Argento working on screenplay for third part of the Three Mothers trilogy

Discussion in 'Euro Horror' started by Ash28M, Nov 15, 2005.

1. Mattster

Mattster Guest

David Lynch came to my school recently and did a Q&A. He basically said that celluloid is dead. Digital is the way to go and he considers it to be far superior.

I have little faith in this movie digital or film. I forced myself to sit through Sleepless and couldn't watch more than 10 minutes of The Card Player. His last great film I think was Opera.

2. Erick H.

Erick H. Well-Known Member

By the way,what became of our ''Best of Argento " contest,haven't seen it in a while ?

3. Cydeous

Cydeous Axxon N

I think that we won't be seeing something along the lines of either "Suspiria" or "Inferno" but Argento will probably try something a little bold. Isn't that the mark of a great director, anyway? Let's face it, the first two movies were done in a different era (a great time for sure) but it's all different now. If he's truly a great filmmaker then "The Third Mother" will be different, yet still relevant. For example, consider Romero's zombie films. They were quite different but still great.

Regarding the budget: it will undoubtably be low but that should only present Argento with constraints in which he must work. Again, take Romero's "Day of the Dead" as an example. Didn't budget alter the vision of that film? It still packed a punch, though.

4. KillerCannabis

KillerCannabis Slow, Deep & Hard

Sweet. I just watched Inferno the other night and I'd love to see him finish off this trilogy. I've still got faith enough in the man to give us another great film. I really hope he can wrangle up Goblin to score it. If this is going to be a joint production I wonder which US company is going to pony up? LG?

5. dwatts

dwatts New Member

Dudes, the film HAS to be widescreen. And while on practical levels digital is taking over, I believe that is largely due to costs - not quality par se. I'd much rather Argento have the money and do it right, and for me right now that's film.

To be honest, if this were done with a cheaper digital method, I think I'd be quite wary of it. Argento needs a sterling cinematographer with him for this one. The team he assembles will be significant.

6. The Chaostar

The Chaostar Johnny Hallyday forever

Vittorio Storaro would be the man. Never thought highly of Ronnie Taylor. Who filmed the early Greenaway films, up untill The Baby Of Macon? He would be a nice choice too. And Inferno was not in widescreen, and it is my favorite Argento film... I do like widescreen films though. And some good backing actors I must repeat. The supporting actors in his first films were not as bad as in Sleepless or The Card Player (films that I liked more or less).
    And the violence must be stylized, not like Sleepless, more like Inferno.
    AND NOT SERGIO STIVALETTI! NOT HIM!

7. DeathDealer

DeathDealer I Inhale Horror

SERGIO STIVALETTI is the man!!!

What's wrong with him?

8. The Chaostar

CARD PLAYER: horribly fake corpses
    SLEEPLESS: horribly fake heads
    STENDHAL SYNDROME: horribly fake CGI and finger-in-the-eye scene

Stivaletti is bad.

9. DeathDealer

Opinions.

10. dwatts

dwatts New Member

I have read elsewhere about "fake corpses" in Card Player - but honestly I think they look good. Stendahl was done, I thought, at the instance of Argento. They're no doubt crap, but since that was (I think) the first time they were used in Italian cinema (and therefore an industry first try), I guess they're excusable.

11. RyanPC

RyanPC Guest

I thought the corpses in The Card Player looked great as well. Kinda grossed me out, in fact, which is not easy to do when it comes to movies. :lol:

12. Cydeous

Cydeous Axxon N

I'd just like to add that I thought that the corpses in "The Card Player" looked good. Maybe I didn't look at them close enought but from what I remember they were pretty gross.

Regarding the CGI in "The Stendhal Syndrome": I thought it was fune, actually. I guess it didn't bother me because they were used for the hallucinations, which weren't real anyway. It worked for me, but I thought that movie was brilliant overall.

13. The Chaostar

When she takes the pills and we see them down her throat it is not a hallucination.

14. Cydeous

Cydeous Axxon N

Yes, that's true :) At least it didn't ruin the movie (for me.) I know what you mean about stuff like that and it usually does bother me. Perhaps it didn't with this film simply because it was early on in the CGI cycle for Italian films.

15. slinker

slinker Un-Holy Force.

Im eager to see how this develops, im a huge fan of Suspiria and Inferno so its thrilling to know this project is in progress. Im actually thinking this is a very wise move from Argento and one that could really revive his slight career droop...alot of potential here ALOT lets hope he holds it together. :)

16. Mortis

Mortis GARBAGE DAY!

Argento Scripting 'The Third Mother' Film!!!

http://bloody-disgusting.com/index.php?Show=5276&Template=newsfull

17. DeathDealer

You gotta be kidding me!!!

I thought Dario was already deep into writing it. I don't want him to reach US audiences man. He's gonna compromise. That's the problem with doing things connected with the US market.

This is gonna ruin everything. I wanted this to be pure Argento, not some washed out form.

Excuse me, while I go cry in a corner.

18. RyanPC

RyanPC Guest

So he's using the people who wrote The Toolbox Murders and Crocodile? This is a sad day for Argento fans. :(

19. DrHerbertWest

DrHerbertWest For Your Health

Hey, I liked the new Toolbox Murders. I don't think this movie will be massacred but sometimes, as film makers get older, they make different movies. No one can be great forever. I'm nervous too, but I'm more excited to see how it turns out.

20. RyanPC

RyanPC Guest

I liked The Toolbox Murders, too. But it's a sad day when a director like Argento has to rely on American writers whose resumes contain shit like Crocodile. That's the equivalent of Hitchcock doing the same, in my eyes.