Michael Myers having a ghost mother Myers is a good idea? thats going to remove any little scare factor Michael has left from the first one.

.........and whats with the She Hulk cameo in the hospital?

3. Grim

Grim Well-Known Member

The whole trailer looked good, except for the Ghost stuff. Other than that, I'm psyched. Let's just hope that stuff isn't a huge part of the movie.

4. Paul0889

Paul0889 New Member

i read somewhere that first 20 minutes of the film is set in the hospital, and the rest takes place 2 years later. the trailer looked great i thought, with the exception of the sheri moon shit...i like her and all and don't even care that rob casts her in all of his movies, but her role looks STUPID!! i thought she'd be back for flashbacks of something. lets hope its not as bad as it seems

5. snowbeast323

snowbeast323 New Member

I'm really really excited now!!!! :D

6. Zombie Dude

Zombie Dude Well-Known Member

Looking good. Can't wait till it comes out.

7. snowbeast323

snowbeast323 New Member

The trailer looks a little confusing, but I'm sure it'll all tie together in the film.....

I'd like to know just how long Danielle Harris is in it though.....cause it don't look to good for her....

8. Yeah I was gonna say the exact same thing. Indeed I can't see her lasting till the end credits, which is a shame, cause I'm a pretty big Danielle Harris fan here since the shot in Salt Lake City sequels (4 & 5) I watched a thousand times as a young lad.

Ah well, at least she's in a new Halloween, which has become her un-official mean ticket over the years, for all of us who's noticed.

Gotta agree with you and good ol' Zombie Dude that is look's fine (pretty big Rob Zombie fan, dispite all of the fanboy hate & backlash, so I know I'll like it a lot myself; I just dig his style & dialogue is all I'll say). I also kep hearing only around the first 20 minutes or so, like the first remake, apes Rick Rosenthal's Hallowen II (1981), and the fest is set a full two years later, with Laurie slowly turning totally mentally & royally fucked in the head, as popular rumour has it.

And does anyone else notice that form the looks of it, since it was a given that Sheri Moon Zombie was gonna be in it (c'mon, she's married to the writer/director and sleeps with him every night, just to tell the truth she was ALWAYS gonna have a part in any & all future projects he works on), it appears as if Michael's own royally fucked in the head is manifestering images and dialogue with his long-deceased mother that is telling him to continue on killing on Halloween night? Hmmm look's like it's gonna be quite the interesting slasher outting once again, this time 'round.

Can't wait untill August the 23rd. :D

9. Zombie Dude

Well I do have a fer gripes. Mainly with Michael's dead mum. She needs a ghostly echo voice or something like that IMO because the way it is now it just sounds bad.
    There's this new pic:
    [​IMG]
    And I don't mind it but I do find it hard to believe that Michael's fact would be crystal clear and clean under the mask. As far as I know the guy doesn't shower.
    Really love the way the trailer starts though. I'm interested to see how it plays out.

10. dave13

dave13 Well-Known Member

the secret behind michael myers will finally be revealed? what secrets were left after the first one? i thought it was accepted as fact that the remake pretty much removed any and all mystery behind the story or the character. i call bullshit on this marketing campaign.

11. Bobbywoodhogan

Bobbywoodhogan Active Member

So now its ripped off Mrs Voorhees and I thought Rob Zombie couldn't fuck up Halloween anymore than he already has. There's no doubt this film will be s**t. Can Zombie not make a film without putting his wife in it? what a cock. I think he's well and truly messed up the Halloween franchise beyond repair.

12. fattyjoe37

fattyjoe37 Well-Known Member

Don't love the trailer, but don't hate it. I am not sold on the ghost of Mrs. Myers though.

13. MorallySound

MorallySound Mad Mutilator

Colour me excited for this one.

14. Harry Warden

Harry Warden Well-Known Member

Just saw the trailer for H2. Looks like it will be decent. I'll be there on opening day.

15. spawningblue

spawningblue Deadite

:lol: Wow that looks terrible! I somewhat enjoyed Zombie's first Halloween, although it was very, very flawed, so I'm sure I'll somewhat enjoy this film for what it is. But, a Halloween film this in not! This is "Attack of the Angry Homo Who Kills Because His Dead Mother Tells Him To".

16. shape22

shape22 Well-Known Member

You have to hand it to Zombie. Who ever thought Michael could be explained by a dumber idea than Thorn?

I really despise Zombie. But the blame for all this really lies with Malek Akkad. He should be the protector of the franchise. And it's obvious that he has absolutely no idea about what made (past tense) this character special.

Check out the quotes in this article. I'd like to see the real Michael do the fade, materialize behind Malek, and give him the Dr. Mixter treatment.

http://iconsoffright.com/news/2009/04/h2_set_report_part_2_producer.html

17. Shlockjock81

Shlockjock81 New Member

This looks fucking pathetic. Even aesthetically... Michael with half the mask and a HOODIE???? Are we supposed to be afraid of someone who looks like they just robbed a 7-11???

And now a Friday the 13th-type explaination behind his motives?

Rob Zombie: Please fuck off and stop trying to pay "homages" to your favourite films. You're doing nothing but a complete disservice to them.

18. Zombie Dude

I don't like that colour of the mask and the fact that Michael's so clean underneath.
    I'm liking this pic though:
    [​IMG]

19. spawningblue

spawningblue Deadite

Yeah it's too bad he'll only look like that for what, 25% of the movie I think.

20. Bobbywoodhogan

Bobbywoodhogan Active Member

I know that mask looks more like the classic mask but my god this film is just gonna suck balls.