Argento's Sleepless?

Discussion in 'Euro Horror' started by DefJeff, Nov 14, 2002.

1. Paff

Paff Super Moderator

Re: Sleepless

This is from IMDB (who are admittedly not the most reliable source, but it is an alternative nonetheless):

http://us.imdb.com/AlternateVersions?0220827

That's as much research as I'll do, 'cause I'm not gonna go digging around for a CUT version of a film.

2. Suicide

Suicide Space Bastard!

The R-rated version exists, I'll see if I can find a link to show you. Try Lake Ridge Blockbuster, they should still have a copy on the shelfs.

3. Suicide

Suicide Space Bastard!

4. EPKJ

EPKJ Guest

Re: Re: Sleepless

I appreciate your effort to actually supply evidence, however, the link you posted is referring to the actual film version, and not a DVD version.

5. EPKJ

EPKJ Guest

6. Suicide

Suicide Space Bastard!

I assure you a R-Rated version with a shorter running time exists, I've watched it. Okay well I watched half of it because the cuts were so poorly done I couldn't see what was going on.

Further proof, I went to Hollywood video today looking for "Cutting Class" and saw Sleepless sitting there, I checked the box, Rated-R 116 minutes. You say you live in Woodbridge right? Go to the Hollywood video by the mall, look in the horror videos section and there you go.

7. mutleyhyde

mutleyhyde Fuck it.

This thread is funny. :)

And what's the difference? Both the uncut and the, as far as EPKG is concerned, fabled cut version are pan & scam. Who cares whether some of the scenes are cut, when the whole damned movie is "cut"?

8. EPKJ

EPKJ Guest

I say get the Artisan disk. Aside from it not being widescreen, it is a good transfer. Sleepless is one of Argento's best films. It is unfairly attacked by many. It is interesting to note that many who savage Sleepless also rave about the horrid The Stendhal Syndrome. I highly recommend that you buy Sleepless. I hope that it finds a Region 1 widescreen release, but, I will take the film in its current form rather than do without.

9. dvdasia62

dvdasia62 Guest

Re: Re: Argento's Sleepless?

Just make sure you don't pick up the "R" version.

10. zombi3

zombi3 Pure Evil

Re: Re: Argento's Sleepless?

Good movie, but I was very disappointed with the Artisan disc, especially since they originally announced a widescreen transfer with a bunch of cool extras. Then they yanked the rug out at the last minute and released a bare bones, pan and scan dvd. Not good business.

11. Rainbowthief

Rainbowthief Guest

I should have my R2 PAL disc by Tuesday (as long as UPS doesn't screw me again). I'm really looking forward to it.

12. Andrew

Andrew Guest

I still say the Artisan disc should be viewed like a really nice VHS. The pan and scan isn't unbearable, and this is how we watched most movies on VHS anyway. The picture isn't great (what you actually see - kinda washed out and grainy), but I'm still glad to have this movie.

STENDHAL rocks.

13. I thought the DVD was uncut and the VHS was R... So there would be no R rated disc.

14. newt

newt Guest

I think this movie gets a bad rap. I have the R1 P&S. I like the cinematography, music, gore, story, & I think Max did a great job playing the retired cop.

Now if we could get a wide R1:banana:

15. zombi3

zombi3 Pure Evil

But I'm sure that some people may have gone and pre-ordered the disc thinking they were getting a widescreen SE. Artisan changed their press release just before the dvd came out and if I remember correctly some of the on-line retailers still listed it as being WS, etc. at the time of release. I don't think that was right.

16. Andrew

Andrew Guest

Oh believe me, I feel the pain. If I remember right, I cancelled my order before it shipped. But yeah, that's gotta suck. I'm not saying it's a good DVD, just not unbearably bad...and very much watchable.

17. Joel Groce

Joel Groce Guest

Don't support...

...this with your dollars - "Sleepless" deserves a decent widescreen R1 release - I know this has been beaten to death, but it is very heinous when it's an Argento film.

18. DefJeff

DefJeff Franca Stoppi's #1 fan

great avatar Newt, that kids awesome in everything ive seen him in, and he always has the worst dub jobs around

can you guys believe i STILL didnt pick this disc up! haha i really gotta get off my ass and rent this or something

i heard the soundtrack is amazing!

Last edited: Jan 6, 2003