Art of the Devil II - Holy Nasty Good N' Gross Looking :)

Discussion in 'Asian Horror and Other Pleasures' started by BloodMan, Nov 12, 2005.

1. geeare

geeare Guest

I recently bought the "2-pack" of these movies at an HMV store here in canada. I just watched the first one last night and didn't think it was as bad as this thread makes it out to be. as mentioned before it does get a little confusing for a bit but I think they were just trying to show how the previous fellas that we dead were killed. anyway, not horrible but not fantastic either. Looking forward to watching the second.

2. kyouki

kyouki Guest

I watched AotD1 last weekend and was pretty disappointed with it. It was basically your standard asian ghost movie with some black magic thrown in. Gore was pretty much limited to people throwing up blood all over the place.

3. Paff

Paff Super Moderator

I don't know if you've seen Art of the Devil 2 yet, but if you haven't, don't let the first one affect your opinion at all. They're not even related. No characters, actors, plots, whatever are carried over to the second. It's a sequel-in-name-only. And actually pretty darn good. Seen it a couple of times.

4. Ash28M

Ash28M Active Member

I wasn't too impressed with this. It was OK It had some good idea's but I though it was poorly executed on the most part. Shutter was so much better and The Eye better then both of them put together IMO.

5. Paff

Paff Super Moderator

I was gonna watch Shutter again this past weekend, but I was getting sleepy. I want to see it again, because I don't remember finding it all that amazing.

And The Eye is ok, but kind of predictable if you've seen a lot of ghost stories.

As for Thai horror, there's a recent film called The Victim that mines a lot of the same territory; solve the murder and the ghost will be at peace. Then about 50 minutes in, the whole thing takes a major zag for a significant, Lynchian change. Good movie.

6. Ash28M

Ash28M Active Member

Great thanks, I'll check that out. You should give Re-cycle a shot I thought it was great. Again directed by the Pang Bro's.

Last edited: Sep 25, 2007
  7. ReelFear

ReelFear New Member

i enjoyed THE VICTIM as well. one of the better Tartan A.E. releases

8. maskull

maskull I finally got an avatar!!! Yay!!

I hated pretty much every character in this movie so I just couldn't get into it. I may give it another chance in October because my expectations will have changed going in, so perhaps I'll enjoy it more.