Argento's 'Opera' in HD?

Discussion in 'High Definition' started by Paul_s, Jun 2, 2014.

1. roderick

roderick New Member

i can only post my opinion as someone who had never seen opera before.i got a copy of the standard edition last week and i thought it looked great and the audio was fine.i am quite happy with it and have no urge to upgrade personally.

2. acappa

acappa Member

I recently purchased the single disc. Couldn't hold out any longer for the 3-disc as I wanted to check this resto out.

Believe me when I say this is all a non-issue. Seriously... only the whiniest of whiners would take issue with these minor defects inherent in the negatives that Scorpion had to work with.

Now, I noticed the "jitter" when the camera pans the auditorium early in the film, but only because I read a bazillion times that it was a perceived issue. In no way did it affect my enjoyment of the film or the work that you and your team put in. I did not notice it anywhere else, nor do I have any clue what anyone is talking about when it comes to the echo in the soundtrack.

Whatever you decide to do with the deluxe edition, I plan to pick it up. Just don't let the trolls over at blu-ray.com wield too much influence over how you run your business...

Last edited: Feb 7, 2018
    othervoice1 likes this.
  3. Steel76

Steel76 Well-Known Member

Sorry if I sounded grumpy about the release. Seems like there was a LOT more work put into this, than I first thought.

Let's just hope you can keep the price at $49.

4. Paff

Paff Super Moderator

$15 at Amazon. Had to bite on it.

othervoice1 likes this.
  5. wago70

wago70 Surviving on nostalgia

San Francisco - down by them two ol' sheds
    Understand! This has been several months of re-purchases for me. I have purchased quite a few Hearses, Don't Answer the Phones, ect. just to re-buy them on the latest Blu and try to sell off the older versions on DVD. I'm really behind on the new stuff I want (Apartment on the 13th Floor for one) because I've been buying movies I already had just to get the definitive versions possible. So when you have yet ANOTHER, different issue of a film you already have it can get difficult.