Argento working on screenplay for third part of the Three Mothers trilogy

Discussion in 'Euro Horror' started by Ash28M, Nov 15, 2005.

1. X-human

X-human I ate my keys

What the hell? WHAT. THE. HELL?

Augh!

2. 4Gotten1

4Gotten1 Guest

Yeah, I was really concerned when I read about this earlier. I'm not so sure using American writers is going to solve his U.S. appeal dilemma. Then you have to ask, how much input and creative control will he maintain with the writers? You have to assume he has atleast some general ideas as to the approach and direction to the story. I mean is this going to be: story by Dario Argento, screenplay by Adam Gierasch and Jace Anderson kinda thing? Anyway, the picture posted of these two writers is priceless, like two kids in a candy store.

3. dwatts

dwatts New Member

--So he's using the people who wrote The Toolbox Murders and Crocodile? This is a sad day for Argento fans.--

Couldn't have said it better myself!

As for Toolbox, I thought it was a typically moronic "horror" film. Regardless, I douhbt anyone can make a case that the writing of it (or for Crocodile) speaks of high-hopes for a Suspiria/Inferno follow up...... Argento's career has been leading him to complete this trilogy, I hope he doesn't fuck it up.

4. Luna

Luna Guest

I saw that too! :lol:

I somewhat liked the Toolbox Murders and cannot vouch for Crocodile, and I assume Dario has ideas formulated already, so I won't entirely write this off yet. Hell, Steven Weber wrote the teleplay for Jenifer and I loved the results -- and my previous thoughts of him had been "that guy from Wings" and "the guy who made The Shining remake laughable" -- so I cannot judge yet without seeing the final product. :D

5. Katatonia

Katatonia Hellbound Heart

I enjoyed The Toolbox Murders too, and while Crocodile was nothing to sing about...it wasn't that bad.

I wouldn't write this one off just yet, by the time the film gets made there may be other writers on the job, or they may be replaced completely. Anything can happen to a film (and usually does) before it actually goes into full production.

6. DeathDealer

DeathDealer I Inhale Horror

Katatonia, your words make me feel better. :)

7. DeathDealer

Darkdreams has some new information.

One that is very interesting at the end:

The script is being written in conjunction with the screenwriting team of Jace Anderson and Adam Gierasch. They are responsible for five Tobe Hooper shockers The Toolbox Murders, Crocodile, Mortuary and the currently in production Zombies and Brew. Their credits also list Derailed, Autopsy, Rats, Spiders, Crocodile 2: Death Swamp and Panic. Interesting times ahead for the final part of the trilogy I think you¡¦ll agree!

Meaning, that they are working together, and that Argento will have imput in the script.

Shit, this can go either way. I can be either very good, or very bad.

It's getting serious and nervous now. Please don't mess up on your most important project yet DARIO!!!

8. Cydeous

Cydeous Axxon N

I remember Argento being upset with American distributors and what not several times in the past. In fact, I think that he even stated that he no longer cares for the foreign market and will be making films for the Italian audience only. So why is he allowing this travesty to happen? He obviously still wants to reach the American audience and I believe that "Suspiria" was a surprise hit so maybe he figures that a sequel will generate interest? Wait a minute... didn't he get fucked over by Fox (or whomever) with "Inferno?" Argento is great but I don't have the confidence that "The Third Mother" will be remotely good. I'm still hoping, though.

9. DeathDealer

10. Crystal Plumage

Crystal Plumage Dig me..but don't bury me

I'm interested.I wasn't at first when this was announced.
    Three things I hope:
    1)It's in scope,
    2)He asks a great composer to do the music and
    3)Michele Soavi does the cinematography.

Would make it a classic in my book.

So what do you think?Will all three sisters (re)appear in this movie?