Arrow Video US / CA / UK Thread

Discussion in 'General' started by zbinks, Oct 3, 2014.

1. CPT HOOK

CPT HOOK Well-Known Member

The Mutilator was finally officially announced with a street date of Sept 29th.

I can't share the specs or artwork on my mobile, but all the details are up on their Facebook page if anyone on a PC wants to share them here.

2. Katatonia

Katatonia Hellbound Heart

Here it is: https://www.facebook.com/ArrowVideo/posts/989370587763602:0

[​IMG]

3. Angelman

Angelman OCD Blu Ray Collector

Wow. Is anyone even competing with Arrow at this point in terms of releases, packaging and presentation?

4. Katatonia

I'd hesitantly say Kino Lorber & Olive Films in terms of the number of releases... but their quality isn't always the best, and their packaging certainly can't compare to Arrow.

Nope, I'd say Arrow are pretty much in a league of their own right now as far as the best presentation of genre films is concerned. :p

5. Chomp

Chomp Rudest Motherfucker on HD

Am I dreaming? Arrow is King!

6. elDomenechHDG

elDomenechHDG Well-Known Member

Not even close. I mean, Vinegar Syndrome, Synapse and the others are all doing a bang-up job and coming up with awesome stuff but in terms of presentation nobody comes close to Arrow. I received my copy of Society yesterday and I was sitting there in awe while I was opening the box. That was Criterion-level treatment and the PQ was superb to boot. I'm hoping they somehow get a hold of Yuzna's Return of the Living Dead III. Any label that gives the impression of being satisfied with just slapping the film onto a disc, making their money and moving on is not someone I will support unless it's a film I absolutely have to get. I will, however, blind buy much of Arrow's output because the quality is just outstanding overall. They've come a long way.

7. foller

foller Active Member

I think this announcement deserves a thread of its own!

8. MorallySound

MorallySound Mad Mutilator

Can't wait to pick up both The Mutilator and Blood Rage at the end of the summer.

9. crikan

crikan Well-Known Member

Yay! Now we can watch adults playing hide-and-seek in glorious HD!!!

Not all three together. I'm still in shock over BLOOD RAGE.

10. CPT HOOK

Having just received their ridiculously gorgeous Society blu, have to agree. Arrow is unrivaled.

11. Stige

Stige Well-Known Member

Geez who would have thought ?

Another "believe it when I see it release" coming to blu...

12. Body Boy

Body Boy Well-Known Member

Although I consider Blood Rage a good film, while The Mutilator is gory, cheesy schlock, they are the perfect duo for the next big slasher rereleases. Amazing Arrow. Simply amazing!

As for their competition, well, Vinegar Syndrome does the whole 4k thing, which is outstanding, so they're not left in the cold at all. But BR and Mutilator have been at the very top of the must-have-slashers lists for years, so they're very important in this regard.

13. baggio

baggio Well-Known Member

Received mine too, have to agree. On a plus note Amazon automatically sent me a notice of a $2.70 refund on the account I pre ordered this movie and it lowered in price recently.

Thanks Amazon, thanks Arrow!

14. CPT HOOK

I should also add that the release date for The Mutilator is timely. Just in time for fall break! ;)

It's interesting, I'm assuming Arrow has the elements and knows they are usable before making their announcement official. If and when this does hit blu-ray later this year, we'll know that Code Red's constant claims that there were no usable elements wasn't true.

I remember chrismac87 posted an interesting account of what happened with Code Red and The Mutilator. It's starting to look like it might have been true:

If so, shame on Code Red for holding the rights hostage for 10 years out of spite. But regardless, Arrow's edition looks like it will have been worth the wait, and will surely trump anything any other studio would have done with it.

15. MisterTwister

MisterTwister The Schlock King

God bless Arrow.

That Society release is amazing (watched it last night, great PQ and extras).

Can't wait for Blood Rage and Mutilator.

16. Katatonia

Dude, you finally went Blu then? :evil:

Agreed, got Society yesterday and it's a stunning package. I remember buying this on VHS originally in the 90's, and never thought in a million years that more than a few people would know of or appreciate the film. :eek1:

17. fceurich39

fceurich39 Well-Known Member

my indie store got society in to my surprise so I picked it up that packaging looks really great. very excited to hear about the mutilator finally:banana:

18. MisterTwister

MisterTwister The Schlock King

Back in March. Didn't announce it.

19. Scorpion

Scorpion Active Member

Ironically I was the one who negotiated for Code Red back in the days, and I can speak from the one who dealt with Buddy directly for Bill that is not the case at all. In fact I refused to release tape master until the uncut element in 35mm element is found. I have no idea what hearsay gets started on this same tale all the time from chrismac, but the above tale is not what happened. And I will end it with that.

20. Nailwraps

Nailwraps Well-Known Member

Also coming, Requiescant!!!:

"NEW UK/US TITLE ANNOUNCEMENT: REQUIESCANT DUAL FORMAT BD & DVD

International Blu-ray debut for a Spaghetti Western classic

Pre-order your UK copy here: http://www.arrowfilms.co.uk/shop/ind...product_id=577

North American pre-orders links should be live soon!

UK Release Date: 21st September 2015
    US Release Date: 22nd September 2015
    Region: A+B / 1+2

KILL AND PRAY!

Directed by Carlo Lizzani (Wake Up and Kill, The Hills Run Red) and with a superb soundtrack by Riz Ortolani (Day of Anger, Cannibal Holocaust), Requiescant – Latin for ‘Rest in Peace’ – ranks among the finest Spaghetti Westerns. Alex Cox named it the “one film to prove that the Italian Western was not solely Sergio Leone’s”.

Lou Castel (Fists in the Pocket, A Bullet for General) plays a young man who was raised to be a pacifist by a travelling preacher after Confederates massacred his family. But when his step-sister runs away, the pursuit reveals a natural talent as a sharp-shooter as well as a bloody and unexpected confrontation with his past.

Joining Castel are an impressive array of performers, including Mark Damon (Black Sabbath, The Fall of the House of Usher) as the sadistic aristocratic villain, Franco Citti (Accattone, The Godfather) as his henchman, and the great Italian filmmaker Pier Paolo Pasolini (Salò) in a rare acting role as a revolutionary priest.

SPECIAL EDITION CONTENTS
    •Brand new 2K restoration of the film from the original camera negative
    •High Definition Blu-ray (1080p) and Standard Definition DVD presentations
    •Optional English and Italian soundtracks in uncompressed PCM mono audio
    •Newly translated English subtitles for the Italian soundtrack
    •Optional English subtitles for the deaf and hard of hearing for the English soundtrack
    •An all-new interview with Lou Castel, recorded exclusively for this release
    •Archive interview with director Carlo Lizzani
    •Theatrical Trailer
    •Reversible sleeve featuring original and newly commissioned artwork by Gilles Vranckx
    •Illustrated collector’s booklet containing new writing on the film by Pasquale Iannone"

Also, a non-limited edition of Society, but we already know what's on that! ;)

But that's not all!! Because on their Facebook in the comments section...:

"Two more US titles for September to be unveiled soon - we weren't quite ready to reveal them today, but watch this space "

I'm hopin' for Bad Taste and Meet The Feebles!