Arrow Video US / UK Thread

Discussion in 'General' started by zbinks, Oct 3, 2014.

1. satans-sadists

satans-sadists Ghost

2. Paff

Paff Super Moderator

I got 5 Arrow movies coming from MVD, I'm good for a while. Plus I don't even wanna know how long it would take to get shipped from the UK now. Man have things changed in just a few weeks! Last year I ordered Anna and the Apocalypse from Amazon UK and got it in 5 days, and one of those days was Christmas! That's damn good shipping during a holiday.

3. maybrick

maybrick Well-Known Member

You have a point. I have two separate orders from Indicator and Amazon uk that shipped out mid March and haven’t arrived yet. The Amazon package had a delivery date set for today. For reference, every order I have ever placed with Amazon Uk in the past has always come at least a week earlier than this.

4. sinister

sinister Active Member

The new Easter sale seems pretty decent, they've added quite a few titles I don't remember seeing on sale before so have ordered 4 this time. :)

satans-sadists likes this.
  5. Katatonia

Katatonia Hellbound Heart

I believe most things from the UK now are going out by the slower "sea" method due to the pandemic. Amazon UK might be shipping things out "Priority" now however, or at least if the order was made with something other than the cheapest shipping method. I had several old pre-order items that just shipped yesterday, and they shipped via DHL and should be here on the 14th or sooner. I only had the 2nd tier "Global Standard" shipping on the order, and that normally always just ships by a slower method with tracking.

Still waiting on my Elephant Man 4K set pre-order to ship though... it seems like orders are taking longer to "Prepare for Shipping" currently.

6. hots4

hots4 Dogs In White

We are on lock down currently in UK. All non food shops, pubs, restaurants, gyms, everything closed till further notice. People must to be 2 metres apart. So on line warehouses are working but due to restrictions cannot function as before, so shipping is taking a lot longer. Also if they do sell foods, medicines or other items deemed essential they are prioritising those.

7. Katatonia

It's exactly the same here in the USA. The majority of locations are closed, except for a few essential places and there are Stay at Home orders in most states now. Amazon US are also prioritising essential orders, but many other things are still shipping...just slower.

8. KGBRadioMoskow

KGBRadioMoskow Makes any meat boneless!

Everything currently in my cart that I want to order from Amazon UK is listed as "unavailable for delivery to your region due to high demand". Pretty sure demand has nothing to do with it, its they've shut down international shipping of some things completely for now.

Not that my Amazon US orders are moving faster. First shipments got slower, then a couple never progressed past the shipped state. Supposedly going out the door and then just....vanishing. No indication of the carrier ever receiving the package, and finally a refund being issues. Except in one case, where the item is bouncing around Amazon warehouses - like an item destined for California, shipped from a California warehouse, that is now in a Kentucky warehouse, still listed as scheduled to arrive with an ambiguous "Tuesday" (which MEANT two days ago, but I find it rather funny it still lists the day ambiguously like Wimpy promising when his hamburger will be paid for).

Right now, all but one of the orders I've placed since the last two weeks of last month are still unshipped, with tentative arrival dates as late as the end of this month. Things listed as in stock, not going out the door two to three weeks later. I'm not in any hurry (and don't have Prime because of that). But I was rather ticked when one item I ordered with Amazon as the seller was ineligible for free shipping due to perishability, so I had to pay a shipping charge for expediency. Then the item sat for over a week before it was shipped, spent over a week "in transit" with no tracking progress at all, and finally lost in the "never really shipped" limbo.

Again, I'm not out of pocket on any of this, and none of it is remotely critical. But as it stands for me, it appears ordering from Amazon doesn't mean shipping slower, it means not shipping at all.

scott71670 likes this.
  9. Katatonia

Correct, you can't place new orders with them currently... but they are honoring existing pre-orders and shipping them out. It's the same on Amazon DE and others.

10. CPT HOOK

CPT HOOK Well-Known Member

It seems like the Limited Beyond The Door is already sold out, and it was just released on Tuesday. I'm glad I was able to get one.

11. Katatonia

Surprising that it sold out so quickly too, and was confirmed even before the release date. It just didn't seem like a title that would sell that rapidly, especially already having previous Blu-ray releases.

I just received mine in the mail today from Deep Discount. It was only $22.94 after discount, so I'm not complaining... even though I had some doubts as to whether or not the pre-order would even ship.

The UK Arrow version of it appears to still be available at Amazon UK, although you can't currently place orders on there from many countries. Base has it also, and I do believe they still ship out to most countries if anyone is still looking for one.

12. scott71670

scott71670 Well-Known Member

My mail service was always haphazard here, but now its surreal. Have had to track down 7 cases of MREs in a month!

13. Katatonia

https://www.facebook.com/dawnofthediscs/posts/1122624838080734

***NEW TITLE ANNOUNCEMENT***

According to a statement by Nico Mastorakis on the recent Arrow Video Blu-ray of “The Wind”, Arrow will be releasing Dwight H. Little’s “Bloodstone” (1988) on Blu-ray in the near future! Mastorakis was a producer on Bloodstone.

Trailer:

[​IMG]

Yay, more Mastorakis! :)

14. Zombie Dude

Zombie Dude Well-Known Member

Lol, that was not a trailer.

15. Katatonia

Eh, that's just what they posted on Facebook.

This is the official trailer:

Zombie Dude likes this.
  16. satans-sadists

satans-sadists Ghost

17. Paff

Paff Super Moderator

You guys (and Arrow) had me all excited, as I've never seen or heard of The Wind before. And Showtime (who also have The Beyond, Zombie, Q:The Winged Serpent, and God Told Me To in regular rotation) is showing it this month.

turns out it's not the 1986 film, it's a 2018 movie set in the old west. D'oh!

gobad2003 likes this.
  18. maybrick

maybrick Well-Known Member

At least it isn’t about the 90s era farting superhero.

19. zbinks

zbinks Beset by Creatures of the Deep

https://www.facebook.com/ArrowVideo/photos/a.157131957654140/3210807118953260/

https://www.facebook.com/ArrowVideo/photos/a.157131957654140/3210820665618572/

https://www.facebook.com/ArrowVideo/photos/a.157131957654140/3210829232284382/

https://www.facebook.com/ArrowVideo/photos/a.157131957654140/3210834918950480/

Katatonia and russweiss like this.
  20. Katatonia

zbinks likes this.