Argento working on screenplay for third part of the Three Mothers trilogy

Discussion in 'Euro Horror' started by Ash28M, Nov 15, 2005.

1. Ash28M

Ash28M Active Member

Just read this off of fangoria...

http://www.fangoria.com/fearful_feature.php

"Currently, he is wrapped up in the screenplay for a project that every Argento fan has been waiting to see come to fruition for some time. “Right now, I’m working on the third part of the Three Mothers trilogy,” he reveals. “It’s the last part of the saga that started with SUSPIRIA and continued with INFERNO. It’s about the Third Mother, Mother Lacrimarum, the ‘Mother of Tears.’ ” Since both SUSPIRIA and INFERNO rank among the director’s finest films, this new installment has a lot to live up to, but Argento promises, “It will be a very shocking film. The trilogy will close with a bang! It will be shot in English, because it’ll be a co-production between the U.S. and Europe.”

Casting for this project hasn’t yet begun; both previous installments of the trilogy featured strong female leads (Jessica Harper in SUSPIRIA and Irene Miracle in INFERNO), though Argento insists that wasn’t a conscious decision. “It’s just a coincidence, because I’ve done so many movies,” he laughs. “I believe it’s because of the interest I have in women as a whole. As for the soundtrack,” he continues, “I don’t know if it will be composed by Goblin [the band which did the music for his earlier classics and recently reunited to work on SLEEPLESS and JENIFER]. First I have to finish the script, then shoot the movie, and then I’ll tell you,” he laughs."

2. DVD Connoisseur

DVD Connoisseur Active Member

Can't wait for this one. The promise that the trilogy will go out with a bang simply makes me even more excited to see this film when it's finally released.

3. Katatonia

Katatonia Hellbound Heart

Definitely the best news I've heard this week! I've been waiting on this one to be made for ages, as I'm sure many have.

4. The Chaostar

The Chaostar Johnny Hallyday forever

I hope he gets a good budget, some good supporting actors and avoid CGI.

5. RyanPC

RyanPC Guest

Both Suspiria and Inferno were lavish productions, with outstanding cinematography, great music, and strong performances from the leads. These are the minimum requirements for my enjoyment of this film. I can't wait! :D

6. Spitfire

Spitfire Suspiria

Same here. Suspiria and Inferno are two of my all time favorite films. I've been waiting for the last installment to happen for a while. Great News! :fire:

Hope he uses "Goblins" Simmonetti to do the soundtrack.

Last edited: Nov 16, 2005
  7. BloodMan

BloodMan Kill Time B4 It Kills You

Thats cool... hope it turns out good. The more recent Argento stuff has been mehh-ish... hope he gets a big budget and goes all out like he says he will. I hope. :)

8. VenicuS

VenicuS Guest

Holy shit. I so want to see this happen. The mere fact that he's doing it is awesome eneough, but I'm with the apparent consensus that if he can get Claudio Simonetti and Goblin to do the score, that would be the perfect capper to the Three Mothers. "Suspiria" and "Inferno" certainly rank as my favorite Argento flicks (along with "Tenebre" and "Opera"), and to see the trilogy finally complete would kick ass beyond words.

9. 4Gotten1

4Gotten1 Guest

Awesome. I've been wondering when this was going to happen, and look forward to what he does here. I'm eager to see the approach to this one: the colors, style and musical score among other things such as the direction of the story and the of course...who will play the lead?

10. old-boo-radley

old-boo-radley They stay the same age...

Argento needs a SCRIPT for this thing? All he needs to do is film all the pretty things his little heart desires and buy all the green lights he can find. Curious to see this one after all these years.

11. Erick H.

Erick H. Well-Known Member

He has discussed this so many times,I hope it FINALLY comes off,and in high style !

12. dwatts

dwatts New Member

Chaoster voices my only concern - budget. To do this right he's going to need a larger budget than he's had on his last couple of films - here's hoping he manages to get that.

Last edited: Nov 16, 2005
  13. Luna

Luna Guest

Count me in. If Jenifer is any indication of what he still has up his sleeve, I am SO there. :D

14. Crystal Plumage

Crystal Plumage Dig me..but don't bury me

I'm looking forward to it.

15. i don't know...i bet he could pull it off on digital beta for a smaller budget. remember how pretty "scarlet diva" was to look at? it may be blasphemy, but if it saved him some dough that he could use for better purpose, then digital beta might be the way to go...

16. The Chaostar

The Chaostar Johnny Hallyday forever

Not digital beta!
    Why not High Definition video? I saw three greek films this year and the results were amazing - much like Man's work in Collateral. And we are talking about films that costed, what, something like 200.000 Euros.

17. Shannafey

Shannafey Don't Monkey With Me!

South Florida, But Far from the Hell that is Miami
    Scarlet Diva was shot on Mini DV, but it went right to DVD.

18. badnewsbrown

badnewsbrown Guest

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 23, 2006
  19. DeathDealer

DeathDealer I Inhale Horror

If it's as big as you say it. Argento should make it in full cinema scope format.

No, Digital shit. It gives the film a cheap aspect to it. I want Argento to maintain his budget like the other two. I don't want an all out budget. When your low on money, you become creative.

Just look at John Woo, when he came to USA and had big budgets, he became what we know now of the director of Paycheck.

You would have never have guessed the same guy who had made masterpieces like The Killer and Hard Boiled would have done his newer crapfests. This is a pure example of the consquences of overdone budgets.

20. Crystal Plumage

Crystal Plumage Dig me..but don't bury me

Amen brother!
    I just want a good movie.Budget or no budget.