Argento's INFERNO

Discussion in 'Euro Horror' started by Grim, Mar 2, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Cydeous

Cydeous Axxon N

I love the score too! I bought the CD a few years ago, which is really good. I know that it isn't Goblin but Emmerson did a great job.

2. The Chaostar

The Chaostar Johnny Hallyday forever

I believe that inferno has a much stronger plot than Suspiria or Phenomena.
    Phenomena has a traditional storytelling that MAKES YOU THINK that is has a strong plot put it's a plot full of holes.
    In inferno everything makes sense if you "dive" in it's atmosphere.
    Only then you realise that the woman that stares at Marc the first time we see him, is the Third Mother , the youngest and most beautiful that lives in Rome. It's based on an alchemistic structure and works like a nightmare. I will return on the subject later on as I am at work now...:(
    And EPKJ, I am not writting this to attack you so do not attack me - when someone agrees with you (as in another Euro=horror post) you are quite a cool guy, but you have this insecure thing when someone states something different form what you think that you feel the urge to attack him. You should do something about it, at least in this forum, and THIS IS A FRIENDLY ADVICE, honestly.

3. Grim

Grim Well-Known Member

Hey, You gotta give me credit, I actually used the search feature!
    :D

Anyways, I just got my Dario argento Collection Vol. 1. I must say, I think both Inferno and Phenomena are great. I loved Inferno's soundtrack, it was a nice change from the usual Goblin fare, no offense to Goblin, their soundtracks are bad ass, but this was a nice change. That underwater scene was pretty great! Phenomena was great too, it also boasted a good soundtrack and had a very interesting and unique storyline. Not to mention Jennifer Connely was pretty hot in the movie too. I'm very satisfied with this and next comes Tenebre and Deep Red. Well, I've seen Deep Red but I figure it's time to get it on dvd.

4. legnadibrom

legnadibrom Guest

poop

"deep red?" blasphemy! its "profondo rosso!"

5. dwatts

dwatts New Member

Nah - Deep Red over here. You'll be calling Phenomena "Creepers" next :D

The Tenebrae transfer is okay, but not great. Probably as good as the Phenomena one. But the Deep Red transfer is something special! Enjoy.

6. Paff

Paff Super Moderator

Re: poop

Um, "Deep Red" is the literal translation of "Profundo Rosso", so that's a perfectly acceptable title. If you're gonna complain about that, from now on, you have refer to every foreign movie title in it's original language. IE, L'ucello Dalle Piume di Cristallo instead of The Bird With the Crystal Plumage, Wo Hu Cang Long instead of Crouching Tiger Hidden Dragon, or Sen to Chihiro no Kamikakushi instead of Spirited Away.

7. NickyDoyle

NickyDoyle Guest

You MUST watch Inferno more than once to enjoy the movie, as it's very abstract. Forget the plot, just let the visuals and sounds hypnotize you, and you'll find out Inferno is a good movie.

8. Grim

Grim Well-Known Member

Two viewings has done it for me, I'm hooked. Alot of people have said that the Mark character is boring and plain, I didn't find him that bad. This movie reminded me alot of the Church in that pretty much everytime they introduced a new character they knocked them off about two scenes later. Great film though.

9. EPKJ

EPKJ Guest

No one has ever argued that you need permission to like a film, but since that makes an easier argument for you, one can see why you grasped it. It is amusing to me that people such as you, who can't actually defend their opinions rationally, always argue that arguing is pointless. The fact that you make such an argument on a message board merely proves that you truly lack intelligence. Your sarcasm is pathetic. Since you and your boyfriend can't defend your position, why don't the two of you go off and indulge in your ass fetish somewhere secluded so that the rest of us are spared the disgusting details.

10. The Chaostar

11. The Chaostar

...attack of the thread-firestarter

Hey, STENDHAL SYNDROME is a masterpiece.
    :banana:

12. Cydeous

Cydeous Axxon N

I love "The Stendhal Syndrome"! Seriously. It's may favourite of Argento's later efforts.

The Choastar, is "Cult of Personality" your favourite black metal song?

13. The Chaostar

Haha, good one. Living Colour are a great band actually - my signature is just a song title from Anal Cunt!

14. The Chaostar

Oh, and I love Stendhal too!

15. dwatts

dwatts New Member

How lame that EPKJ had to restart the bitching. :eek2:

Dude - we've all moved on, why don't you?

16. EPKJ

EPKJ Guest

If you had moved on, you would not have posted a response. Do you really imagine that others won't notice that you are attempting to manipulate them with more lying? How sad that is.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 20, 2003
  17. Vasilis

Vasilis New Member

I think i'm going to watch inferno once more, i really love this film, but what i find most disturbing is that antique dealer guy, Kazanian or something, he's really creepy.:glasses:

18. thrashard76

thrashard76 Guest

19. dwatts

dwatts New Member

Der - how come, if you've moved on - you mentioned it? derrrrr. :eek2:

Honestly, EPKJ are you for real? I mentioned it so your stupid grandstanding would be obvious to everyone. Your mind must be the most petty on this board. No-one cares about the squabble but you - and dragging it up after everyone had clearly moved on - something you clearly did - was just pathetic. Not surprising coming from you though. Now - if you have something to say about Inferno, say it. Otherwise, no-one cares that you're a small minded dork. Honestly.

20. EPKJ

EPKJ Guest

There you go again. Once again you prove yourself a liar who has not moved on, and who desperately wishes to continue this thread in a vain attempt to garner attention. How very pathetic that is. Please reply again and prove beyond any doubt that you have not moved on. Liars like you are so entertaining.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.