Arrow Video US / UK Thread

Discussion in 'General' started by zbinks, Oct 3, 2014.

1. Zombie Dude

Zombie Dude Well-Known Member

Ah ok, thanks. That's pretty cool then. I had this pre-ordered on Arrow's site, so to find out I'm getting two additional films is awesome.

Last edited: Jul 24, 2019
  2. shape22

shape22 Well-Known Member

Thanks for posting this. I got my pre-order in through Amazon UK (still showing the old specs, but seemingly the right version). With expedited shipping, it came to under $31. The regular version is much cheaper, but I don't know why anyone wouldn't pony up the reasonable extra cash for the additional films.

3. Katatonia

Katatonia Hellbound Heart

Diabolik commented on the Django fiasco:

Interesting if it's indeed true. I really wouldn't blame Arrow if they simply kept all of their exclusive bonus features for it. Glad I got it from Amazon as a cheap pre-order way back when!

I also received a "release date delivery" email notice from Amazon yesterday regarding Alice Sweet Alice.

4. X-human

X-human I ate my keys

Well that is a surprise about Oldboy. I suppose I'll need to hang on to my Tartan Blu-ray disc then.

It sold out on Arrow's site a few days ago:
    I'm kinda surprised this is selling out so quickly. International films in general are down and the Asian bubble burst a decade ago. I've placed my order with Amazon.co.uk and Kat's slip cover talk made cave in on Weird Science which only came to $15.00 US.

5. CPT HOOK

CPT HOOK Well-Known Member

Arrow's October announcements are tomorrow.

I'm seeing rumors of American Werewolf In London, but I'm also hoping for the official announcements of US Elvira and Larraz Volume 2 (Edge Of The Axe, Savage Lust).

6. Mutilated Prey

Mutilated Prey Soul Stealer

Edge of the Axe is coming. VS helped on that and The Prey.

Katatonia likes this.
  7. hots4

hots4 Dogs In White

Interesting the possibility of another American Werewolf release, apart from a 4k scan, not sure what they can add, however if they have found the long lost gore footage and have added back into the movie, I will quadruple dip that mother fucker in a heartbeat!

fattyjoe37 likes this.
  8. russweiss

russweiss Well-Known Member

I recently watched the blu-ray for Werewolf and Landis mentions in one of the extras that the first two preview screenings he held (Chicago and New York) there is a scene with the three homeless guys getting attacked by the werewolf. He said he cut the scene because it distracted the audiences from what happened in the following scenes.

9. hots4

hots4 Dogs In White

Yeah, I've been hoping this footage would show up for years, fingers crossed this could be the time.

10. baggio

baggio Well-Known Member

11. hots4

hots4 Dogs In White

No deleted gore footage for Werewolf, I had everything crossed!!!! :(

Interesting though I've had that artwork on my wall for about a year, I wondered when I got it, what could it have been commissioned for, maybe it's been in the works for that long?

12. Kim Bruun

Kim Bruun Resident Scream Queen

Some important titles there, but nothing I absolutely must have. Obviously I already have their UK Ringu. Killer Nun I've always been curious about, but I kinda get the impression that it isn't as sleazy and exploitative as the title suggests. I already have the Scream Factory Nightbreed, and while I like the movie, I'm not sure I really need to double dip on it. Finally, An American Werewolf in London - this is gonna sound sacrilegious, but while I recognise it as a classic, for some reason I was never in love with it.

13. russweiss

russweiss Well-Known Member

American Werewolf is one of those films I will always have a great love for. I had to sneak into the theater to see it back in 1981 since it was rated R. It was playing on a double bill with the third Omen film and I remember I watched Werewolf then Final Conflict and actually sat through Werewolf again. Upon my recent viewing on blu-ray it still holds up very well and doesn't seem dated. Lots of gore and I enjoy the comedy in this one. While there isn't much of a soundtrack I still enjoy the score. Definitely among my favorites.

14. fattyjoe37

fattyjoe37 Well-Known Member

American Werewolf is my favorite horror film of all time and I will definitely be buying it. Will also get Nightbreed if I can sell my Scream Factory LE to offset the cost. Interested in the Ringu collection just because I know it went OOP fast in the UK, but not sure how much I'll enjoy the films. I've only seen the first and remember next to nothing about it.

15. Zombie Dude

Zombie Dude Well-Known Member

Awesome, definitely getting American Werewolf. I'll consider Nightbreed but I don't think it stands the test of re-watches that well.

16. sinister

sinister Active Member

Same for me. I can see why others love it but it was always too uneven for me, some parts are perfect but other parts just keep pulling me out of it. Haven't seen it for years so will get this new release to watch it again.

I have this poster and actually prefer it to watching the movie. :)

[​IMG]

baggio and Kim Bruun like this.
  17. satans-sadists

satans-sadists Ghost

An American Werewolf in London is something I've only had on DVD. Definitely getting this. The rest of the announcements today are mostly disappointing. Already have the UK Ringu collection from Arrow. Also have the Scream Factory director's cut of Nightbreed. Toys Are Not For Children is a film I have on a Something Weird double feature DVD. Only watched it once & recall that it was tough to watch. The companion feature The Toy Box was much better. Have no use for the other Arrow announcements today.

Stige likes this.
  18. buck135

buck135 Kanamit

I agree with everything here...except for the soundtrack. I think it matches the mood of the film perfectly.

19. buck135

buck135 Kanamit

Definitely in for double dipping on American Werewolf. I already have the Scream and Cabal Cut versions of Nightbreed and the U.K. Rings set. No interest in any of the others.

20. Kim Bruun

Kim Bruun Resident Scream Queen

I realise that I'm in the minority here (but I'm glad I'm not alone). I think we can all name a genre classic which we can recognise the importance of but which somehow doesn't thrill us. I remember having that reaction to An American Werewolf in London. I also realise that some of the movies I really love are both artistically and technically inferior to AWiL. But hey, I totally get you - it baffles me every time someone states that they don't particularly love John Carpenter's Halloween. ;)