Are You Afraid Of The Dark Returns This Weekend!

Discussion in 'General' started by CPT HOOK, Oct 27, 2011.

1. CPT HOOK

CPT HOOK Well-Known Member

Snick fans rejoice! Are You Afraid Of The Dark is returning to television screens for this weekend only! Friday, Saturday, and Sunday at midnight, Teen Nick will be airing Are You Afraid Of The Dark episodes!

And if that wasn't enough, Monday night at midnight they are airing the notorious Cry Baby Lane for the first time in over a decade!

For those who are unfamiliar with this, Cry Baby Lane is a made-for-TV movie that aired one time (October 28th, 2000) on Nickelodeon, and then was never aired again or released on home video. Rumor is that it was never aired again because parents complained to Nickelodeon that it was too scary to be shown on the network, but the director was unaware of the controversy. It has quite a cult following for those who grew up on 90s Nickelodeon.

[​IMG]

2. Nailwraps

Nailwraps Well-Known Member

I remember seeing commericials for that. Scared me, man.

3. Suicide

Suicide Space Bastard!

I'll be recording these. I also saw on Saturday at 1:30 they're showing a ghost story episode of Salute Your Shorts.

4. CPT HOOK

Zeke the Plumber! LOVE IT!

5. CPT HOOK

Four hours of Are You Afraid Of The Dark? on TeenNick this weekend, beginning tonight at midnight.

6. CPT HOOK

New episodes of Are You Afraid Of The Dark? are coming to Nickelodeon this fall!

There's a teaser up on the NickRewind Facebook page, but I will share it here once it's available on YouTube.

EDIT: Here it is:

Last edited: Aug 3, 2019
  7. CPT HOOK

8. CPT HOOK

This 3 episode limited series concludes tonight. I watched episode 1 on Wednesday, episode 2 last night, and will wrap it up with the conclusion tonight. Really the perfect way to watch it, as each episode so far has left me eager for more.

This Are You Afraid Of The Dark? revival is pretty great. It doesn't follow the original format, it's moreso a tale of the modernized Midnight Society. The show follows Rachel, the new girl in town, who is initiated into the Midnight Society, a group of her peers who gather at night to tell scary stories. Her initiation story is The Tale Of The Carnival Of Doom, but soon after her initiation the real Carnival Of Doom rolls into town and her campfire story begins coming to life...

The show is really well-done and a lot of fun. Unlike the kid-geared watered-down Goosebumps movies, this is a show that was made for both modern kids and adults who grew up with the original series. There are a lot of cute jokes that will go over kid's heads (the cop's ringtone is the Beverly Hills Cop theme, etc). There are also several horror movie references throughout, like The Changeling. Like the original series, it never dumbs itself down for kids and isn't afraid to go for a scare. The modern Midnight Society kids are also extremely fun and likable (one of which is Jeremy Ray Taylor from the It movies and Goosebumps: Haunted Halloween).

Highly recommended if you're in the mood for inoffensive Halloween fun!